What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
a77QLb2_700b.jpg

Screw SCAR, pick EBR!!!

No, I'm being serious. The M14 in the photo is beautiful:smitten: and its modern versions are a beast that the US military has been using in Afghanistan as their 5.56 rifles lack power and range in the Afghan theater.

m14_ebr-other.jpg

M14EBR-RI-AFG.jpg

Defense.gov_News_Photo_100612-A-1619C-223_-_U.S._Army_Spc._Michael_Rockwell_a_combat_infantryman_with_1st_Platoon_Delta_Company_1st_Battalion_4th_Infantry_Regiment_U.S._Army_Europe.jpg

It's also got a marksman variant, the M39
M39_Enhanced_Marksman_Rifle_(1).JPG

The problem with the EBR is that it's as heavy as the SCAR Mod 20:o:

A_coalition_Special_Operations_Forces_member_fires_his_sniper_rifle_from_a_hilltop_during_a_firefight_near_Nawa_Garay_village_(120403-N-MY805-202).jpg

As far as the actual competition to replace the G3 goes, I'm pulling for none of the weapons. I feel there's better choices out there.

Screw SCAR, pick EBR!!!

No, I'm being serious. The M14 in the photo is beautiful:smitten: and its modern versions are a beast that the US military has been using in Afghanistan as their 5.56 rifles lack power and range in the Afghan theater.

m14_ebr-other.jpg

M14EBR-RI-AFG.jpg

Defense.gov_News_Photo_100612-A-1619C-223_-_U.S._Army_Spc._Michael_Rockwell_a_combat_infantryman_with_1st_Platoon_Delta_Company_1st_Battalion_4th_Infantry_Regiment_U.S._Army_Europe.jpg

A_coalition_Special_Operations_Forces_member_fires_his_sniper_rifle_from_a_hilltop_during_a_firefight_near_Nawa_Garay_village_(120403-N-MY805-202).jpg

As far as the actual competition to replace the G3 goes, I'm pulling for none of the weapons. I feel there's better choices out there.
None of the rifles being tested are 5.56.. All of em are 7.62.. not sure which better options you have in mind..

Screw SCAR, pick EBR!!!

m14_ebr-other.jpg

M14EBR-RI-AFG.jpg

Does this gun works in all weathers ? From plain hot desert areas to High altitude extremely low temperatures ? Like One ring to rule all

Does this gun works in all weathers?

Most modern ones do, or can be acclimatized like the HK416N:

20090224_th288.jpg

But yes, the M14 EBR has seen action in a wide variety of climates and was used by US forces in both Iraq and Afghanistan:

Including by the 10th Mountain Division, who's responsibility is, as their name suggests, mountain warfare.

33928c41.jpg

t9inop.jpg

sageebr.jpg

gw-1304-M14.jpg

It works where ever the US military needs it to.

If we Buying Helis from Italy then my two cents it would be Italian Rifle expect a big deal here with italy .
No helicopters deal is not connected with Gun. We would select the Gun which passes our tests. But I can see Frigates and Air Defence systems coming from Italy.

Back
Top Bottom