What's new

Pallywood: Debunking Palestinean Lies

Actually, Communism did not benefit Afghanistan at all. Those pics you have are of the cities where most of the Afghan commies were concentrated so of course they make it look all good and everything, but you are forgetting that under Marxism/Communism no individual is allowed to own land and the government has the ultimate control/authority, and this is where everything went wrong for the Communists because they began to impose their authority on Afghan farmers and Tribesmen, who were of a independent spirit and followed Sufism and majority were Hanafi Sunnis, the commies were forcing them to become Atheists or at least adopt Atheistic way of living, and this in turn alienated the farmers and Tribesmen and finally they began to fight back. This is where the foreign ideologies came in.

Well, my comparison was relative. I am no fan of communism but you surely cannot deny that Afghanistan's quality of life would definitely be better today if the insurgency did not start from back then. To remove a government, you don't start bomb blasts and attacks against the government. If our Prophet Mohammed wished so he could also do the same in Mecca but he did not do so. The most destructive thing, however, was the civil war which happened after USSR's withdrawal. This completely destroyed Afghanistan's infrastructure and sent the country back to stone age.

There is no Muslim unity, Arabs spit on us, they don't even consider us their equals. They taunt us "Oh, we are Arabs, the first Muslims, so respect us you ajam because the Prophet (PBUH) was a Arab".
So we must respect them and follow their orders because they are Arab and the Prophet (PBUH) was an Arab therefore we have no right to question them even if their hypocrisy is apparent for everyone to see, instead we must blindly follow them like a herd of sheep and adopt their ideologies instead of thinking for ourselves

Why is it that each and everyone one of you has got a clouded or misunderstood idea of what Unity means? Why would Unity mean following them?
You don't blindly follow your brother, do you? You respect him and tolerate his views, correct him if he's wrong, no poinlessly gun their views, race, colour, tribe etc. and you tyr to protect him and stand up for justice...
And by the way, most Arabs don't hate Pakistanis or non-Arabs as you're trying to imply. You've never met the common Arab on an Arabian steet somewhere in Arabistan or elsewhere, have you? You're probably taking some Pan-Arab/Racist goons and holding their views as being the majorities view...don't do that...

And no; Unity also doesn't mean you leave your own language/culture/history behind, and dismantle your own country to join theirs, as many are implying. But it certainly does mean that you don't just bash their language/culture or history or mock their weaknesses or shortcomings.

Also, Unity means you don't backstab that brother for your own political gains or jealousy

Why is it that each and everyone one of you has got a clouded or misunderstood idea of what Unity means? Why would Unity mean following them?
You don't blindly follow your brother, do you? You respect him and tolerate his views, correct him if he's wrong, no poinlessly gun their views, race, colour, tribe etc. and you tyr to protect him and stand up for justice...
And by the way, most Arabs don't hate Pakistanis or non-Arabs as you're trying to imply. You've never met the common Arab on the an Arabian steet somewhere in Arabistan or elsewhere, have you? You're probably taking some Pan-Arab/Racist goons and holding their views as being the majorities view...don't do that...

I concur about the 'most Arabs don't hate Pakistanis' just as 'most Pakistanis don't hate Arabs'....barring our Ultra-Nationalists and Pseudo-Intellectuals of course ! On the Unity bit...do you think that we, the Muslims, are sincere enough with each other to actually pull something like that off ?

As it so happens...the few Pakistanis that I do know who've made Saudi Arabia or the UAE (and 2 friends in Kuwait) their Homes,have never mentioned any of this perceived discrimination ! I'm sure there are people within their ranks who think along those lines but are they in the majority ? I would think not ! Tis also true that an Arab will feel more affinity towards an Arab because their culture and language is more or less the same....isn't it also true that we feel the same kind of affinity towards North-Indians because they speak the same language as us ? Does it imply in either of those cases that the Arabs are going to ditch us because we don't speak the same language or the Indians are going to embrace us as brothers because we do ? I would think that such would be a myopic view to look at these things; people have multiple identities and none of them are, usually, mutually exclusive of the others. For example, I'm a Kashmir by ethnicity, a Punjabi by culture, an Urdu speaker by linguistics, a Muslim by faith, a Sunni by fiqh and a Pakistani by nationality ! Does that imply that I'd somehow favour a Punjabi over a Non-Punjabi in any debate or that I'd side with a Sunni over a Shi'ite ? No, it simply means that I'd follow the natural order of things and be more comfortable around those who have the most things in common with me. I believe the same can be said about the Arab-Pakistani relations !
Of course, i agree with you, i'm not saying that we should ditch Islam and Arabs and instead embrace hindus just because they might share a few cultural and lingual similarities with us, my point was that we should become a little Nationalistic and take pride in our nation and our distinct heritage, culture, and history. It makes us look like desperate wannabes with inferiority complex when we ditch our thousands of years old history, our own culture and traditions, our own beautiful language and instead try to become Arab and start looking upon Arabs as if they are God's chosen people and whatever they do we must obey and follow quietly without questioning or thinking for ourselves. The world will only respect us when we show them that we are worthy of respect, and nobody respects a bunch of wannabes who don't even know their own identity.

I concur about the 'most Arabs don't hate Pakistanis' just as 'most Pakistanis don't hate Arabs'....barring our Ultra-Nationalists and Pseudo-Intellectuals of course ! On the Unity bit...do you think that we, the Muslims, are sincere enough with each other to actually pull something like that off ?

According to the Quran, muslim "brotherhood" is not the pan islamist ideology everyone thinks here.

It means you have different culture, nation, tribes, attributes etc. but whenever disputes arise between you, you settle it with your "brother". Nothing more. This sense of "brother" does not mean Pan-Islamism political ideologywhich is being propagated as "islamic" by some people here.

I explained this from verses in Quran before but I am in a hurry now so don't have the time t explain again.

According to the Quran, muslim "brotherhood" is not the pan islamist ideology everyone thinks here.

It means you have different culture, nation, tribes, attributes etc. but whenever disputes arise between you, you settle it with your "brother". Nothing more. This sense of "brother" does not mean Pan-Islamism political ideologywhich is being propagated as "islamic" by some people here.

I explained this from verses in Quran before but I am in a hurry now so don't have the time t explain again.

Run along to your errand my Russian friend...we both know that I'm not going to agree with you just as you won't agree with me ! We both have a very different understanding on what Islam says and what it doesn't ? In what context should the Quran be interpreted and shouldn't ! Lets agree to disagree on the verse 'The believers are nothing else than brothers (in Islâmic religion). So make reconciliation between your brothers, and fear Allâh, that you may receive mercy' (49:10)

P.S But of course...you're going to disagree with the interpretation of the parting verse too ! :woot:

It's honestly not a Herculean task; all it takes is some patience, tolerance, understanding and genuine good-will.
A united Muslim world would be a lot stronger than it is right now; we wouldn't be supporting enemy countries against each other for example. This sort of backstabbing is quite common now a days.

Run along to your errand my Russian friend...we both know that I'm not going to agree with you just as you won't agree with me ! We both have a very different understanding on what Islam says and what it doesn't ? In what context should the Quran be interpreted and shouldn't ! Lets agree to disagree on the verse 'The believers are nothing else than brothers (in Islâmic religion). So make reconciliation between your brothers, and fear Allâh, that you may receive mercy' (49:10)

P.S But of course...you're going to disagree with the interpretation of the parting verse too ! :woot:

Fair enough, to each his own. You fail to take into account the broader context of those verses. Anyway, whether we agree or disagree is a secondary issue because this is an online forum after all.

There doesn't seem to have been a separate "Palestinian Arab" identity; outside of the cities (where you might find many nationalities) if you weren't a Jew you identified with being a Syrian, Egyptian, Bedouin, or Arab.
I am not talking about Identity. Palestine never existed as an Independent nation after Islam. Neither was Jordan, UAE, Kuwait, Tunis and dozens of other countries around the globe. I am saying that doesn't mean that there were no Arabs living in Palestine in the 14 centuries, They were always the overwhelming majority. Just because they didn't have a defined border with Jordan and other countries, and just because they were culturally smiler to eachother, it doesn't mean they should be kicked out from Palestine.

I am not talking about Identity. Palestine never existed as an Independent nation after Islam. Neither was Jordan, UAE, Kuwait, Tunis and dozens of other countries around the globe. I am saying that doesn't mean that there were no Arabs living in Palestine in the 14 centuries, They were always the overwhelming majority. Just because they didn't have a defined border with Jordan and other countries, and just because they were culturally smiler to eachother, it doesn't mean they should be kicked out from Palestine.

When was this Palestinian identity born ? Was it after the Second World War when Nation-States based on everything from ethnicity or linguistics to a common cause or history, were emerging ? And a noob question, if you will : What are the characteristics that are unique to a Palestinian that makes them distinct from their Arab neighbours ?

characteristics that are unique to a Palestinian that makes them distinct from their Arab neighbours ?

I don't think they're ethnically Arab. They were mainly Christian and Pagan before Islam came, and didn't belong to the Arabian Tribes.

When was this Palestinian identity born ? Was it after the Second World War when Nation-States based on everything from ethnicity or linguistics to a common cause or history, were emerging ? And a noob question, if you will : What are the characteristics that are unique to a Palestinian that makes them distinct from their Arab neighbours ?
I think after the creation of Israel, they began to have a national resistance identity. Some put to much emphasize on it, Sykes–Picot Agreement should not define our identity IMO .

I don't think they're ethnically Arab. They were mainly Christian and Pagan before Islam came, and didn't belong to the Arabian Tribes.
Arab tribes have been migrating outside Arabia for over 2000 years, bloods mixed beyond recognition.

So were Warqa ibn Nawful and Umar bin Khattab ! I don't ethnicity has to anything with that...or does it ?

As far as I know, this is what happened; the Romans exiled the Jews & changed the name of the region from Judea to Palestine to disassociate that land from the Jews. After that Semitic tribes from regions such as Syria, Jordan, & Lebanon began to settle there, mostly people from the Levant. Eventually the people that settled over there came to be known as Palestinians.

I've asked this question before and didn't receive an answer, and I wish for someone pro-Israeli to answer this question : Are lands distributed by religion? If any group of people of certain religion used to live in a certain place but not any more, does that give them the right to go there and establish a country? Even if they weren't there for centuries and were mixed with lots of people? That's exactly what happened with Israel. I want a single Israeli to prove to me that his far ancestors actually used to live there in Palestine. The Jews weren't only in Palestine throughout the history, there were in different places as well, but ironically, every single Jew around the whole globe was given the right to go to Israel.

Back
Top Bottom