What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

Metal patches look trash.

969179_512223988848869_1461674402_n.jpg

They aren't patches...please compare:

1882837.jpg

There is also a hatch for the underslung hook.

If only they could learn to use a spell check!

And - Now They Belong to Ages? What does that mean? The title is nonsense.

If only they paid the same respect to the English language. Oh well.

Only if you had enough knowledge about the subject! Well, I'm not an English expert but as far as I know, this is a famous quote "He/they belong to the ages", it was first used for Abraham Lincoln, after his assassination, then numerous poems have used this phrase, mostly, used to pay tribute to soldiers.

"Now they belong to ages" simply means that "They have attained immortality in death". I hope now you understand, and btw, most of the SSG guys are well educated, so they don't need any english lesson. Good Day!

If only they could learn to use a spell check!

And - Now They Belong to Ages? What does that mean? The title is nonsense.

If only they paid the same respect to the English language. Oh well.

Only if you had enough knowledge about the subject! Well, I'm not an English expert but as far as I know, this is a famous quote "He/they belong to the ages", it was first used for Abraham Lincoln, after his assassination, then numerous poems have used this phrase, mostly, used to pay tribute to soldiers.

"Now they belong to ages" simply means that "They have attained immortality in death". I hope now you understand, and btw, most of the SSG guys are well educated, so they don't need any english lesson. Good Day!

Thanks for education, apologies to all for my ill educated post. You learn something new everyday. Indeed the quote 'Now He Belongs to Ages' was quoted when Abe Lincoln was assassinated. Thus I understand why the SSG used this as the title for the monument to remember our fallen heroes.

However, at the risk of being booed further, the spelling for beacon is wrong, which is why I was prompted to write my poor post. Nevertheless, now that I understand the historical link for this monument, what is said on this monument is pretty awesome.

Thanks for education, apologies to all for my ill educated post. You learn something new everyday. Indeed the quote 'Now He Belongs to Ages' was quoted when Abe Lincoln was assassinated. Thus I understand why the SSG used this as the title for the monument to remember our fallen heroes.

However, at the risk of being booed further, the spelling for beacon is wrong, which is why I was prompted to write my poor post. However, now that I understand the historical link for this monument, what is said on this monument is pretty awesome.
Even if the spelling is wrong, it does not make any difference as long as message is conveyed. After all English is not our mother tongue. Yet, the whole plaque is well articulated and grammatically correct. So they get 200 out of 100 for having such expertise in a foreign language :)

Even if the spelling is wrong, it does not make any difference as long as message is conveyed. After all English is not our mother tongue. Yet, the whole plaque is well articulated and grammatically correct. So they get 200 out of 100 for having such expertise in a foreign language :)

May I respectfully disagree. I understand what you mean, but in my mind it is not the education, since the plaque is so well written, yet there is a small mistake, which indicates a lazy attitude.

If you accept small mistakes in English or else where, then there is always the niggling feeling that somehow other areas would also be left as it is, and wars do not allow for such laziness. It is this overall teek hay attitude in the country and some of it has filtered down to the armed forces that allows the TTP to score victories like the killing of General Sana. You have got to admit that someone somewhere just did not do his job to allow the IED to go undetected in a supposedly cleared area!

May I respectfully disagree. I understand what you mean, but in my mind it is not the education, since the plaque is so well written, yet there is a small mistake, which indicates a lazy attitude.

If you accept small mistakes in English or else where, then there is always the niggling feeling that somehow other areas would also be left as it is, and wars do not allow for such laziness. It is this overall teek hay attitude in the country and some of it has filtered down to the armed forces that allows the TTP to score victories like the killing of General Sana. You have got to admit that someone somewhere just did not do his job to allow the IED to go undetected in a supposedly cleared area!

It is not a thek hai attitude just a minor clerical error, which was overlooked.

All of them are from SSGN - the guard is from SSG.

Pls can you explain me how we know that they are from SSGN and not Officers from the Marine Battalion ? (I know this picture very well it is from a exercise of the Marine Battalion.........)

Pls can you explain me how we know that they are from SSGN and not Officers from the Marine Battalion ? (I know this picture very well it is from a exercise of the Marine Battalion.........)

I stand corrected, however they wear a similar camouflage so its confusing - SEALs wear black gear most of the time. The guy on the far right with sun glasses is from the Special Forces. Then you have the Chief of Naval Staff wearing the same uniform. Few folks behind may well be from the Marines.

Back
Top Bottom