What's new

Panama Case - Post Verdict Discussion and Updates

Aisy bhtt se cases hotay hain...jis main unfortunately similar cases main different decisions bhi hotay hain...
But circumstances and motives are exactly the same in both cases i.e. FZC and non declaration.

Edit: sorry, not the same as pointed out by @Farah Sohail. Iqama declared in nomination papers unlike MNS but not in Tax returns (which points to tax evasion)

Last edited:
She keeps taking scathing lashes at Pakistan Army and Judiciary. Whatever happened to LHC verdict on speeches against judiciary to be banned from broadcast by PEMRA?

Speeches tu inn ki ban ho nahi paa rahi..and we are expecting SC to disqualify Kulsoom Nawaz..at this stage... :(

images

Speeches tu inn ki ban ho nahi paa rahi..and we are expecting SC to disqualify Kulsoom Nawaz..at this stage... :(
I'm not saying that I expect but that I am sure they will disqualify KN "if it is again a matter of yet another undeclared AQAMA." If it is not about Aqama then she may well get some relief.

Q: If the Aqama has expired already, does it still need to be declared?

Nawaz got done for not declaring a valid Aqama and the salary.

Rauf Klasra about Yasmin Rashid's humble efforts in NA120:

I'm not saying that I expect but that I am sure they will disqualify KN "if it is again a matter of yet another undeclared AQAMA." If it is not about Aqama then she may well get some relief.

According to dawn:

Mir has stated in his plea that Kulsoom failed to submit full details of her tax returns and statements of assets and liabilities. She purposely concealed her assets and did not disclose a United Arab Emirates iqama (work permit) attached with her nomination papers, therefore she is ineligible to participate in the by-election under Articles 62 and 62 of the Constitution, the application said.

Q: If the Aqama has expired already, does it still need to be declared?

Nawaz got done for not declaring a valid Aqama and the salary.

If it has expired then I don't think so. The one posted by Ali Zaidi a while ago was an expired one but was it renewed or not is not clear.

According to dawn:

Mir has stated in his plea that Kulsoom failed to submit full details of her tax returns and statements of assets and liabilities. She purposely concealed her assets and did not disclose a United Arab Emirates iqama (work permit) attached with her nomination papers, therefore she is ineligible to participate in the by-election under Articles 62 and 62 of the Constitution, the application said.
Interesting twist, iqama is attached in nomination papers but not declared in Tax returns points to attachment of Iqama as an afterthought to safeguard against what happened to MNS. Let's see how SC decides on not declaring the same in Tax returns as it does amount to tax evasion.

United Arab Emirates iqama (work permit) attached with her nomination papers
So iqama is declared in nomination papers unlike MNS but not reflected in Tax returns.

If it has expired then I don't think so. The one posted by Ali Zaidi a while ago was an expired one but was it renewed or not is not clear.

Interesting twist, iqama is attached in nomination papers but not declared in Tax returns points to attachment of Iqama as an afterthought to safeguard against what happened to MNS. Let's see how SC decides on not declaring the same in Tax returns as it does amount to tax evasion.

If Iqama is attached in nomination papers..does it mean...tht its a valid iqama? Or it can still be an expired one?

I think..i read somewhere in panama verdict..tht tax evasion simply doesnt get u disqualified.. I "think" in J Ijaz ul ahsan's judgment..but i am really not sure.. If someone can check..

Ok..can some one share the link of LHC 's judgment? I want to read the opinion of dissenting judge in detail.. Want to know..what has he written exactly? I couldnt find tht judgment on LHC website..

Aaj saabit hogaya.

Koi sharam nahi hoti
Kuch haya nahi hoti

Lagaaan Dialogue yaad agaya

Tum sala ghulaam log. Ghulaam hi rahega

Let me find and post a vid where the PMLN NA120 voter standing alongside the local body consular states that "ham tu baay sharam ho chukay hain noon league no vote daay daay kar par unn kay leye message haay kaay tussi tay kuch sharam kar loo, kuch hayyaa kar loo, kuch kaam karlo iss halqay maen bhee"

Yar yeh lahorion ko kab aqal aii gi, aik banda Pakistan main rehna pacand nahi kerta, apna alaj Pakistan main nahi kerwta, aisa bhenchoodon sa yeh expect kerta hain ka Pakistan ko badalin ga? Humera masla yeh corrupt or nahal hukmaran nahi, balka is mulk ki jahil paisa per bikna wali awam ha.
Road ko patch lagwo, police main bharti kerwa do, thora bohat paisa da do, vote in ka.

Back
Top Bottom