What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Its very strange.......... 24 pages of this thread............ people are suggesting thier favourite rifle for Pakistan army.......... without any hint what are the considerations of PA and result of trial. ........... Yesterday someone commented about PAF doctrine not suitable for Pakistan. ........... relax boys
PAF has a comfort zone and it is called F16,
on topic once we change how we can recover some money from the discarded G3? Are there any Armies interested in cheap G3s?

The best Option by all means is MPT-76 for Pakistan army.

It seems like an of-shoot of the M-16. The charger mechanism the side tap etc. are that of an M-16A1. The overall arrangement and the bolt assembly seems familiar.

It seems like an of-shoot of the M-16. The charger mechanism the side tap etc. are that of an M-16A1. The overall arrangement and the bolt assembly seems familiar.

Its reported to be more like based on the design of HK-417. May be some changes from outside but internal mechanism may be copy of HK 417. Some sources even reported that Turks may have bought the tech from HK for internal production.

Its reported to be more like based on the design of HK-417. May be some changes from outside but internal mechanism may be copy of HK 417. Some sources even reported that Turks may have bought the tech from HK for internal production.
Well would their be some issues if they decide to sell these Guns to Pakistan with TOT ?

Well would their be some issues if they decide to sell these Guns to Pakistan with TOT ?

Don't think so. They must have bought the rights to sell or transfer tech. Many times such companies agree that they will not compete with each other in the same market. And with local manufacture even if turks gives us the tech, we still will have to pay them royalty per weapon, just like we paid to the H&K for their guns manufactured at POF.

MKEK MPT looks amazing. Does anyone know how much is cost to equip theTurkish army ? Its unit price ? and how much does economy of scale factor in the price of these guns ,when being bought by a third party.

MKEK MPT looks amazing. Does anyone know how much is cost to equip theTurkish army ? Its unit price ? and how much does economy of scale factor in the price of these guns ,when being bought by a third party.
Well we can manage the cost. We knew about the cost before deciding to replace our older Gun

I think Pakistan should go ahead with MPT-76 as battle rifle while M4 carbine should be made the standard for use in close quarters combat.
My 2 cents.

Last edited:

The design and ergonomics of the MPT-76 are based on the AR-15. The internal machinisme is essentialy a cloned HK-417 gas piston system. Much like you said its essentialy similair in alot of aspecs to the HK-417, which honestly i find quite reassuring. Its seems Turkey didnt want to take any chances with such a huge project so they took the safests road.

Last edited:
I think Pakistan should go ahead with MPT-76as battle rifle while M4 carbine should be made the standard for use in close quarter.
My 2 cents.
M4 Carbine for close quarter... Why not use bullpup? I reccommend VHS 2 bullpup assault rifle...

I have extensively trained on M-16A1 and atleast externally some aspects of the weapon looks like one. By taking the best of two very successful designs, the weapon promises to be a robust and accurate weapon.

M4 Carbine for close quarter... Why not use bullpup? I reccommend VHS 2 bullpup assault rifle...
I said M4 for CQC because Pakistan already uses this weapon with SSG (Special Forces).Introducing a totally different weapon will bring additional logistics difficulties and training costs..

file.jpeg

file.jpeg

file.jpeg

Turkish Marines Holding MPT-76 Rifle.

file.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom