What's new

Pakistan's Taliban Offensive Will Fall Short

india have better tactics than pakistan army. many country including US, israel, UK, Russia and many others came to india to learn how indian army is so successful in countering the insurgency india dispite pakistan's support to the terrorism in kashmir and other places in india and india's counter insurgency training and tactics are praised by many counters including US, UK and russian. and i am sure that these armys are light year ahead of pakistan army in equipments and training. the airstrike conducted by PAF cause much more collateral damage than the US drones. even the civilians in pakistan had said that they afraid PAF than US drones.

even in 80s and early 90s no civilians in kashmir had to leave their home because of a counter insurgency operations done by indian army. what pakistan military is doing is call an airstrike if there is any presence of a terrorist and kill everyone in that area and declare those killed in airstrike are terrorist. even media have been restricted from those place in-order to hide the civilian causality. pakisatn military is fighting insurgency as same way they fight conventional wars.

Your post might have a degree of truth to it, but your folly lies in comparing the Kashmir Insurgency with the Taliban Insurgency, if you think that the two share any likeness in tactics, capability, reach or objectives, then I think you seriously need to read up on both conflicts to revise your knowledge on the subject.

and i am sure that these armys are light year ahead of pakistan army in equipments and training. the airstrike conducted by PAF cause much more collateral damage than the US drones. even the civilians in pakistan had said that they afraid PAF than US drones.

There was just one airstrike that went wrong, otherwise we have had a pretty clean record, kindly don't make wild claims. Obviously locals will fear an F-16 more than a Predator, it shrieks through the sky, flies past at unbelievable speeds and creates explosions that make hellfires look like a firecracker but that does not mean that it also kills civilians. These strikes are planned to a tee and deferred even if there is a slight change in the wind direction until the pilots can calibrate a suitable attack angle.

what pakistan military is doing is call an airstrike if there is any presence of a terrorist and kill everyone in that area and declare those killed in airstrike are terrorist.

Source?

even media have been restricted from those place in-order to hide the civilian causality

They have been barred to avoid giving the TTP a bargaining chip.

pakisatn military is fighting insurgency as same way they fight conventional wars.

Plain BS, no military has changed its combat doctrine more throughly than Pakistan Army for COIN, we have established new schools, retrained all units being deployed and armed them with new weaponry suited to use in LIC in BUAs.
This is by far your most rubbish statement.

Last edited:
india have better tactics than pakistan army. many country including US, israel, UK, Russia and many others came to india to learn how indian army is so successful in countering the insurgency india dispite pakistan's support to the terrorism in kashmir and other places in india and india's counter insurgency training and tactics are praised by many counters including US, UK and russian. and i am sure that these armys are light year ahead of pakistan army in equipments and training. the airstrike conducted by PAF cause much more collateral damage than the US drones. even the civilians in pakistan had said that they afraid PAF than US drones.

even in 80s and early 90s no civilians in kashmir had to leave their home because of a counter insurgency operations done by indian army. what pakistan military is doing is call an airstrike if there is any presence of a terrorist and kill everyone in that area and declare those killed in airstrike are terrorist. even media have been restricted from those place in-order to hide the civilian causality. pakisatn military is fighting insurgency as same way they fight conventional wars.

I think das bhai

you have too much energy to write all this "my finger is bigger than yours" type of stuff.

Totally unnecessary. Totally.

I think I should invite you to my place and feed you huge breakfast at Sehri so you fast for the day and then eat dinner with me.

That way both of us can do our meditation, prayer and tapssia according to our faiths.

Only then you may quit posting these irrelevant things. Only then.

This is the time Indians posters should be praying for the success of Pakistan.
you know that. Right?

you know why? right?

The mission is to clear out the militant stronghold, hold ground and reinforce with troops, and permanent bases which blocks the return of the insurgents. The model has worked well in Swat and South Waziristan.

The Taliban insurgency has been a high volume one that has involved their forces being involved in protracted, prolonged assaults that require a stable base of operations to be effective. This is now denied to them. Yes they will melt away into the cities, but law enforcement is ready for this and now with the paramilitary rangers having great successes against terrorist groups recently this will just mount the pressure upon them. The articles also ignore inter group conflicts. The fact that in Karachi the TTP have had been wiped out by the Meshud TTP, rendering their ability to strike in big cities less effective.

PA seems to have lost a tactical edge, they should have gone ahead with the ops which they had rightly planned in winter when fleeing into Afghanistan would have been difficult.

Typical and stereotypical, two words I can best use to describe this article.

Irrespective of what the articles say or don't ;

There are not two ways around the FACT that our political leadership has fallen short of delivering the political push required
in this war.

Neither the strategy, nor the impetus to one has been seen in the political leadership.

oh come on OP and other bhartis on this thread guys you know nothing about our this zarb e azb thing so dont try to act like some war strategists . Just concentrate on improving lives of your darkie brother and sisters.

What Indians don't understand is if their wet dream of Pakistan in chaos does come true then 100 million Pakistanis will invade India and bombs will be going off in every corner and the whole subcontinent will go to hell.

One of the main pillars of coin operations is not to appear as occupying force.

This is a bit easy if you are not from another country
from another religion

Also need to add and support "awakening councils" as part of COIN.

So yes Pakistani army has a lot of experience doing civilian project and running the army.

IN fact I'd dare say that in few months time (once NWA is relatively calm) we should pull out 20,000 (out of 40 or so) and send them on peace keeping mission in places like Iraq. Off course it will not be free. and someone in USA and Iraq has to foot the bill.

Pakistani army can not only pacify ISIS but also speed up the infrastructure projects so the people have more trust in Iraqi gov.

Sorry I went off topic.

Happy Ramzan

Left of center Pashtuns support ANP

Right winger conservative Islamists do not support ANP

Also Karachi politics is $hitty as hell where my own Bihari community is the biggest culprit.

Sorry I am off topic.

thats the point...the military's job is to clear the areas and hold, then its the job of the civil admn to rehab and reconstruct. unfortunately the civil admn is non-existant in such cases and then army has to do the civil admn job ---which is wrong.

thats the point...the military's job is to clear the areas and hold, then its the job of the civil admn to rehab and reconstruct. unfortunately the civil admn is non-existant in such cases and then army has to do the civil admn job ---which is wrong.

FATA never had true civilian admn.

Local Tribals never allowed it.

This is why the tribals got bamboozled by TTP.

FATA never had true civilian admn.

Local Tribals never allowed it.

This is why the tribals got bamboozled by TTP.

the political agent is the liaison between tribes and civ-admn.

@Fatman 17; may I put forward what may be a seemingly contrarian view:
The absence of Civilian Admin in those areas is simply a flawed continuation of a Colonial Policy. But be that as it may be; now the Military has to be involved in Rehabilitation, Reconstruction and more so Reconciliation. To act as protectors and facilitators (if not administrators) of those programs. As I see it; this will allow the Military to act as a (latent) Supervisory body on the Civilian Admin whose sincerity and efficiency will always likely to be suspect. And most of all; it will give a greater "Legitimacy" to the Military among the people of the region.
We cannot overlook the fact that: a very important part of CI (and CT) Ops is the "Battle for Legitimacy".

An Indian wet dream clearly visible from the general's article

What sort of arrangement that may emerge is to be seen, but the TTPs insistence on Sharia as the form of government in the areas they control will perhaps have to be acceded to. In a sense, this will effectively divide the state and lead to the creation of a larger Pashtun identity, on either side of the Durand Line.

Why is this thread even open? Why are the most senior and credible members here entertaining this Indian nonsense and replying to their hogwash in an educated and polite manner?

Screw them and what they think about this operation. Some times I laugh at how Indians perceive themselves on this board, like some god gifted nation. Not realizing the reputation they have in the world, that of a land of overcrowded, dirty looking and smelly food eating lot. A third world country of over a billion people with a horrible English accent and a large pollution and trash problem and now rape, out of many other. Let me stop here and not burst their bubbles any further.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom