What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

We have seen SSG wearing T-shirts with no vest or no helmets in Operations, we have seen them with black vest in broad day light, plus vest is not as small as boots which could be hard to see from distance. The color of the uniformed doesn't match with their gear or vest, no SF in the world does that, at least no top SF.
TBH, yeh sab "nakhray" hain.

Or as they say, first world problems. No black t-shirt or load bearing vest has ever caused an SF operation to fail.

The black LBV in combat conditions can be adapted by simply smearing some mud on it. To this day, we use this method to conceal formation insignias from our vehicles etc.

This is not to say that new equipment should not be provided to our special forces and infantry but it is not a huge issue either.

Last edited:
Major General (R) Ameer Faisal Alavi was the first General Officer Commanding of the elite Special Service Group (SSG) of Pakistan Army. He renounced his British nationality to join Pakistan Army. He was also the first Pakistan Army officer, who captained the Armed Forces Skydiving Team (AFST) as a General Officer on 23 March, 2005.

alvi.jpg

I agree but there are bound to be outliers in any outfit with SOF being no exception. I know SSG dudes some of which are towering giants and absolute beasts but then again I’ve seen guys in the group from Chitral/ Gilgit who look frail and stand around 5ft 5 inches (which makes them all the more badass). Physique/ build doesn’t matter as long as they are capable of operating at the highest levels. I agree Caucasian/ Black genetics coupled with PEDs and SOF training regimen does produce absolute beasts in Western SOF.

Height and weight is largely irrelevant. We had guys in our platoon that were 5'5, as you mentioned who outran, out-lifted and out maneuvered the top cohort (some of whom were ranked wrestlers and fighters).

These same guys were shortlisted for the specialized units while the big behemoths were largely relegated to mundane duties. Height and weight may seem impressive but a lot of times, the seemingly harmless guys are the ones that stand out the most. Our platoon's best athletes/performers were all guys on the shorter scale, 5'8 and below with incredible cardiovascular capabilities coupled with remarkable agility and toughness.

~$18K on total kit is what the US spends on this stuff and other. We'd be lucky if we could even spend $5000 on our special forces troops.

5K is a decent budget, to be sure, given the much greater value options available to Pakistan compared to USA.

5K is a decent budget, to be sure, given the much greater value options available to Pakistan compared to USA.
We probably spend close to $1500 per soldier on equipment. Night and day difference even with my $5K per capita.

~$18K on total kit is what the US spends on this stuff and other. We'd be lucky if we could even spend $5000 on our special forces troops.
Crye JPC 2.0 Plate Carrier 250 $
1500 $ Armour Plates
150$ belt setup
300-600$ Good Optics and Accessories

If they could boost the budget to 2500$ and use it properly we might see decent kit.

Pakistani and Turkish Naval Special Forces took part in a weeklong joint exercise, Sitara-e-Hilal 2022, at the Naval Special Operations Training Centre (NSOTC), Karachi.

FlEMzWlXEAIHa38

FlELrxcWQAA2INI

FlELrxcWQAA2INI

This 1 Pic is enough to show what's wrong with SSG, and why they perform poor. Look at SSG's helmet, looks like used 80's era Soviet Helmet, and vest has no coverage on the sides, and than look at the Turkish SF personnel and his gear set.

FlELrxcWQAA2INI

This 1 Pic is enough to show what's wrong with SSG, and why they perform poor. Look at SSG's helmet, looks like used 80's era Soviet Helmet, and vest has no coverage on the sides, and than look at the Turkish SF personnel and his gear set.

SSG likes to operate light.

Back
Top Bottom