What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

That can be seen simply from the paragraph structure; first sentence of the para states that they can learn something from others and then the paragraph continues to describe the SSG selection process i.e. the others and their process. And if one can learn from the other's process then that means that the other's process is better, maybe not absolutely but there do exist elements which are better, according to the statement that is.

Yes, agreed. No system is perfect, the SSG might be doing something well that the MARCOs are not, but there might be (and hopefully for Pakistan, there is) a SSG officer who is looking at other training processes and looking to learn from them too.

And I quote, "Prehaps we could learn something from the selection process of foreign special forces. In the Special Services Group...."

he is not saying that SSg's selection process is superior than marcos. he was mentioning about army's selection process, in indian army the selection process is not leaner. some part is done by special forces and some by regulars.

army personals don't even know much about the selection process of marcos. navy kept the details of training very secretly and there is no joint training b/w paracommandos and marcos in INS Abhimanyu or any other special ops traing centers of navy ...marcos basic training is similar to US navy seals, the seals BUTS training is replicated in marcos training. the rejection rate in marcos training had never came below 85%. indian army personal only do training in navy's diving school and marcos do training in CIJW, HAWS and special forces training school in nahan of the army.

Last edited:
Yes, agreed. No system is perfect, the SSG might be doing something well that the MARCOs are not, but there might be (and hopefully for Pakistan, there is) a SSG officer who is looking at other training processes and looking to learn from them too.

Of course they must be, these aren't mouse pushing, doped up internet warriors we're talking about.

@special , read my post after that one. Can't explain it any better.

The 75th Ranger Regiment is not a SOF group.

They are are just highly elite light infantry force assigned to SOCOM with the objective to conduct special operations in support of SOCOM missions.

The training is different because, from other Spec Ops, due to the different mission objective. Ranger School is a ball busting, humbling experience, course designed to strip you of your manhood. It is designed to mimic the stresses, a Ranger will see in combat. Through this, Ranger students learn the necessity of planning, execution, teamwork. Leaving no stone unturned, no leader is considered a leader unless he faces the same experiences of those enlisted. Leaders earn their place, it is never given. Ranger School is designed to stress individuals to their physical limits in its three weeks and to expose those who are unable to be team players under stressful situations.

Once a soldier has been selected, then the emphasis is to build upon that soldiers' physical fitness and qualifications that were screened in his application (GT score = general aptitude and intelligence, DLAB = language aptitude, etc.). The end state of SFQC and the follow on training is an operator capable of both detailed planning and the capability to interact on missions independent of higher command but within the intent and purpose of their mission.

So, I'd say that while the Rangers would fall in comfortably within the direct action spectrum of the Spec Ops mission, Spec Op teams cover much more ground in their FID, SR, UW, and CT missions. Follow-up training is regularly given to enhance the Ranger's unconventional skills required from them.

In other words, each American Spec Ops team is elite in their own rights. Each Spec Ops Tier, has different missions, although they share some of the spectrum of special operations.
and since we are talking about SoF then just for others to note - 75th Ranger Regiment should not be confused with Ranger Patch one gets from Ranger school.
75th Ranger Regiment is more like a Support Unit to Special Forces - and 75th along with few others are Army Special Operation Force.
for UK equivalent I would say we have UKSFSG (Special Forces Support Group) where you have Royal Marines & Paratropper Regiment.

and since we are talking about SoF then just for others to note - 75th Ranger Regiment should not be confused with Ranger Patch one gets from Ranger school.
75th Ranger Regiment is more like a Support Unit to Special Forces - and 75th along with few others are Army Special Operation Force.

Rangers Tab means little to nothing. Its just a tab you get after competing 62 days of intense training. Think of it as, a infantry soldier getting his feet wet with a little more specialized training that's about it.

Don't underestimate the 75th. Many of them go on into --> Green Berets --> Delta --> CIA SAD --> _______ after a few years.

Rangers Tab means little to nothing. Its just a tab you get after competing 62 days of intense training. Think of it as, a infantry soldier getting his feet wet with a little more specialized training that's about it.

Don't underestimate the 75th. Many of them go on into --> Green Berets --> Delta --> CIA SAD --> _______ after a few years.
i know that - that is why, i said since we are at it, i thought it was important to mention for others to know.

I never under estimated 75th Ranger & the likes, infact they are ,as you said, part of US SOCOM and Army's special operation force,

cutmypic.png

o thanks bro....and
sorry i'm new to pdf so dont know all the rules but i'll say 1 thing that these kind of pics are revolving through fb and other forum without hiding thier identitien

These are our best trained men, its our responsibility to protect their identities. Take pics to the paint software and add a black stripe on the eyes - if you dont have adobe to use the blur tool. Doesn't take long at all.

tell me more about this SSG pic the guy in srilanka gainst LTTE do u have any info about the operations??

The first team of instructors were sent during Zias regime... And SL guys are still being trained in our institutes..Ops I Dnt think anything till now has been declassified or revealed.

These are our best trained men, its our responsibility to protect their identities. Take pics to the paint software and add a black stripe on the eyes - if you dont have adobe to use the blur tool. Doesn't take long at all.
ok, i'll take care nxt time

The first team of instructors were sent during Zias regime... And SL guys are still being trained in our institutes..Ops I Dnt think anything till now has been declassified or revealed.

We do have a lankan military cadet studying at MCS.

Back
Top Bottom