What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Strictly speaking, both are 7.62....which shows our emphasis on a heavy bullet able to inflict massive damage...

one of my SSG mates, he lost an eye due to 5.56...he had M4.....a firefight had just ended, all the enemy dead were hit by SSG's M4.....suddenly one of the guys (despite getting about 4 shots in his torso), in his dying throes, managed to let loose a shot towards my mate who detected him at the same time.....both fired at the same time, my mate lost his eye, the other lost his life finally.....

7.62 has advantages, it packs a massive punch......good for strong defence.

Shukriya, i always feel honored. Knowledge is best used if it is spread.
Screenshot_20200607-113547_Twitter.jpg

Indians are really enjoying it

You are right. But then G3 has also improved from its initial design. That why all these weapons are still in use today.

Wasn't the G-3 a direct improvement on the STG-45 roller-delayed blowback desgin. H&K later on made further development on it.
Its a bit disappointing that small arms development isn't being taken seriously. There are plenty of people in Pakistan who could make wonderful designs depends on the gov and army to start the initiative.
You could easily develop a short-stroke piston rifle, copy and modify for Pakistan's need

View attachment 639172
Indians are really enjoying it
Pakistan should scrap the buying of SCAR and BREN. Indigenous is the correct approach But we must look at the development in US army going for a new calibre which means NATO will without doubt go for a new calibre as well.

That menas instead of having 2 different 7.62 calibres it would be wise to go for a 6mm solution killing 2 birds with one stone.

The Army is working to switch from the 5.56 mm ammo to the 6.8 mm next generation squad weapon. This is a future weapons program that includes the MG 6.8mm which we've acquired some new animations to. They plan to pick a winner of the bid and finish the switch by 2023. Sig Sauer, Textron and General Dynamics are all still in the running.

Pakistan should scrap the buying of SCAR and BREN. Indigenous is the correct approach But we must look at the development in US army going for a new calibre which means NATO will without doubt go for a new calibre as well.

That menas instead of having 2 different 7.62 calibres it would be wise to go for a 6mm solution killing 2 birds with one stone.

How about they buy SCAR and BREN series with TOT and design one AR style rifle series with help of Turkey and produce it.

How about they buy SCAR and BREN series with TOT and design one AR style rifle series with help of Turkey and produce it.
we keep going in circles Hazrat, 2 rifles for 2 calibres (SCAR/BREN). but one calibre to replace 2 calibres and one rifle instead of 2 rifles.

do you see the economics of it all. you are proposing 3 rifles!!! unnecessarily.

we keep going in circles Hazrat, 2 rifles for 2 calibres (SCAR/BREN). but one calibre to replace 2 calibres and one rifle instead of 2 rifles.

do you see the economics of it all. you are proposing 3 rifles!!! unnecessarily.

How about we pay CZ to design a custom 6.8 mm rifle (BREN 6.8?), and transfer all of its design, IP, etc to POF?

upload_2020-6-7_13-14-36.jpeg

You literally need to hire/poach couple of designers from there about and the task can be accomplished within a year for much less.
Yep, but I think CZ will do it if contracted to do so. The hang-up with their original BREN offer was that they didn't want POF to sell the rifles to third-parties. But if we foot the bill for a design that doesn't directly compete with any of their offerings (i.e., a 6.8 mm rifle), then there's no issue I think. CZ gets money, and some expertise on 6.8 mm rifles along the way (plus other knowledge, such as how to deal with our climate/conditions, etc).

POF can assemble the rifles, but subcontract all of the parts manufacturing work to local private sector companies (polymer, grip, rail, etc). I'm sure Sialkot will jump at the task.

Yep, but I think CZ will do it if contracted to do so. The hang-up with their original BREN offer was that they didn't want POF to sell the rifles to third-parties. But if we foot the bill for a design that doesn't directly compete with any of their offerings (i.e., a 6.8 mm rifle), then there's no issue I think. CZ gets money, and some expertise on 6.8 mm rifles along the way (plus other knowledge, such as how to deal with our climate/conditions, etc).

On our end, POF can assemble the rifles, but subcontract all of the manufacturing work to local private sector companies (polymer, grip, rail, etc). We can slowly trim POF's overhead, but also give the private a jolt.

Either way I think we need to wait and see which ammunition version is selected to make the call.

We also have Police plus we can export. Also producing two Rifle series will give you experience and latest technology and than you need to use brain and produce AR style rifles with help of Turkey. Also handguns

We also have Police plus we can export. Also producing two Rifle series will give you experience and latest technology and than you need to use brain and produce AR style rifles with help of Turkey. Also handguns
why cant police use the same rifle as military? there is a reason why globally rifles for both military and law enforcement is one category! civilian version is something that stands away from those used by both military and law enforcement!

Hazrat for 4 years we have tried our uttmost and level best but you just cant let go of something that we must obtain 3 or 4 different rifles when we need only one. even if we were economically stable the materials and manufacturing cost to make more than one rifle would be absolute economic suicide!

And sell POF in the process. Cuz they will be made totally redundant. They already kinda are. But atleast they make an effort unlike HIT

why cant police use the same rifle as military? there is a reason why globally rifles for both military and law enforcement is one category! civilian version is something that stands away from those used by both military and law enforcement!

Hazrat for 4 years we have tried our uttmost and level best but you just cant let go of something that we must obtain 3 or 4 different rifles when we need only one. even if we were economically stable the materials and manufacturing cost to make more than one rifle would be absolute economic suicide!
IMHO police should only use pistol caliber SMGs or pdws. Rifles should be reserved for SWAT or tactical teams.

POF can assemble the rifles, but subcontract all of the parts manufacturing work to local private sector companies (polymer, grip, rail, etc). I'm sure Sialkot will jump at the task.
How long would that take hypothetically speaking this does become a reality which I sincerely hope it does. 6.8 is the golden calibre IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom