What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
i think Pakistan has enough ingenuity to fix said problems but i think the major problems are cost
You dont buy the most expensive gadget out of the lot just to fix the problems yourself! We could have argued about this is SCAR was a cheaper option, then we could have said that the gun is nice, it is cheap and whatever problems there are we can fix them. Here it is a case of opting for the most expensive gun of them all saying that we still will need to fix some issues (if there are as per reports from other countries where the gun had problems in active service)

You dont buy the most expensive gadget out of the lot just to fix the problems yourself! We could have argued about this is SCAR was a cheaper option, then we could have said that the gun is nice, it is cheap and whatever problems there are we can fix them. Here it is a case of opting for the most expensive gun of them all saying that we still will need to fix some issues (if there are as per reports from other countries where the gun had problems in active service)
It passed our tests if there would have been issues it would have not passed tests in first place

It passed our tests if there would have been issues it would have not passed tests in first place
The other countries must have tested it too and inducted ONLY after the tests were cleared. However once in service, there were issues.

The other countries must have tested it too and inducted ONLY after the tests were cleared. However once in service, there were issues.
Arsalan I have repeated the same thing trillion times BUT when bande ne bas keh dita ke nahi gal sunnay ya mannai te ke kare banda. insaan hona whi lazmi eh.

I give a dam about what they did but if a Rifle manages to pass tests in temperatures which I doubt other countries test Rifles in than I have serious question on there trials

I give a dam about what they did but if a Rifle manages to pass tests in temperatures which I doubt other countries test Rifles in than I have serious question on there trials
we give a damn Hazrat. other nations tests it fail and gets black listed but passes here according to you. 2 years and we have no answer how!!!!!!

if we buy the SCAR we will get tot and we will produce it in POF. IF (highly unlikely) there is an issue we can fix it in manufacturing. The Scar is an amazing weapon with modularity and it can highly increase our solider's efficiency. There is a reason why american special forces use the scar

if we buy the SCAR we will get tot and we will produce it in POF. IF (highly unlikely) there is an issue we can fix it in manufacturing. The Scar is an amazing weapon with modularity and it can highly increase our solider's efficiency. There is a reason why american special forces use the scar

Ahhh. It's not the job of Pakistan to fix issues of a product after it has been purchased. FN since making the rifle has not once release an updated improved variant of the FN SCAR line. Only FN can fix the faults. Other manufacturers like bushmaster who made ARX for the SCAR trials by SOCOM have made a version 2. Even though they did not win they improved the design and now it receives positive review same with Colt and their CM901.

FN to date have made no improvement to the design.

Do you know the faults with FN SCAR? why the people who adopted it US SOCOM are now shelving the very short lived SCAR program?

Last edited:
Fortunately, you giving a damn do not changes the facts!
:lol:

Problem with Pakistan is poor leadership in all departments which lead to poor results.

POF should have been making state of art weapons for civilians, police as well as army so generated revenues could have been spent on further research and also gain economies of scale. Also no need to reinvent wheel and raise your standard and choose best weapon from world and make a business deal and start benefiting from it rather waste time and resources on ordinary projects.

Fortunately, you giving a damn do not changes the facts!
:lol:
Yes the fact is Pakistan tested the rifle in -50 to 54 C temperatures and guess what SCAR passed all the tests so yes that is the big fact and it won't change

The US special forces are taking these back from active duty. so....

Even if we ignore this, the point is that SCAR is the most expensive gun under evaluation. It makes no sense to choose the most expensive gun knownibg that we will have to resolve some issues. You make that compromise if that gun with some problems that you plan to fix comes as a cheaper option than others. Then it will make sense tht we decide that ok we will go for this and save money as we can later resolve the problems. Buying the most expensive weapons knowing that we will have to modify it later. Just saying!

Also no need to reinvent wheel and raise your standard and choose best weapon from world and make a business deal and start benefiting from it rather waste time and resources on ordinary projects.
Have you checked the thread and do you know what we are doing?
This is the idea, that is what we are planning to do. Buy a gun with ToT and full rights, make it ourself and even export it. This is all part of the package, when it is finalized!!

Ahhh. It's not the job of Pakistan to fix issues of a product after it has been purchased. FN since making the rifle has not once release an updated improved variant of the FN SCAR line. Only FN can fix the faults. Other manufacturers like bushmaster who made ARX for the SCAR trials by SOCOM have made a version 2. Even though they did not win they improved the design and now it receives positive review same with Colt and their CM901.

FN to date have made no improvement to the design.

Do you know the faults with FN SCAR? why the people who adopted it US SOCOM are now shelving the very short lived SCAR program?
look, it is going throw testing for a reason. if it has issues the Army would know and not induct it

Back
Top Bottom