What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
ad067202f83b4b1483f05bf382c22c1e.jpg

Lol

Who mount's a thermal sight on a Chinese
aftermarket dust cover rail that doesn't even hold zero?
Even if it does hold zero which I doubt it does considering you have to remove the dust cover to clean the rifle
AK can hardly manage a 2MOA group at 100 meters

We need serious people that know a thing or two about small arms to be incharge of acquisitions in the army
Piss poor Job tbh

Lol

Even if it does hold zero which I doubt it does considering you have to remove the dust cover to clean the rifle

We need serious people that know a thing or two about small arms to be incharge of acquisitions in the army
Piss poor Job tbh
Ok, think through the situation on hand. There are hundreds of thousands of these rifles in service in quite a few hotspots i.e. Balochistan and FATA etc. The terrorists move at night time so thermal imaging is needed to keep an eye. Given the high cost of such scopes, only a few get this at the section level (not every Jawan gets one). As such even if the rifle cannot hold zero with the sight on, getting shots in the vicinity of the terrorists puts them on notice and has a deterrence value which saves lives. I don't care who it is, if they are moving at night time and getting rounds impacting in the direction of where they are coming from, they are pausing. Thus the sight has efficacy even if limited (removing, re-zeroing etc. are all valid but there are bigger problems at hand than these issues.)

Also, I can guarantee the ones working on these enhancements are quite knowledgable about the topic on hand but are having to work around multiple constraints. Most foreign small arms manufacturers who have been to Pakistan to field their wares have come away realizing that Pakistani army does a pretty in-depth and detailed analysis and knows what it wants (but perhaps is not willing to pay the price for what it wants.).

The answer to your post would be to replace the significant inventory of small arms in use to give the troops a more stable platform for thermal sites. In the short term at least that is not an option. So "juggad" is the solution till then.

Lol

Piss poor Job tbh

That is possibly a Dragunov sniper rifle.

Lol

Piss poor Job tbh
Alot better than not being able to see your enemy at night, while he, on the other hand is equipped with the latest NVGs. Atleast you know where the fire is coming from and you can provide suppressing fire. Morale booster is another factor.

Why not give POF or GIDS a tender for locally modifying the type 56 by army requirements. This will help improve proficiency and R&D for future army gun projects.

Like India's Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) did to their Bulgarian ak types.

images.jpeg
images.jpeg

I mean right now the best bet would be the Turkish option of MPT 76 with a tot or going along with POF developments which will take quite some time due to rifle tests.

But seriously the Turks are killing the small arms industry I hope we examine their products, especially their lightweight machine guns and rifles. Top-Notch stuff.

7.62mm Battle rifle.
images.jpeg

DMR
images.jpeg

5.56mm Machine gun
images.jpeg

I mean right now the best bet would be the Turkish option of MPT 76 with a tot or going along with POF developments which will take quite some time due to rifle tests.

But seriously the Turks are killing the small arms industry I hope we examine their products, especially their lightweight machine guns and rifles. Top-Notch stuff.

7.62mm Battle rifle.
View attachment 826123

DMR
View attachment 826121

5.56mm Machine gun
View attachment 826122
These Turkish rifles were trialed too. Don't think they made the cut (could have been rejected on quality, high pricing, no local manufacturing etc. etc.)

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom