What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

i went to swat a couple of years ago and saw the SSG training camp near malam jabba............they were being trained there for mountainous warfare...........dont know if they still train there or not

A few more:

The entire Group:

5f7c503868bc1567757dca0c21f7b3c6.jpg

Officers together:

05563feb355ad43e2ad0306215d5972e.jpg

Nice pics Boy :tup:

I think we should expand Pakistani special forces or at the very least get some elite units like the Parachute Regiment in Britain or French Foreign Legion.

I was thinking of maybe:

1) An airborne unit like 16 air assault brigade from UK
2) Royal Marine type amphibious group
3) Attached special units in Paramilitaries especially for the Frontier corps.

My reasoning is the recent expansion of UK special forces to include a dedicated reconnaissance group and a special forces support group with the idea being that they secure the overall area whilst the SAS/SBS conduct their missions.

They are not only nice they are the Finest in the Job you can compare them with any best in the world.:toast:

Well acompany of SSG named BLACK STORKS were sent to afghanistan during the afghan war. They outnumbered the russian spetnaz there the world one of the top elite company.This is there real historic success on which we should be proud.they look deadly yaar

I think we should expand Pakistani special forces or at the very least get some elite units like the Parachute Regiment in Britain or French Foreign Legion.

I was thinking of maybe:

1) An airborne unit like 16 air assault brigade from UK
2) Royal Marine type amphibious group
3) Attached special units in Paramilitaries especially for the Frontier corps.

My reasoning is the recent expansion of UK special forces to include a dedicated reconnaissance group and a special forces support group with the idea being that they secure the overall area whilst the SAS/SBS conduct their missions.

That is the exact same model being pursued in the SSG now. It will take a while because it is very expensive to support a unit like the SSG due to its equipment requirement. The SSG is being expanded under a div command now (with a Maj Gen as the commander SSG) and this means that instead of the single brigade strength, the SSG will have 2 and potentially even 3 brigades in the future. This will allow SSG battalions to have companies with dedicated taskings/training/equipment for very specific role rather than having all of the SSG bns do it all. There is definetly a lot of focus towards specialization in the SSG now and this trend will continue. Looking through last year's attendance of Pakistani officers/ORs in the US military schools, it was quite revealing to see a considerable number being present in SF schools like Ft. Bragg and others.

They look rough and tough; but their performance has not been that outstanding as you would expect from an 'Elite' unit.

Ofcourse they've had successes (they are expected to carry out the more dangerous missions which is why they are 'elite') but it is the failures that troubles me.

During previous wars with India, quite a few missions failed and I just hope they've learned from their mistakes.

Cheers.

Can you tell me more about the SSG's greatest success as well as their greatest failure ? One incident each

I think all SF's in the world need a few failures to learn their lessons and become invincible.

i was just looking at the pics....if you compare the soldiers with beards and those without beards, dont u think that the soldiers with beards look more deadly and fierce? they look like lions...

i was just looking at the pics....if you compare the soldiers with beards and those without beards, dont u think that the soldiers with beards look more deadly and fierce? they look like lions...
If I see what they look like, they're already dead and beards are the mark of indiscipline. People are damned lazy to have a proper NBC mask fit.

Back
Top Bottom