What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

Am not sure if this has been posted before or not, if has been then sorry.

AERODIUM completes vertical wind tunnel for Special Forces of Pakistan

It is the first MULTIPLE MOTOR open type wind tunnel used for army. The latest technologies have been implemented to achieve the highest possible parameters. As a result, it is the smoothest and safest Open Air Wind Tunnel ever built, equipped with the most uniform airflow. The airflow is sufficiently strong and uniform to allow flying not only in regular jumping suits but also flying with military equipment.

dsc02547_f7e8f.jpg

dsc02727_73adb.jpg

pict0284.jpg

dsc08872.jpg

dsc02653.jpg

dsc02712.jpg

I pass by the SSG para training facility nearly every other day & see this wind tunnel thingy and wish to go on this vertical wind tunnel facility one day :)
I saw that ......You can get a glimpse of this machine if on high altitude building...Awesome....I didn't know what i am looking at.....Its in front of KFC right:D

welll it is special services group and as they have designated this name its confirmed be logical and think logical as ssg is trained to perform a number of special ops so ........u know special services group

They look rough and tough; but their performance has not been that outstanding as you would expect from an 'Elite' unit.

Ofcourse they've had successes (they are expected to carry out the more dangerous missions which is why they are 'elite') but it is the failures that troubles me.

During previous wars with India, quite a few missions failed and I just hope they've learned from their mistakes.

Cheers.

Where they lost their missions give a breif description...........don't just throw an arrow in the air................I think you are lacking knowledge about SSG's and their history and missions.:pakistan:

does the training of SSG soldiers are different from SSG OFFICIAL ranks ?

Without a shadow of doubt, the training of the SSG officers is tougher than that of the SSG ranks (soldiers etc.). The reason for this is because the officers are expected to set personal examples of very high performance and lead by these very examples. In the SSG, nothing gains respect aside from putting out (setting example by doing it and demonstrating it to the troops one commands).

To Sid's point about SSG performance not being "outstanding", that is a valid comment. However special operations by their very nature are difficult and have a higher rate of failure than success. Most SF units and their supporters talk up the successes and not the failures and the latter mostly stay hidden behind the shroud of secrecy.

SSG has had its shares of successes and failures. Also the rate of induction of the SSG in operations is higher than many other comparable SFs. So the failures are noticed a bit too. Aside from the failures due to planning in 65 and the set back at Siachen in 83, the SSG has done quite well in every operation it has been inducted in.

Last edited:
hey guys u knw wot....i have visit SSG training center a lot of times..
SSGs r rocks man...:pakistan:
terrorists cant spoil peace of or beloved country till SSGs r here to protect PAKISTAN by the GRACE OF GOD :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Land Forces

The Structure of the Pakistan Army can be broken down two ways, administrative, and operational. Operationally the Pakistan Army is divided in 10 Corps having areas of responsibility (AOR) from mountainous regions of northern Pakistan to the desert and coastal regions of the south. Administratively it is divided in different regiments (details below).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom