What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

In an advisory role...they weren't allowed to enter Makkah AFAIK.
They were initially on the outskirts with the top brass and governor/prince of Makkah. Arrangement was later made for them to embrace Islam on papers.
Actually, they led the attack in clearing the actual masjid, after they were declared "Muslim" by reciting the kalima.

The actual clearance operation was planned and executed by the French, Sir.
I had a complete report but lost it with rest of the files.

Story goes this way, there was Shia-sunni lows at the moment and some tribes were not given their equal treatment and were boycotted due to some clashes. During the highs of the clashes, one dusk they attacked the Masjid entering the Masjid at time of Fajr (during/right after Azan) and killed the Mua'zin, taking control over the Masjid by setting up machine gun positions and sending snipers on the Mina'rat. The immediate reaction from Saudis forces came soon and they were slaughters by the snipers. Some people inside were initially killed but soon allowed to leave after negotiating with Government on the speakers.

The Saudi special forces planned to invade into the Masjid from the open area near Kabah, and they sent in helicopters dropping the commandos who were all killed too. After this, the French and SSG were called in. French couldn't enter initially and meanwhile the SSG commander (was a Col whose name was in the report too) was at scene with his men. The operation's incharge was also a royal prince from Saudi Armed Forces. SSG commander proposed flooding the Masjid and electrocuting the militants which was denied since there were some hostages and would result in open massacre in Islam's holiest site.

The commandos (I think SSG and French together with Saudi backup) broke in through King Fahad gate (one of largest gates, situated near Safa) and engaged fiercely forcing the militants to run into the underground dungeons. The forces tried everything to get them out, but they were resistant. Meanwhile the Masjid was cleared and explosives were used at the point of break-in. The SSG commander's proposals were them used, the dungeons were fired initially with tear gasses then poisonous gasses to no avail. The dungeons were, in the end, flooded with water then electrocuted. Most of the militants were killed and some survived.

The opposition was led by this person, this picture is after the electrocution:

8.jpg

Other survivors:

officers_juhayman_al-otaibi-1.jpg

Picture from the explosions at King Fahad gate:

makkahattacktl1.jpg

CIA was also involved in the operation.

The real story of the whole operation is so savage and bloody that details were suppressed to avoid the political fallout, and that remains true to this day. Only properly sanitized versions are allowed to be referenced.

k7.jpg

When you have scenes like this, you know something savage occurred!!!

I saw a picture of the fans being partially melted because of the extreme heat.

But you have give credit to the Saudis, they made an example of these guys. They gave them a brutal death so no one would dare do it again. They established the state's supremacy. Meanwhile in Pakistan, you all know what happened and what is happening in Lal Masjid case, we are still blaming Musharraf for doing it, still regarding those Mullah brothers are Shaheeds and Ghazis, that guy is running free still, can you believe that???

Anyways, this would take the thread off topic.

k7.jpg

When you have scenes like this, you know something savage occurred!!!

I saw a picture of the fans being partially melted because of the extreme heat.

But you have give credit to the Saudis, they made an example of these guys. They gave them a brutal death so no one would dare do it again. They established the state's supremacy. Meanwhile in Pakistan, you all know what happened and what is happening in Lal Masjid case, we are still blaming Musharraf for doing it, still regarding those Mullah brothers are Shaheeds and Ghazis, that guy is running free still, can you believe that???

Anyways, this would take the thread off topic.

by just looking at the equipment/gear of the terrorists in the above pic one can clearly make out who financed/trained and provided the equipment to these people

Any update on the training that SSG is getting @ Tarbela ?

I heard the Americans were improving the SSG's sniper skills ?

They look saudi special forces to me

Saudis don't use these rifles. These are from PA. Contrast of picture is such that their uniforms are looking lighter colored. Look at the uniform of left most soldier. Its definitely from Pak Army.

Are they really PA? Look at soldier dresses, PA have dark camo not the light camo

Sir look at badges on the shoulers of the sorldiers, you will notice pakistani flag, in particularly on the shoulders of guys on the left side.

last when i was tarbela, their i saw a french, german and american trainers. all were their to train our boys in the use to sniper weapons.
in the words of a SSG major " they all give us equipment in aid and that in tails trainers, they all think that they know best. so we act dumb and listen to them all. But when the time comes we do what we think is right and in our best interest and not what we are being told. as in this war we have more operational experience than any of them.

and no one can improve any thing for you, as no one will do it for u. what it takes is practice and shear hard work. the more u practice the better u get.

hope that ans it.

Back
Top Bottom