What's new

Palestinian TV airs show praising Fogel family murderer

PteX

Reaction score
Palestinian television aired an interview with the relatives of the Fogel family murderers earlier this month, praising the two cousins convicted with the brutal attack as "heroes."

The broadcast was aired as part of a weekly show on the Palestinian state-run station called "For You," which focuses on Palestinian prisoners incarcerated in Israel.
Itamar murder suspects and crime scene

Amjad Awad and Hakim Awad, with the crime scene in the background.

The show featured the aunt and mother of Hakim Awad, who along with his cousin Amjad was convicted of brutally stabbing to death five Fogel family members in an attack on their home in the West Bank settlement of Itamar on the night of March 11, 2011.

Hakim Awad's mother sent her regards to her son, proudly describing him as the perpetrator of the Itamar attack and that he was sentenced to 5 consecutive life sentences.

Awad's aunt then proceeded to describe her nephew as a "hero and a legend."

The unusual broadcast was reported by the Israel-based media watchdog organization Palestinian Media Watch

Late last year Amjad Awad was convicted of the murdering Ehud and Ruth Fogel, along with three of their young child-ren, Yoav, 11, Elad, 4, and Hadas, 3 months old, before fleeing the scene. His cousin Hakim was convicted a month earlier. Both men were sentenced to five consecutive life sentences by an IDF court.

I`m sure many agree that these monsters are heroes in their eyes but this article gives the sane, a glimpse into who exactly Israel is living with(This was not from Gaza even but from the West Bank).

What I could never understand is why is it that Muslims in general are so hostile to jews. Sometimes it's like they don't even want to see the entire jewish race on the Earth. It's like most Muslims hate jews like anything and some of them seem to have it as their life's mission to see to it that the entire jewish race is eliminated. It's pure, unadulterated hate.

I've witnessed this in my experiences too. Although it's something I could never understand.

This was done after the Mufti of Jerusalem(Palestinian Authority appointed Mufti) called for the death of all jews. When questioned why he said it he said "I cannot change the Hadith".

i saw an american television preaching it's Israels holy land and the innocent Israelis are trying to protect it from those ****** Muslims so that's why the US should protect them. :rofl:

What I could never understand is why is it that Muslims in general are so hostile to jews. Sometimes it's like they don't even want to see the entire jewish race on the Earth. It's like most Muslims hate jews like anything and some of them seem to have it as their life's mission to see to it that the entire jewish race is eliminated. It's pure, unadulterated hate.

I've witnessed this in my experiences too. Although it's something I could never understand.

I believe you're very wrong. Muslims feel a special love for the Jews.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

This was done after the Mufti of Jerusalem(Palestinian Authority appointed Mufti) called for the death of all jews. When questioned why he said it he said "I cannot change the Hadith".
But that's alright if he did say what he said because a scholar has the leeway to be wrong without having sinned. He misjudged chronology.

I believe you're very wrong. Muslims feel a special love for the Jews.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

But that's alright if he did say what he said because a scholar has the leeway to be wrong without having sinned. He misjudged chronology.
It wasn`t the first time a Mufti from Jerusalem called for the death of all Jews and shared his beliefs that suicide bombings were a sacred way of resistance in the name of Allah.

It wasn`t the first time a Mufti from Jerusalem called for the death of all Jews and shared his beliefs that suicide bombings were a sacred way of resistance in the name of Allah.
They had suicide bombings at first time of such a proclamation? Did it even exist in their minds? Didn't explosives exist much before (in our region they were canon-bombing in the late 1400s), and yet none of them came up with that idea? I think the idea came from communist influences on organizations like the Fatah.

Anyway, even when I am far away from the conflict and not exposed to the facts on the ground that could justify one side wrt the other, my truest and deepest sympathies for the fallen non-combatants. This is just not our way, neither is it yours.

I still can't get my mind around the "kill all the Jews" propos, it had to be more qualified, more specific, like "kill all the Jews inside Palestine". A Pakistani Jew an Ethiopian Jew can't be blanketed under that, unless they're actively participating in Israel's war machine, and therefore a direct adversary of people that country occupies.

They had suicide bombings at first time of such a proclamation? Did it even exist in their minds? Didn't explosives exist much before (in our region they were canon-bombing in the late 1400s), and yet none of them came up with that idea? I think the idea came from communist influences on organizations like the Fatah.

Anyway, even when I am far away from the conflict and not exposed to the facts on the ground that could justify one side wrt the other, my truest and deepest sympathies for the fallen non-combatants. This is just not our way, neither is it yours.

I still can't get my mind around the "kill all the Jews" propos, it had to be more qualified, more specific, like "kill all the Jews inside Palestine". A Pakistani Jew an Ethiopian Jew can't be blanketed under that, unless they're actively participating in Israel's war machine, and therefore a direct adversary of people that country occupies.

Well, you`ve made your point. It`s ok to kill Israeli Jews, women and children includes since they are considered enemy combatants just for being Israeli.
To the Mufti`s credit he said Suicide bombing was an ok way of Jihading against Israelis.

Well, you`ve made your point. It`s ok to kill Israeli Jews, women and children includes since they are considered enemy combatants just for being Israeli.
To the Mufti`s credit he said Suicide bombing was an ok way of Jihading against Israelis.
My post was ambiguous in that respect, but it accounted for the ambivalence in the interpretation of Israeli citizenship and Israeli militancy, since all civilians are drafted at some part of their lives. I have to respect differing views, even when their proponents are not present in the discourse, and even when I may not agree with them, that's part of academic honesty. I wasn't making any point, and any honest reader will see that, I was 1. asking some questions to clear some doubts, and 2. expressing my perplexity at some of the things said. I am opinion-less about your country and wish to remain so, my concern is my life and my death.

If the Mufti also said watering Israeli plants and feeding Israeli cats or smiling at Israeli citizens was an OK way of jihaading against the State of Israel, would it matter to you?

Anyway, what that Mufti is saying is what that Mufti is saying, not all of the Muftiyeen are saying. But he's where it matters, and others aren't.

My post was ambiguous in that respect, but it accounted for the ambivalence in the interpretation of Israeli citizenship and Israeli militancy, since all civilians are drafted at some part of their lives. I have to respect differing views, even when their proponents are not present in the discourse, and even when I may not agree with them, that's part of academic honesty. I wasn't making any point, and any honest reader will see that, I was 1. asking some questions to clear some doubts, and 2. expressing my perplexity at some of the things said. I am opinion-less about your country and wish to remain so, my concern is my life and my death.

If the Mufti also said watering Israeli plants and feeding Israeli cats or smiling at Israeli citizens was an OK way of jihaading against the State of Israel, would it matter to you?

Anyway, what that Mufti is saying is what that Mufti is saying, not all of the Muftiyeen are saying. But he's where it matters, and others aren't.

The mufti of Jerusalem, Sheikh Hussein, addressed a crowd at an event marking the 47th anniversary of the founding of Fatah, the mainstream movement led by the Palestinian Authority president, Mahmoud Abbas. He quoted a hadith, a saying attributed to the Prophet Muhammad, stating: "The Hour will not come until you fight the Jews. The Jews will hide behind stones or trees. Then the stones or trees will call: Oh Muslim, servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him."

You do not see a difference between calling for the death of Jews so that Judgement day may come and feeding Israeli cats?

The mufti of Jerusalem, Sheikh Hussein, addressed a crowd at an event marking the 47th anniversary of the founding of Fatah, the mainstream movement led by the Palestinian Authority president, Mahmoud Abbas.
The Hour is not now, and nobody knows when it is. When the time comes, what will happen will happen. Why don't his constituency challenge Mr. Abbas on the fact that he has no scholastic authority to quote the Ahadeeth?

" calling for the death of Jews so that Judgement day may come":
No causation, only temporal correlation. You misunderstood.

You do not see a difference between calling for the death of Jews so that Judgement day may come and feeding Israeli cats?
The issue isn't equality between killing someone and feeding their furry friend. I just wanted to probe something in your mind, but failed:)

The Hour is not now, and nobody knows when it is. When the time comes, what will happen will happen. Why don't his constituency challenge Mr. Abbas on the fact that he has no scholastic authority to quote the Ahadeeth?

" calling for the death of Jews so that Judgement day may come":
No causation, only temporal correlation. You misunderstood.

The issue isn't equality between killing someone and feeding their furry friend. I just wanted to probe something in your mind, but failed:)
Yes, i share the feeling. Words are stronger than actions, especially when spoken to impressionist mindless degenerates who follow religious incitement without questioning it. How many Muslim children now believe that killing Jews is an essential part of the Judgement day? Did you think about that?

Yes, i share the feeling. Words are stronger than actions, especially when spoken to impressionist mindless degenerates who follow religious incitement without questioning it....
Be wary, there are almost 7 billion "impressionist mindless degenerates" who are led on by political leaders worldwide, including your fellow citizens. People just need to stop a moment an think about what they're ingesting.

Calling a Palestinian a "mindless degenerate" won't win me over as your friend if I were a Jew, and other conscientious Jews, Palestinians, other Israelis and all manner of people out there.

The Fatah isn't a religious organisation and doesn't pretend to be one, and if I were there in the crowd, I'd fully understand Mr. Abbas' need for gaining sympathy by whatever angle he could exploit, but leave it at that. I won't learn my creed from a politician. What would be plain silly.

...How many Muslim children now believe that killing Jews is an essential part of the Judgement day? Did you think about that?
That is a translation so what does it really mean when you use the word Jew and Muslim is indiscernable (e.g. what is translated Jew may include Muslims). But it already is part of your creed that twice you'd spread corruption in Shaam and twice Allah will send people who are devoid of mercy to deal with you for your crimes! It has happened once in the past, so the conclusions are yours to draw. I don't have the reference right now but I did read it in the Bible.
^I persisted with that specific quote just to be able to say that second thing even though I'm very uncomfortable with it for several reasons, not the least of which is that I'd be a school kid trying to work with string theory.

There are far more skewed ideas children worldwide are growing up with. Muslim children too are learning extraneous ideas so unequivocally passed onto them as our tradition people from as late as the last century would balk at them. This is a problem of the age of quite grave concern for the Muslim ummah and I don't see a solution in the short-term, in the long-term yes, through Providence. What individual people who don't really have a public voice can do, I think, is to spot where their tradition is being worked to the advantage of local politics, and pass on the classical, unadultrated understanding to the next generation.
What I can tell you is, this Muslim kid grew up without an anti-Jewish bone in his body, but he didn't grow up in Palestine!

Back
Top Bottom