What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
AKs are very robust and easy to operate and maintain, I think personally AK-103 should be the replacement as it's also cheaper

That would have taken even more time than this I don't what is going on but latest news is few handguns are also arriving for trials
Its not latest dear and neither it is huge!
Handguns have been under consideration for over a year and you talking about it like a parrot is nothing new either!
BTW, handgun thing wont be "for whole army" thing. You might check this with FIS department!

So at the risk of being told to go back through the entire 373 page thread, can someone just give 2 paragraph update on what the current status is. Last I had read the Bren was selected and CZ had signed some MoU with POF, not sure what happened after that.

So at the risk of being told to go back through the entire 373 page thread, can someone just give 2 paragraph update on what the current status is. Last I had read the Bren was selected and CZ had signed some MoU with POF, not sure what happened after that.

Other than minstrels singing lore about the FN SCAR. A rifle made for US SOCOM doomed is still strong on the thread.

Nothing has happened as I predicted long ago except for perhaps in the imagination of one or two dudes here. This rifle replacement chapter for the time being is now closed.

Its not latest dear and neither it is huge!
Handguns have been under consideration for over a year and you talking about it like a parrot is nothing new either!
BTW, handgun thing wont be "for whole army" thing. You might check this with FIS department!
i honestly don'y understand the military leadership, either they are dumb when it comes to procurement, or they just don't want to do it, or perhaps they didn't get the kick backs as they intended.......they have gone through these handgun trails about gazillion times now (actually twice) .....they had the best of the best hand guns taking part in the trails, yet they did not even pick any.....they did the trails in 2010, 2012.....and now back again?
in 2011 they checked Grand power k100, and what a gun it is....they had berretas and few others to test....nothing was selected....then they shut that down.....in 2012 they started again.....by 2013 Daudsons joined the party with local build weapon......that went cold and without anything concrete few numbers of Sarsilmaz b6 were procured for LCB, & ISI personnel ...... then somehow, ISI started issuing S & W M&P 9 to their officers......these folks need to make up their mind......PoF got dumb and went ahead to make Beretta 92fs ---they got that made from Badar & Brothers Peshawar - an arms manufacturer in Peshawar----

they need to have a clear strategy ----think it through, don;t waste funds .....

P.S: this was my come back rant...!!!!!
and finally my 5.56 license came through.....looking to buy the gun now, confused whether to go for AK or AR platform....it is this - this one needs to be ordered - get all original parts and have them modified for a 5.56 round rather than 5.45 / .222
alpha_clone2.jpg

vs
this is the one that i have already seen.....
WhatsApp Image 2018-03-13 at 21.08.22.jpeg

Last edited:
i honestly don'y understand the military leadership, either they are dumb when it comes to procurement, or they just don't want to do it, or perhaps they didn't get the kick backs as they intended.......they have gone through these handgun trails about gazillion times now (actually twice) .....they had the best of the best hand guns taking part in the trails, yet they did not even pick any.....they did the trails in 2010, 2012.....and now back again?
in 2011 they checked Grand power k100, and what a gun it is....they had berretas and few others to test....nothing was selected....then they shut that down.....in 2012 they started again.....by 2013 Daudsons joined the party with local build weapon......that went cold and without anything concrete few numbers of Sarsilmaz b6 were procured for LCB, & ISI personnel ...... then somehow, ISI started issuing S & W M&P 9 to their officers......these folks need to make up their mind......PoF got dumb and went ahead to make Beretta 92fs ---they got that made from Badar & Brothers Peshawar - an arms manufacturer in Peshawar----

they need to have a clear strategy ----think it through, don;t waste funds .....

and finally my 5.56 license came through.....looking to buy the gun now, confused whether to go for AK or AR platform....it is this - this one needs to be ordered - get all original parts and have them modified for a 5.56 round rather than 5.45 / .222
alpha_clone2.jpg

vs
View attachment 459269
Thing is now their is total silence two friends studying at NDU asked Army Officers they said POF is getting upgraded and than something may happen although they were also making guesses. But let see what happens

Thing is now their is total silence two friends studying at NDU asked Army Officers they said POF is getting upgraded and than something may happen although they were also making guesses. But let see what happens
So I take it that the army has stopped issuing SCAR manuals to infantry men!

So I take it that the army has stopped issuing SCAR manuals to infantry men!
Manuals were issued not too all but lot of soldiers. Even today I got few pictures of SCAR some where in Pakistan but have sent to a friend for comment

Manuals were issued not too all but lot of soldiers. Even today I got few pictures of SCAR some where in Pakistan but have sent to a friend for comment
Pics from trials ONLY!

alpha_clone2.jpg

vs
View attachment 459269

Talk about Gun p0rn:partay:. I have a question lets suppose you get the M4 which is the king or emperor of modularity. Then are modular device available to kit out your M4?

alpha_clone2.jpg

vs
View attachment 459269
How much does a krink or AR cost?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom