What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
SSW gets what they want to they don't depend on Army if they wanted this they would be using this I am more than sure

I think they operate p90 too(not sure about it) this might be the reason for both guns can use same ammo.btw 5 7 has very good ammo capacity
Some Buddy told me that fn 57 can penetrate bulletproof jacket. i don't know about the specs of the jacket but i heard allot from Paf persons about this fn 57.

Last edited:
Some Buddy told me that fn 57 can penetrate bulletproof jacket. i don't about the full specs about the jacket but i heard allot from Paf persons about this fn 57.
From what I have heard civilian blue tip bullets can't even penetrate wooden walls of American houses and are designed that way.but the army issued red tip can pierce bulletproof vest with little to no difficulty.

Some Buddy told me that fn 57 can penetrate bulletproof jacket. i don't about the full specs about the jacket but i heard allot from Paf persons about this fn 57.

depends on the "bulletproof" armor protection level. the best bullet for penetration is the ruskie 5.45x39. it's shape and velocity tends to slice thru objects better AND create ghastlier wounds once it hits soft tissue. fatter bullets (762x39 and the 762x51) create more friction as they go through an object and not tend to go through, but have greater "knock down" capability.

I dont think FN would sell you ammo for 5.7. I spoke with some of your special forces year or two ago. And I remember they were coplaining about this. They had P 90 in the inventory but FN refused to sell ammo to Pakistan. Maybe they have changed their policy now but anyway how you can trust FN with ToT if they refuse to sell ammo to already purchased weapons? Do you guys prefer striker fire or SA/DA pistols?

there is an article in wall street journal about German arms industry might be a case of Germany relaxing arms export.may be we can wait a bit longer and ask the Germans if they want to participate in our Gun trials .
i cant read the full article as you have to sign up .

Five Seven was specifically designed to penetrate body armor.

I think its a rich man's luxury. 9mm round will kill just as well for a 10th of the price.

That is not true. P90 is only in service with SSW and they never had an issue with ammo!

I dont think FN would sell you ammo for 5.7. I spoke with some of your special forces year or two ago. And I remember they were coplaining about this. They had P 90 in the inventory but FN refused to sell ammo to Pakistan. Maybe they have changed their policy now but anyway how you can trust FN with ToT if they refuse to sell ammo to already purchased weapons? Do you guys prefer striker fire or SA/DA pistols?

Well all are waiting for final announcement hope @Horus comes up with the news soon and by the where is our member @balixd
Hmmm means business as usual!!

Balixd i guess got fed up with what we are doing last over 4000 posts now and keft the thread. Not too active on the forumn these days either. Hope he joins us back soon. :)

Five Seven was specifically designed to penetrate body armor.

That is not true. P90 is only in service with SSW and they never had an issue with ammo!
We dont make that ammo at POF right?

Back
Top Bottom