What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

These men deserve the cutting edge technology to do their job, not even state of the art. Equipment is not just for optics, they offer solid tactical advantages and protection.
Without doubt yet they still accomplish the most challenging of missions, Kudos to these brave men, they truly exemplify the motto, "Men at their best" and the only conceivable scenario where I can see these folks being issued with cutting edge gear is if the good Hazrat @Zarvan is given the portfolio of Minster of defence.Kudos Horus bhai

you clearly have no idea whats happening in today's war do you? they are no longer fighting a rag tag force, be it Houthis, ISIS or Taliban, they have adopted the Guerrilla tactics along with latest gadgetry and ar fighting the enemy.....
Better equipment allowed US Special Ops / Tier 1 Operators / Knob Turners to intercept the Communications between enemy units & extract the Raw intel.....better equipment allowed US forces to carryout high risk Intel Ops where rapid infiltration & fast extraction was required, they would go in butcher the enemy and walkout with no casualty .......

Strategy & Equipment go hand in hand, you have one piece missing and it all falls out. We have Strategy, but we don't have the equipment hence we are struggling. We are loosing our young soldiers .... US has better equipment but no Strategy and they are suffering on the larger front due to this......
Then why the American and Saudis are loosing?

Read the last para of my post.....
They are winning the Tactical War....but loosing it at the Strategic Level....two ae very different things
I hope in the really near future the SOF start using mini drones which are now even commercially available , of course military specific one are more resistant to jamming etc and would provide great tactical recce capability ,
Further more out SOF really do need something akin to the gustav, and a javelin eq
Right now our SF is only geared to fight Isrugents ,sophisticated insurgents ,
However an enemy force from another nation would have much heavier weapons , almost certain air superiority and a larger heli force,
We need effective countermeasures

Then why the American and Saudis are loosing?
The loss in vietnam was due to the support of the soviet union to the vietcong, the loss in Afghanistan is due to the support of Pakistani intel to the Taliban, u do knw that the Taliban govt in Kabul fell just 2 mnths after opp enduring freedom started, how's that for equipment superiority?.
The brain of the Taliban lies somewhere else hence the constant US pressure on Pakistan to let go in Afghanistan. If Pakistan backs off the Talis will be disintegrated in a matter of months.
Modern equipment opens up huge new venues of tactical manoeuvres, nothing can supplement it.
Dont mention Saudis in a serious discussion, they are just children with expensive toys.
At the end of the day a machine is only as good as its operator.
The fact of the matter is, currently no army can beat the yanks in a direct full blown conventional war. Guriella war is a different beast.

Read the last para of my post.....
They are winning the Tactical War....but loosing it at the Strategic Level....two ae very different things
My foot! what tactical victory. Give me an example where they are winning. Go to YouTube and google those Afghan war documentaries where the maker is embedded with the troop and you will see poorly the Americans with all their gadgets are operating. What yoy are saying about Afghanistan is the same what they said about Vietnam. You loose strategically when you loose tactically. Rest is all spin
I hope in the really near future the SOF start using mini drones which are now even commercially available , of course military specific one are more resistant to jamming etc and would provide great tactical recce capability ,
Further more out SOF really do need something akin to the gustav, and a javelin eq
Right now our SF is only geared to fight Isrugents ,sophisticated insurgents ,
However an enemy force from another nation would have much heavier weapons , almost certain air superiority and a larger heli force,
We need effective countermeasures
Totally wrong on all counts. They are using mini drone and they have man portable ATGMs and they have had them for many years.

If we go back 10 years TSK maroon berets and SSG might not look so different. But now look at the Maroon Berets in Syria compared to SSG here at home - there is a gap.

Your problem and nobody cares. They are not on a fashion parade.
Problem for those getting killed. The lack of even mediocre equipment/accessories has gotten and will continue to get trained and valuable SF operatives killed while you mumble on about utter garbage. Pak has had an inordinate amount of its SF operatives getting killed recently against militants. Better start caring.

DqRYzXDW4AAwE6_.jpg

CTOE.jpg
NATO SOF operators all look very similair (use the same gear), this is Portuguese FOE

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom