What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
an insightful video that highlights tradeoffs in rifle construction. 80-20 solution. casting vs milled vs stamped. simplified designs.

Thats seems interesting, would love to see pictures if you have any

IMAG1754.jpg
InkedIMAG1737_LI.jpg

It was originally a Type 56 SMG which normally has a folded bayonet. I removed the bayonet as well, but the lug remains.
nice rifle...i always found these to be very heavy, idk how troops use them in field day in day out...I was looking for this Gas tube with Rail to have sleak design & slim profile while keeping the weight on low but couldn't find in local market. Something POF should look into IF they are not looking in the option of Rail type Dust cover .
KnkOOiL.jpg

few snaps from one of my range days not too long ago or may be lonnnnggg ago...heaviest one was with ACOG & torch

Last edited:
nice rifle...i always found these to be very heavy, idk how troops use them in field day in day out...I was looking for this Gas tube with Rail to have sleak design & slim profile while keeping the weight on low but couldn't find in local market. Something POF should look into IF they are not looking in the option of Rail type Dust cover .
KnkOOiL.jpg

few snaps from one of my range days not too long ago or may be lonnnnggg ago...heaviest one was with ACOG & torch

View attachment 635732 View attachment 635733 View attachment 635734 View attachment 635735

They are heavy, but their metallurgy is awesome....you keep firing all day, no hiccups, no effect on accuracy due t prolonged firing.....

But Type 56-II really sucks....starts to give away after couple of mags.

They are heavy, but their metallurgy is awesome....you keep firing all day, no hiccups, no effect on accuracy due t prolonged firing.....

But Type 56-II really sucks....starts to give away after couple of mags.
I was informed that these Type 56-ii were coming to field after some work being done on them at POF?

I was informed that these Type 56-ii were coming to field after some work being done on them at POF?

Bhai jitna bhi ker lein, once should not expect them to change the barrels of ALL of them...so it will remain the same....

No problem with the weapon, but somehow we Pakistani always try to save money everywhere, at the cost of quality.

Bhai jitna bhi ker lein, once should not expect them to change the barrels of ALL of them...so it will remain the same....

No problem with the weapon, but somehow we Pakistani always try to save money everywhere, at the cost of quality.
the thing i never understand is why dont we have our own AK varient
it is being produced in the whole world
and we r quite honestly experts in ak stuff.
we can use g3 metallurgy
wht u think

the thing i never understand is why dont we have our own AK varient
it is being produced in the whole world
and we r quite honestly experts in ak stuff.
we can use g3 metallurgy
wht u think

Because POF is a shitty organization and cannot do anything without gora handholding. Sad but true. That these dinosaurs continue to get employed with a lifetime of a comfortable salary and benefits is a shame and misuse of tax money.

Most of Pak defense organizations are marginally better. What is needed is to get them reorganized, fire people left and right and set up a merit based organization to run them. Allow private partners a bigger hand. Efficiency over nepotism.

This has to stop if Pakistan is to survive in the long term against India. This really cannot go on like this anymore.

Because POF is a shitty organization and cannot do anything without gora handholding. Sad but true. That these dinosaurs continue to get employed with a lifetime of a comfortable salary and benefits is a shame and misuse of tax money.

Most of Pak defense organizations are marginally better. What is needed is to get them reorganized, fire people left and right and set up a merit based organization to run them. Allow private partners a bigger hand. Efficiency over nepotism.

This has to stop if Pakistan is to survive in the long term against India. This really cannot go on like this anymore.
i must say those dara guys have much more balls and people worldwide appreciate there work

i must say those dara guys have much more balls and people worldwide appreciate there work

Just need to set up quality steel supply and heat treatment. When you combine that you get something like the Daudsons. back in 2003 I used to study under / work for Late Dr. Zafar Altaf the former Secretary of Agriculture, and he used to tell me that Pak can be competitive in the international arms market if the traditional arms manufacturers are supported with some technical expertise.

Instead of that, we have dumbos eating tax payer money at POF making a mockery of Pakistan's strategic needs.

Just need to set up quality steel supply and heat treatment. When you combine that you get something like the Daudsons. back in 2003 I used to study under / work for Late Dr. Zafar Altaf the former Secretary of Agriculture, and he used to tell me that Pak can be competitive in the international arms market if the traditional arms manufacturers are supported with some technical expertise.

Instead of that, we have dumbos eating tax payer money at POF making a mockery of Pakistan's strategic needs.
You keep on mentioning daudson as if they are a leader in local gun manufacturing
These guys make shitty firearms that are hardly at par with international standards & quality
Moonstar & royal arms make better guns
However I do agree
We need to bring local manufacturers into R&D give them considerable subsidy to come up with rifle that can be adopted in numbers
I'm sure they'll get you a reliably cycling gun if the right tooling & material is provided to them

You keep on mentioning daudson as if they are a leader in local gun manufacturing
These guys make shitty firearms that are hardly at par with international standards & quality
Moonstar & royal arms make better guns
However I do agree
We need to bring local manufacturers into R&D give them considerable subsidy to come up with rifle that can be adopted in numbers
I'm sure they'll get you a reliably cycling gun if the right tooling & material is provided to them

Let them compete. But at least get the process started. I'm sure you know better who is what than me. I just saw their Pak-40
and thought it was developed in a manner that showed a process-oriented approach. But again, I'm sure you have a better grounding on the realities.

How are their fire arms shitty by the way? Asking to know out of curiousity not ill will.

Back
Top Bottom