What's new

Pakistan's Status vs India's status

what i think is USA is frustrated with china and china is frustrated with USA so they both are making moves against each other.
To show there power to the world. May be the Nato attack was warning to china. the best way to deal with this situation is to concentrate on development and make our economy strong

We need to stand up..about time with this baigharait zardari!

I personally feel that the biggest turning point and loss for Pakistan was Osama being discovered hiding in Pakistan. If he had been handed over before that, then not only would US-Pakistan ties have improved drastically, not only would Pakistan have been rewarded for the effort, but also earned some respect in the world for defeating terrorism (and not just vice versa)..and I am sure that at least some one in Pakistan's Army/ISI knew about him, otherwise it's simply impossible, and even though some Pakistani members feel the same way too nobody wants to admit it.

However, this host is being a little harsh. Pakistan can still make things right if the people cool down and better leadership makes decisions that are good for the country.

yes big problem of political leadership in pakistan which is corrupt just like india, a corrupted head of state like earliers of india but thanx God not the fundamentalists like BJP & others & coming to rule the country as well .
thanx God Pak ARmy dont ve as such grave & bigger issues like Indian Army.
God help us all

yes big problem of political leadership in pakistan which is corrupt just like india, a corrupted head of state like earliers of india but thanx God not the fundamentalists like BJP & others & coming to rule the country as well .
thanx God Pak ARmy dont ve as such grave & bigger issues like Indian Army.
God help us all

Why do you compare with a nation that you have no comparison with ?

The two incidents are not comparable. I dont understand what this guy is talking about. If they had breached any protocol regarding pakistani president, they would have apologised too.

If Zardari is made Indian Presdent then both the nation will have same status. In Wiki leak Saudis had good world about Zardari and I rest my case.

If Zardari is made Indian Presdent then both the nation will have same status. In Wiki leak Saudis had good world about Zardari and I rest my case.
It is unfair to blame everything on Zardari. Pakistan was not exactly rocking before Zardari came to scene.

It is unfair to blame everything on Zardari. Pakistan was not exactly rocking before Zardari came to scene.
Pakistan was in to 30 most corrupt but after him it's in top ten and I don't make the rating , global organizations rate.

Funny how Pakistanis and Indians in foreign lands such as Singapore seem to be the best of friends and hang out together, but in their own countries they hate each other to the core.

How exactly are you guys not Indian? By my understanding, many people in your country have families and relatives in India and vice versa? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the entire region known as British India prior to independance? With Pakistan being created as a homeland for the Muslims of India?

How exactly is Pakistan different from India culturally? I walk into a Pakistani restaurant hoping for a new experience, every damn thing on the menu is something I can find in an Indian restaurant. I try downloading a Pakistani movie with subtitles only to realize I didn't actually need the subtitles cos the language they speak is Hindi. ( later I found out its called Urdu but I can't really see any distinction between the two languages. U guys make yourselves sound as apart as Polish and Russians, or English and French, but in reality u guys are of the same stock)

Now take a look at us - I'm from Singapore, and we split from Malaysia in 1965 over a similar issue - we wanted equal rights for all, they were in favor of giving extra rights to Malays (Muslims). Yet, since the time we split, both our nations have been the best of friends, both of us taking advantage of each other's potential to grow and prosper. We don't interfere in each other's politics either, unlike you guys who choose to keep fighting over Kashmir.

(Really Pakistanis, what has your constant meddling in Kashmir achieved? Its been 60 years already,no resolution and half the militants you guys trained are turning against your own people. Everytime I check on yahoo news, the only news out of Pakistan is relating to drone attacks and suicide bombs. News from India on the other hand seems positive. Ask your Pakistani friends on scholarship over here if that isn't the general opinion. Many go around calling themselves 'Indian' just so they could be accepted in wider circles. Even Sri Lanka is moving ahead of Pakistan now that they have put an end to their LTTE insurgency)

And there is no denying that we both, Singapore and Malaysia have done well exceptionally on the world stage. Only problem is, both our countries are small.

If only India and Pakistan could achieve this level of cooperation, think of the economic potential both you guys would share, and the kinda impact both your nations would make in the world given your immense population and resources. Pakistan in itself has more than 5 times the total population of Malaysia and India is the second largest nation in the world.

I don't mean to diss you guys, but I'm kinda shocked at the kind of blind optimism the Pakistanis on this forum seem to have. I've spoken to many Americans too about this (Singapore is a very international country and we have all kinds of people here). Most of them simply choose to refer to Pakistan as a 'rogue, failed state'. Yet you choose to highlight problems within India instead of recognizing your own weakness.

Here's a fact - India's problems are poverty amongst the masses and malnutrition - yet that's an Indian problem. It stays in the country and doesn't go anywhere. Pakistan's problems are militancy and terrorism, both of which ARE the world's problem. U had Osama Bin Laden hiding out next to your own 'West Point', and really - try traveling out with a Pakistani passport and see how far you would go. Pakistanis I know over here are pretty pissed off by the fact that they have a hard time traveling around the world as compared to the Indian simply because having a Pakistani passport invites extra scrutiny and suspicion.

Not intending to offend anyone here. Just stating the facts.

Back
Top Bottom