What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
* All rifles included in the tender are the most latest variants including the most latest SCAR. Local production can pave way for in-house upgrades.

* Early transfer of the POF chief to the rather 'prestigious' post of DG-NDMA might be a strong hint for you in regards to the room for corruption.

Are the scar folks willing to make modifications to fix any issues? Or will tot allow us to make changes ourselves to meet our reqs and fix issues? And lastly how is the overall selection process transparency... any chance of corruption or kicbacks etc ?

Not yet. No recommendation has been made yet.

But trials are over aren't they ?????

If you haven't noticed SSG and even LCB guys have stopped using Type 56 and they are now using M4.
LCB are definetly using kitted out type 56 and they bloody love it,,,SSG also use it though M4 is also in frequent use by them!!!!

And finally our missing mod return thanks a lot for returning Sir

@Path-Finder @Arsalan @The Eagle Please free to study the results Sir @Army research @django
Are these official results???? If the SCAR has performed the best then it should be selected no ifs or buts about it, our jawans should always come first yet I will still reserve my judgement until something is released officially by ISPR.Kudos Hazrat

:sarcastic::sarcastic:
"it's time we send a delegation to Russia and request putin to convince AK company to give TOT of there AKs"
:drag::drag:

Yes Putin is giving ToT's on AK's :omghaha:This is Russia not Soviet Union :cuckoo:
I believe the Venezuelan govt were given TOT for AK-103

Meray bhai, I shouldn't disclose links but I've been to Tarbela SSG base let's say quite a few times over the years , quite a few, and I know their armoury inside out. They have love for the .39 I myself have used both the weapons you have mentioned while offering better control and light weight, the M4 is favoured by Zarrar anti terrorist company, the convention units of SSG prefer .39 for stopping power.
This has pretty much been confirmed on different occasions of the "Mahaaz" program.Kudos

LCB are definetly using kitted out type 56 and they bloody love it,,,SSG also use it though M4 is also in frequent use by them!!!!

Are these official results???? If the SCAR has performed the best then it should be selected no ifs or buts about it, our jawans should always come first yet I will still reserve my judgement until something is released officially by ISPR.Kudos Hazrat

I believe the Venezuelan govt were given TOT for AK-103

This has pretty much been confirmed on different occasions of the "Mahaaz" program.Kudos
M4 has pretty much replaced all Type 56 which were used by SSG. Also many LCB are now seen with M4 and number are increasing

M4 has pretty much replaced all Type 56 which were used by SSG. Also many LCB are now seen with M4 and number are increasing
We will have to agree to disagree,,,,,LCB and regular jawans love the type 56, you cannot go wrong with it,,,,I once read an interview of a US seal where he stated that they had evaluated many AK variants, Russian, East German, Finnish,,,Romanian an they found the type 56 to be the best version of all.

We will have to agree to disagree,,,,,LCB and regular jawans love the type 56, you cannot go wrong with it,,,,I once read an interview of a US seal where he stated that they had evaluated many AK variants, Russian, East German, Finnish,,,Romanian an they found the type 56 to be the best version of all.
I see more and more with M4 and if we would have gotten more from USA I am pretty sure more troops would have gone with M4. I always thought that Army never liked the 5.56 X 45 but the way they just got rid of Type 56 the moment they got there hands on M4 shows that is not that big love for 7.62 X 39

I see more and more with M4 and if we would have gotten more from USA I am pretty sure more troops would have gone with M4. I always thought that Army never liked the 5.56 X 45 but the way they just got rid of Type 56 the moment they got there hands on M4 shows that is not that big love for 7.62 X 39
I only see SSG with M4 PERIOD!.......And ask any Pak jawan they love type 56, even SSG are in awe of it, super reliable and adequate accuracy due to scopes and skill of Pak jawans...... Hazrat do not ever underestimate the skill of our jawans

How the hell do you know? Every where the army en masse is using type 56. As for SSG Zarrar coy and those in CQB use them however their favourite for CT ops is the type 56 fitted with an aim point, fore grip and laser

How the hell do you know? Every where the army en masse is using type 56. As for SSG Zarrar coy and those in CQB use them however their favourite for CT ops is the type 56 fitted with an aim point, fore grip and laser

Type-56 is a cheap stopgap, it becomes way too hot to handle with bare hands after 200-300 round dump.

I only see SSG with M4 PERIOD!.......And ask any Pak jawan they love type 56, even SSG are in awe of it, super reliable and adequate accuracy due to scopes and skill of Pak jawans...... Hazrat do not ever underestimate the skill of our jawans

Type-56 is a cheap stopgap, it becomes way too hot to handle with bare hands after 200-300 round dump.
Tactical gloves should resolve this issue, they are relatively cheap to procure and a lot of jawans are already using them.Kudos

Tactical gloves should resolve this issue, they are relatively cheap to procure and a lot of jawans are already using them.Kudos

How much heat can tactical gloves handle ... it may help a bit but dont think that much. And also consider the impact of heated barrel on accuracy.

How much heat can tactical gloves handle ... it may help a bit but dont think that much. And also consider the impact of heated barrel on accuracy.
Those are genuine concerns you have raised yet in Afghanistan the local Pashai Taliban almost overran a US FOB in Korengal valley because the M4s overheated and jammed due to prolonged use yet the AKs were firing on all cylinders as they say, the yanks had to discard their fancy gear for the good old Ak-47 otherwise they would have ended up in bodybags or as eaglefeed.

Those are genuine concerns you have raised yet in Afghanistan the local Pashai Taliban almost overran a US FOB in Korengal valley because the M4s overheated and jammed due to prolonged use yet the AKs were firing on all cylinders as they say, the yanks had to discard their fancy gear for the good old Ak-47 otherwise they would have ended up in bodybags or as eaglefeed.
Not just Afghanistan, but in Iraq as well, where US troops tended to pick up AK rifles from dead insurgents, just in case their M16/M4 malfunctioned.

Back
Top Bottom