What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

SSGN

1659922923747.png

SSG
ھم موت سے عشق کرنے والے عاشق ہيں
ھم سے کبھی زندگی کا سودا مت کرنا.

1659962179763.png

I have noticed that the average SSG operator is leaner and quite smaller compared to the average US/UK SOF operator. Is it a consequence of SSG placing a premium on running? Also, amongst the UK SOF I have met, a small but not insignificant number of operators are using steroids and other PEDs to gain mass/strength. Is this also the case amongst SSG? I have seen that the enlisted members stay for about 17–20 years, and this physical beating does take a toll on the body. Do the SSG also have Human Performance Optimization or THOR3 equivalents?

I have noticed that the average SSG operator is leaner and quite smaller compared to the average US/UK SOF operator. Is it a consequence of SSG placing a premium on running? Also, amongst the UK SOF I have met, a small but not insignificant number of operators are using steroids and other PEDs to gain mass/strength. Is this also the case amongst SSG? I have seen that the enlisted members stay for about 17–20 years, and this physical beating does take a toll on the body. Do the SSG also have Human Performance Optimization or THOR3 equivalents?
There was a time when SAS, Delta Force, Green Berets all Special Operations Members were small and Lean like current SF units of Pakistan and India, but as time went on the western SF put a higher emphasis on being able to carry more ammunition and equipment, as manuever warfare was given a lower priority since western SF always operate with some kind of support assets such as Air or artillery support. However, Pakistani SF are still following the doctrine of being an independent fighting force, how the Green Berets USED to be. Keep in mind SSG were initially trained by US Green Berets. It is impossible to say which doctrine is more effective, it just depends.

There was a time when SAS, Delta Force, Green Berets all Special Operations Members were small and Lean like current SF units of Pakistan and India, but as time went on the western SF put a higher emphasis on being able to carry more ammunition and equipment, as manuever warfare was given a lower priority since western SF always operate with some kind of support assets such as Air or artillery support. However, Pakistani SF are still following the doctrine of being an independent fighting force, how the Green Berets USED to be. Keep in mind SSG were initially trained by US Green Berets. It is impossible to say which doctrine is more effective, it just depends.
General Mitha, the father of Pakistan special forces used to say “be proud of your poverty”

Most soldiers, especially at the highest levels, are lean and not like how they are portrayed in Hollywood. Anyone looking like Arnold from Predator or Stallone from Rambo (although a very few do exist irl) is going to have a hard time meeting the stringent cardiovascular requirements of being in any SOF outfit. Bottom line is Hollywood puts up a certain image of SOF dudes that most people believe is true but that is far from reality just as with anything else on Hollywood.

Most soldiers, especially at the highest levels, are lean and not like how they are portrayed in Hollywood. Anyone looking like Arnold from Predator or Stallone from Rambo (although a very few do exist irl) is going to have a hard time meeting the stringent cardiovascular requirements of being in any SOF outfit. Bottom line is Hollywood puts up a certain image of SOF dudes that most people believe is true but that is far from reality just as with anything else on Hollywood.
It depends, really. The UK SOF I have seen had a mix of big guys and small guys, but the Green Berets and Rangers were absolute physical beasts. They would carry each other and sprint multiple times. It was extremely impressive, but I am sure a significant portion were on steroids or other PEDs.

It depends, really. The UK SOF I have seen had a mix of big guys and small guys, but the Green Berets and Rangers were absolute physical beasts. They would carry each other and sprint multiple times. It was extremely impressive, but I am sure a significant portion were on steroids or other PEDs.
I agree but there are bound to be outliers in any outfit with SOF being no exception. I know SSG dudes some of which are towering giants and absolute beasts but then again I’ve seen guys in the group from Chitral/ Gilgit who look frail and stand around 5ft 5 inches (which makes them all the more badass). Physique/ build doesn’t matter as long as they are capable of operating at the highest levels. I agree Caucasian/ Black genetics coupled with PEDs and SOF training regimen does produce absolute beasts in Western SOF.

I agree but there are bound to be outliers in any outfit with SOF being no exception. I know SSG dudes some of which are towering giants and absolute beasts but then again I’ve seen guys in the group from Chitral/ Gilgit who look frail and stand around 5ft 5 inches (which makes them all the more badass). Physique/ build doesn’t matter as long as they are capable of operating at the highest levels. I agree Caucasian/ Black genetics coupled with PEDs and SOF training regimen does produce absolute beasts in Western SOF.
Physique needs maintenance too it's not just ill get jacked and it will be fine and dandy it needs all the processes to hold on to the gains which require commitment and money for a superpower like America it makes sense.

Pakistani soldiers are required to be physically and mentally fit, fitness does not correlate to being jacked its a process of being sufficient enough to carry out gruelling tasks.

Whats the point of being jacked when you can't run 10 miles without huffing and puffing.

Back
Top Bottom