What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Zastava Arms of Serbia introduces its new modular automatic assault rifle at Partner 2017.

Zastava_arms_new_modular_automatic_assault_rifle_Partner_2017_defense_exhibition_Belgrade_Serbia_640_001.jpg

Zastava_arms_6-5x39mm_new_modular_automatic_assault_rifle_Partner_2017_defense_exhibition_Belgrade_Serbia_640_001.jpg

Zastava_arms_7-62x39mm_new_modular_automatic_assault_rifle_Partner_2017_defense_exhibition_Belgrade_Serbia_640_001.jpg

As i mentioned,
  1. 6.5 we are not interested in!
  2. 7.62x39 is an almost sealed deal, what remain are formalities.
Dont see this gun relevant to us now.

It is 7.62x51 that we should keep an eye on for next year or two as i see it being delayed further with the x39 announcement coming first. I just hope we get done with the x39 announcement so that chapter closes once and for all.

As i mentioned,

It is 7.62x51 that we should keep an eye on for next year or two as i see it being delayed further with the x39 announcement coming first. I just hope we get done with the x39 announcement so that chapter closes once and for all.
oh sarkar I expected you to be open minded at the very least:agree:. a lot bah humbug for 6.5 grendel even though it bolsters superior ballistics to 5.56 and x39. Good thing is the x39 rifle can be easily re-chambered in 6.5 :dirol:the coming rifle can be.

oh sarkar I expected you to be open minded at the very least:agree:. a lot bah humbug for 6.5 grendel even though it bolsters superior ballistics to 5.56 and x39. Good thing is the x39 rifle can be easily re-chambered in 6.5 :dirol:the coming rifle can be.
I am not discarding this as an "absolutely useless gun" but because Pakistan is not interested in it. :) That is what i said in the post. Do not see any narrow minded approach in this. THis thread is to discuss the Pakistans rifle replacement, is not in the picture as we are not looking at them for obvious reasons known to anyone with basic knowledge of our armed forces. If you discuss this on any other relevant thread i will surely contribute whatever i can.

Again, please understand the point, i am not discarding this as a useless rifle but as an irrelevant one. Hope you will understand the point.

I am not discarding this as an "absolutely useless gun" but because Pakistan is not interested in it. :) That is what i said in the post. Do not see any narrow minded approach in this. THis thread is to discuss the Pakistans rifle replacement, is not in the picture as we are not looking at them for obvious reasons known to anyone with basic knowledge of our armed forces. If you discuss this on any other relevant thread i will surely contribute whatever i can.

Again, please understand the point, i am not discarding this as a useless rifle but as an irrelevant one. Hope you will understand the point.
I was talking about the round in particular not about the Zastava rifle it was the other rifle..... anyway I like 6.5 and I hope it has a great future.

I was talking about the round in particular not about the Zastava rifle it was the other rifle..... anyway I like 6.5 and I hope it has a great future.
And i am telling you about both!!

6.5 is irrelevant NOT because it is useless or crap but because despite not matter how many advantages it offers, WE are not interested in it for reasons, as i said, obvious to anyone who have the basic understanding of our armed forces.

We can discuss the merits or demerits of this round or gun on a relevant thread but it wont have any part to play in Pakistan's rifle replacement so lets not do it here.

And i am telling you about both!!

6.5 is irrelevant NOT because it is useless or crap but because despite not matter how many advantages it offers, WE are not interested in it for reasons, as i said, obvious to anyone who have the basic understanding of our armed forces.

We can discuss the merits or demerits of this round or gun on a relevant thread but it wont have any part to play in Pakistan's rifle replacement so lets not do it here.
:undecided::undecided:

As i mentioned,

The 7.62 X 39 version can't be ruled out now specially because we had very few options in 7.62 X 39. Also the same company had previously brought there other rifle but there is possibility that company could have told Pak Army about new Rifle I mean this one and asked for sometime to bring it to trials. I won't be surprised if this Rifle is already in trials in 7.62 X 39 category.

@Horus @balixd

More U.S manufacturers jumping in for winter trials.
@Arsalan If this is true than we can't rule out this Zastava 7.62 X 39 Rifle also.

83f15a87ef155961ed94f8435eaf5d2a.jpg

I am hoping for this one. All others are basically AR-15 nothing special this is only thing if they send other calibers I mean 7.62 X 39 and 7.62 X 51 it would be interesting to see

@Path-Finder

The 7.62 X 39 version can't be ruled out now specially because we had very few options in 7.62 X 39. Also the same company had previously brought there other rifle but there is possibility that company could have told Pak Army about new Rifle I mean this one and asked for sometime to bring it to trials. I won't be surprised if this Rifle is already in trials in 7.62 X 39 category.

@Horus @balixd

@Arsalan If this is true than we can't rule out this Zastava 7.62 X 39 Rifle also.

I am hoping for this one. All others are basically AR-15 nothing special this is only thing if they send other calibers I mean 7.62 X 39 and 7.62 X 51 it would be interesting to see

@Path-Finder
I am not talking about trials.
I was pointing toward the discussion about business end of the deal being finalized. Will roll back on a few gains on that front if we are to look at another gun in x39. Not impossible but highly improbable.

@Horus @balixd

@Path-Finder
hmmn I highly doubt Bushmaster will be in it but lets see.

I will say one thing At least Bushmaster made improvements on their original ACR and made it better, sadly FN didn't.

hmmn I highly doubt Bushmaster will be in it but lets see.

I will say one thing At least Bushmaster made improvements on their original ACR and made it better, sadly FN didn't.
They didn't had to otherwise SCAR would have not passed the tests in Pakistan. It did pass the tests in -50 and 54 C because it was dam good stop coming up with childish response you are getting pathetically amusing now.

They didn't had to otherwise SCAR would have not passed the tests in Pakistan. It did pass the tests in -50 and 54 C because it was dam good stop coming up with childish response you are getting pathetically amusing now.
I thought you were going to give a technical response but NO. So Bushmaster went back and made huge improvements to their ACR but FN cannot make improvements as it ascended from the heavens. So Hazrat when gun makers make improved models/varients of their rifles they are idiots?

I thought you were going to give a technical response but NO. So Bushmaster went back and made huge improvements to their ACR but FN cannot make improvements as it ascended from the heavens. So Hazrat when gun makers make improved models/varients of their rifles they are idiots?
A Rifle which passes all the tests in 54 C and -54 C is a dam good Gun. But changes would be made if we adopt it than what we require the company will make the changes. Yes Bushmaster made several changes still ACR is no where although I can see a great potential in this Gun but Bushmaster also failed to come up with 7.62 X 39 and 7.62 X 51 calibers. For some reason a Rifle which every one was anticipating is dying. Still I am really hope other USA manufactures which @Horus just mentioned are not AR 15 kind of rifle guys but this ACR is the one. Secondly I am more than sure Pakistan is basically looking for at least two rifle series and from that I mean a Rifle which has Guns 7.62 X 51 and 7.62 X 39 and 5.56 X 45 not to forget sniper versions.

A Rifle which passes all the tests in 54 C and -54 C is a dam good Gun. But changes would be made if we adopt it than what we require the company will make the changes. Yes Bushmaster made several changes still ACR is no where although I can see a great potential in this Gun but Bushmaster also failed to come up with 7.62 X 39 and 7.62 X 51 calibers. For some reason a Rifle which every one was anticipating is dying. Still I am really hope other USA manufactures which @Horus just mentioned are not AR 15 kind of rifle guys but this ACR is the one. Secondly I am more than sure Pakistan is basically looking for at least two rifle series and from that I mean a Rifle which has Guns 7.62 X 51 and 7.62 X 39 and 5.56 X 45 not to forget sniper versions.

Hazrat what has this got to do with improving a design? making changes per feedback! You have repeated the same thing again with ACR in it.

If it's not ACR than we need to stop them from coming because man they are only AR-15 after AR-15. A country known for most high tech stuff is quite bad at coming up with new Rifle designs

Back
Top Bottom