What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
I said SCAR was best in the trials and I still stand by it because that is what happened in trials. SCAR was better than other Rifles but what is happening as of now even I have no clue because now trials are over and it's on Bajwa and few other Generals to decide. Until the trials were going I managed to get information but now it's complete silence even Army Officers are busy making guesses. Most agree that POF up gradation is causing the delay

can you backup your claims with something more solid!

can you backup your claims with something more solid!
If you want me to bring official papers to show to you no I won't bring but I tasked at least 7 guys who are from Military families and meet Army Officers on daily bases and most of these 7 guys don't know each other and all brought same answer that SCAR was leading followed by Beretta although Beretta had slight accuracy issue. One friend even managed to visit the spot where one unit was testing rifles and he is supporter of MPT-76 but even he was told about SCAR being the best one. Even if I some how get original papers I won't post here because I am not interested in ending up dead. Few friends who are member here and study in NDU even they talked to officers and they have same thing to say about SCAR

SCAR aagayi maidan mein ho jamalo!

Yet somehow the other officials refer tk the Beretta as the choice that is going in all things considered as an overall package

SCAR aagayi maidan mein ho jamalo!

Yet somehow the other officials refer tk the Beretta as the choice that is going in all things considered as an overall package
Italians have a strong defence relationship with Pakistan, not so the belgians.

CZ-802 Bren-2 is good enough. Rate of fire is higher as compare to other guns which is 760 or 805 whereas other guns have the capacity to fire 600 rounds per minute
but interestingly most members vote for other riffle ............. strange

Czech-Army-receives-1st-batch-of-New-CZ-806-Bren2-Assault-Rifle_001.jpg

Specified dimensions may vary according to design and configuration.

Weight 2,76 Kg
Caliber 5,56x45 NATO (7")
Magazine capacity 30
Frame Aluminum alloy
Width 80/104 mm
Barrel length 8" - 207 mm 11" - 280 mm 14" - 357 mm
Overall length 8" - 490/677-725 mm 11" - 570/755-800 mm 14" - 650/833-877 mm

Last edited:
Additionally, the Italians bring other offers and opportunities via Leonardo , SELEX and others.. all the Belgians have is chocolate after the SCAR.

Hi,

I will take the Italians over the Belgians any day---.

And who can compete with the Pizza---Pasta---Lasagna etc etc etc---

Additionally, the Italians bring other offers and opportunities via Leonardo , SELEX and others.. all the Belgians have is chocolate after the SCAR.
What are those opportunities? Will you please put some light on it? Any other system they offer besides? I dont think they will provide 100% tot? And is that so then why buy a 15 years old design? Your comments please.

What are those opportunities? Will you please put some light on it? Any other system they offer besides? I dont think they will provide 100% tot? And is that so then why buy a 15 years old design? Your comments please.
I just named them.. unless you did not bother to read past opportunities.
Pleaze read into Leonardo and SELEX as a start; then find me an equivalent belgian Company.

BTW ... via the ATR-72 MPA the PN is getting those Leonardo AESA radars (i.e. Seaspray). That's a sign that the UK has given export permits to Leonardo to sell Selex's products to Pakistan. Not a small feat.

Alan Warnes:

“It will have a fully missionised system with torpedos and water bombs, it has a typical sensor suite including a Seaspray 7300E radar for long range detection, localisation and classification. A Star Safire III EO/IR system will provide the short range classification and imaging. We also included some ESM systems [supplied by the customer from Electronica] and long and short range detection of threats, classification and localisation. Along that comes self-protection against infra-red radar or laser threats; there are ELINT components as well. It will be certified as per Pakistan’s standards.”

http://warnesysworld.com/pakistan-navy-atr72mpa-fly-october/

I said SCAR was best in the trials and I still stand by it because that is what happened in trials. SCAR was better than other Rifles but what is happening as of now even I have no clue because now trials are over and it's on Bajwa and few other Generals to decide. Until the trials were going I managed to get information but now it's complete silence even Army Officers are busy making guesses. Most agree that POF up gradation is causing the delay
Oh, even YOU DO NOT HAVE A CLUE!!
Thats surely a catastrophe! FB ka password bhol gya ha bhai ko?

On a serious note, as it was explained earlier, there is MUCH more to a defense military procurement than the trials, thankfully, majority of us here understand that.

Exactly!!

ALL companies involved were only selected once that part was cleared and agreed with. All of these come with complete ToT. The next step is:
  1. License to export
  2. Becoming part of supply chain
It is highly likely that this too will be offered by all participants, especially by CZ given their status!

Last edited:
Oh, even YOU DO NOT HAVE A CLUE!!
Thats surely a catastrophe! FB ka password bhol gya ha bhai ko?

On a serious note, as it was explained earlier, there is MUCH more to a defense military procurement than the trials, thankfully, majority of us here understand that.

Exactly!!

ALL companies involved were only selected once that part was cleared and agreed with. All of these come with complete ToT. The next step is:
  1. License to export
  2. Becoming part of supply chain
It is highly likely that this too will be offered by all participants, especially by CZ given their status!
Because it's now decision of top 4 to 5 Generals I have no access to them when it was in testing phase I had friends who even visited cantts and places where the Rifles were testing I even posted one picture of Rifle testing but now I have no clue at all. Trials are over SCAR was on top followed by Beretta

If you want me to bring official papers to show to you no I won't bring but I tasked at least 7 guys who are from Military families and meet Army Officers on daily bases and most of these 7 guys don't know each other and all brought same answer that SCAR was leading followed by Beretta although Beretta had slight accuracy issue. One friend even managed to visit the spot where one unit was testing rifles and he is supporter of MPT-76 but even he was told about SCAR being the best one. Even if I some how get original papers I won't post here because I am not interested in ending up dead. Few friends who are member here and study in NDU even they talked to officers and they have same thing to say about SCAR

Until you can bring something more solid which is not Chinese whispers. Then don't make claims you cannot backup! We know you feel moist at the thought of a SCAR but the rest of us need something more than "I tasked at least 7 guys who are from Military families and meet Army Officers on daily bases and most of these 7 guys don't know each other and all brought same answer that SCAR was leading" That has no credibility in the world. I hope I made is easy for you to understand Hazrat.

I said the same thing 2 years ago but no one paid any attention to it :close_tema:

Back
Top Bottom