What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Well we can manage the cost. We knew about the cost before deciding to replace our older Gun
Off topic question if care to answer, saw that SSG Zarar company uses Glock 19 which is compact size why not Glock 17 couple of more rounds better grip? If you can shed some light. Just curious. If they were concealed carrying yes I can understand 19 or 26 but with full gear would not it be better to have a full size pistol versus compact. Now the latest version of Glock 17 has some issues but this was not the case when Glock 19 was inducted and Glock 17 version 3 was good.

Last edited:
I said M4 for CQC because Pakistan already uses this weapon with SSG (Special Forces).Introducing a totally different weapon will bring additional logistics difficulties and training costs..
368mm barrel of M4 vs 500mm barrel of VHS for same length when M4 is stock/butt is retracted...

M4 880m/s vs VHS 2 950m/s speed of bullet thus longer range, better penetration and higher accuracy and if using M855A1 ammo type then M4 will jam frequently while VHS 2 won't jam at all since its design takes notice of M855A1 and M855A1 is lead free thus it does not poison fertile land and it has better penetration of bricks and steel and is more deadlier than original M855.

368mm barrel of M4 vs 500mm barrel of VHS for same length when M4 is stock/butt is retracted...

M4 880m/s vs VHS 2 950m/s speed of bullet thus longer range, better penetration and higher accuracy and if using M855A1 ammo type then M4 will jam frequently while VHS 2 won't jam at all since its design takes notice of M855A1 and M855A1 is lead free thus it does not poison fertile land and it has better penetration of bricks and steel and is more deadlier than original M855.
Please read my previous post again.......I did not talk about which gun is better.Rather my point was about logistic and training difficulties.

nope. from the 70's.

1972, which makes it ancient and only 10 years younger than the in-service G3. Instead of wasting money on that I'd rather we keep the G3s or get the Chinese AK clones, which both, if I've read correct, exceed the Galil in performance.

Besides, the point is to modernize the military's main battle rifle, which the Galil cannot in any aspect.

1972, which makes it ancient and only 10 years younger than the in-service G3. Instead of wasting money on that I'd rather we keep the G3s or get the Chinese AK clones, which both, if I've read correct, exceed the Galil in performance.

Besides, the point is to modernize the military's main battle rifle, which the Galil cannot in any aspect.
I have made my thoughts known before; there are merits for G3 which can be improvised. Galil is based off AK in any case and exhibits excellent reliability.

Forget galil which even israelis retired need to move forward israel uses travor rifle in 3 different varients do we have some thing like future or keeo stick with old

12295413_930150980405142_5967638729680534504_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom