What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
I'm just speculating, but I don't think the MoDP will take kindly to Baluchistan LEAs importing guns. POF even complained about this to the Senate Committee for Defence Production last year, when it also officially announced plans to produce a G-3 successor.

This could also be CZ doing a tour as part of its Pakistan marketing campaign. CZ fully understands that this is a big market, and it's at the table with POF and the MoDP to secure a deal. It might be trying to get the LEAs to back the BREN, Scorpion and P-series handguns so that a deal can be had with POF.

I can see more Army guys in picture than Police Guys. Good Army is now monitoring what is going on in Police Force and making sure merit is there and also they have great weapons. Now I hope both Armed Forces and Police Force also go for large number of MRAP and also good bullet proof vests. By the way I can see CZ 807 7.62 X 39 and 5.56 X 45 and I think CZ 806 and marksman version of BREN is also there and last but not the least Scorpion

I'm just speculating, but I don't think the MoDP will take kindly to Baluchistan LEAs importing guns. POF even complained about this to the Senate Committee for Defence Production last year, when it also officially announced plans to produce a G-3 successor.

This could also be CZ doing a tour as part of its Pakistan marketing campaign. CZ fully understands that this is a big market, and it's at the table with POF and the MoDP to secure a deal. It might be trying to get the LEAs to back the BREN, Scorpion and P-series handguns so that a deal can be had with POF.
Also in Government decides to launch these in civilian markets

CZ is not only focusing in Pakistan but it is now really doing hard marketing all over the middle east as their weapons are gaining notoriety due to their prestige in craftsmanship and reliability.

But the question still hangs over SCAR:D:D

CZ is not gaining any notoriety "now" its a well established name known for the quality and reliability of its weapons. CZ75 is/was the most widely used side arm by the LEA's around the world.

Can we somehow stop this circus in this informative and serious thread ?
YEAH I also have good news regarding this, but cant quote.
CZ is not only focusing in Pakistan but it is now really doing hard marketing all over the middle east as their weapons are gaining notoriety due to their prestige in craftsmanship and reliability.

You know it's not coming. Why rub salt into someone's wounds ?

A number of Army personnel are visible in the video. I assume it was an Army supported event.

No OEM is going to provide ToT without (significant) initial off-the-shelf purchases. Direct imports by LEA's could help soften the deal.

@Zarvan bro, if Pakistan Military rejects a rifle, what on right mind can even think that it will still be brought for Police and if we go by the same definition, SSU in Karachi has SCAR in armory so does it mean we inducted the same, No but bought/direct purchase for Police and has nothing to do with Military trials.

Also, Media is not a source nor credible enough to believe like we know how they most of the times shows Missiles without any clue Ghori for Babur or what not. I must say, Media is totally clueless especially when it comes to defence related news and sometimes for rating, they go crazy and did many silly things in past.

Further-more, if I am a civilian then why would a Sarkari Banda will tell me something which is not available in public domain nor is allowed to be told that too on a social website or through some unknown contacts. I will never ever disclose any news which is marked as secret or confidential. Kindly avoid believing words of the people with no credibility. What we all know is, totally tight lipped service till now w.r.t. winner of trials. However, discussing the content on the basis of personal observation is not wrong and everyone is at liberty to do so but we should keep in mind that, the same may not be pushed again & again as a fact that Officials are not telling yet.

Hope you understand.
I pray that your words can deliver the message better than mine ever did!!! :)
But see how i used "pray" instead of "hope"

Can we somehow stop this circus in this informative and serious thread ?
YES PLEASE!!!

What I understand is what I saw. By the way BREN passed the trials specially CZ 807 but yes SCAR was way ahead in performance but BREN also passed the tests in fact CZ 807 is leading candidate in Type 56 replacement program. Baluchistan Police is looking to get new weapons and report was about CZECH showing there weapons and commander southern command was also present on the occasion. There giant size guy was firing CZ 807 and Scorpion and our Police Guy was shown firing some handgun from CZ. What I don't know is whether Baluchistan Government also tested other Rifles or not. Sir many sarkari people tell many things you just should know How to get the info. I am not discussing personal observation I am discussing the info I have.
Two guns were given the nod and were approved as option 1, BOTH ARE THE SAME ONCE THEY ARE GIVEN GO AHEAD WITH NO ONE HAVING PREFERENCE OVER ANOTHER. The next step was/is of finalizing the business deal and the firm that can offer more will be selected. After these two guns (Again, no one having absolutely any preference over the other) there was an option of 3rd given as well, that is, if a business deal with one of these two top preferences can be finalized then there was a second option to work on. However both CZ and FN are playing ball and we will finalize a deal with these most probably unless something drastic happens!!

A number of Army personnel are visible in the video. I assume it was an Army supported event.
While you suppose this was an army supported event there are people here who will use this image as a proof that ARMY IS NOT CONTROLLING POLICE with absolutely NO idea regarding the implication of such remarks. Army controlling police. You can see that it have already started.

Army training the police is one thing
Army controlling the police, there recruitment and the hardware they buy is an absolutely different thing and surely not something very positive but, WHO CARES!! The Pic is a sahifa now!!

CZECH FIREARMS MAKER CZ CONTINUES WITH REGIONAL MARKETING PUSH

CZ-IDEX-01-692x360.jpg

Ceska zbrojovka (CZ) stand at IDEX 2017 in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Photo credit: CZ

Daily News
Bilal Khan -Mar 30, 2017

The Czech firearms designer and manufacturer Česká zbrojovka (CZ) made a concerted marketing push for the Middle East market during the 2017 International Defence Exhibition and Conference (IDEX), which took in Abu Dhabi in February.

In its news release, CZ states that it showcased its CZ-806 BREN 2 modular assault rifle, which can be chambered for 5.56×45 mm NATO and 7.62×39 mm rounds, and introduced the new CZ P-10C pistol with a linear striker. As per CZ, “both [products] enjoyed a lot of interest” from IDEX attendees, which included armed forces personnel from many countries. CZ also noted that it had “an important meeting” with Pakistan’s Minister of Defence Production (MoDP), Rana Tanveer Hussain.

Interestingly, a recent video emerged of CZ conducting an event showcasing the CZ-806 BREN (or CZ-807), Scorpion EVO 3, and P-series pistols in Baluchistan, Pakistan. Local law-enforcement and Pakistan Army officials were present at the event.

Notes & Comments:

In November 2016, Pakistan Ordnance Factories (POF) and CZ signed a letter-of-understanding (LoU) to “intensively negotiate [the] delivery of complete technology for the production of small arms to [POF].” The LoU entailed the discussion transfer-of-technology, including the “gradual launching of production in Pakistan, ranging from light assembly to maximum localization.”

The LoU, which was just a commitment to negotiate (i.e. not an actual contract), was seen to be in regards to the Pakistan Army’s next-generation standard-issue assault/battle rifle program, which envisaged to gradually supplant the Army’s legacy Heckler & Koch (HK) G-3 battle rifles and Type 56 assault rifles. CZ had even displayed firing-test results from a 7.62×51 mm NATO version of the CZ-807 at IDEAS.

CZ’s meeting with the MoDP in IDEX is the latest known interaction between the two sides. It is not known if this agreement will be concluded, but CZ is still engaged with Pakistan.

CZECH FIREARMS MAKER CZ CONTINUES WITH REGIONAL MARKETING PUSH | Quwa Defence News and Analysis Group

Army is controlling the thing when you are controlling the recruitment and also training and few other things you are controlling the Police Force. As for rifle you have already said what I was going to say but you left out few things.
Yup, you know this from that picture!! since there were men in army uniform along side police it is safe to claim that some source have told you that army is controlling the police. Cool!

Regarding gun, NO, you have not been saying that. You are still in that race mode with on top and at bottom mentality. IN real world. once the approval of two systems is given no one is given preference over the other when they are EQUALLY ACCEPTABLE. The second choice is a third gun but that is a closed chapter for now.

They are controlling recruitment in Sindh now in KPK as they already improved so nothing new and they are also now checking recruitment and training of Police in Baluchistan and also what weapons they get. What else is controlling ??????????
O bahi!!!

CONTROLLING is something different, it includes policy making, decision making, law enforcement, postings, actions and reactions,,,,, BEING engaged in recruitment process, ENGAGED, is not CONTROLLING a certain institute by any means. Police is a seprate instituion. DO NOT MIX THEM UP. Army was present at polling stations during last elections as well, do you mean they CONTROLLED the elections? They are there with polio team as well.. YOU MEAN TO SAY THEY ARE CONTROLLING LADY HEALTH WORKERS too?? Koi kuda khofi kro!!

Being helpful is not controlling!!

Yup, you know this from that picture!! since there were men in army uniform along side police it is safe to claim that some source have told you that army is controlling the police. Cool!

FN and Beretta are nowhere in sight since the LoU with CZ.

An administrator here claimed 'FN was the best in trials to replace G3, AK-103 outperformed CZ 807' just to keep the fanboys going.

Regarding my comment of 'army supporting this event', I believe it is actually the case. Direct imports by LEA's could help soften the deal.

From DAWN:

During the briefing, Hayat regretted that domestic security institutions are not placing orders with POF, and instead buy from third-party vendors.

“Only KPK police are procuring uniforms, arms and ammunition from the POF,” he said.

FN and Beretta are nowhere in sight since the LoU with CZ.

An administrator here claimed 'FN was the best in trials to replace G3, AK-103 outperformed CZ 807' just to keep the fanboys going.

Regarding my comment of 'army supporting this event', I believe it is actually the case. Direct imports by LEA's could help soften the deal.
There was A signing of MoU in IDEX17 regarding Beretta Pistols! But yes Rifle selection has not gone beyond CZ so far.

I am not talking nonsense Army is monitoring recruitment in Sindhi and Baluchistan and don't know about Punjab but if not happening now will happen soon. They were already giving Police weapons training for sometime so if our provinces other KPK don't get there act together I won't be surprised if Army increases its control further of Police. Because Army is fed up of doing Police work. Every where in the world Police is leading the fight against terrorism no matter How strong the militancy is but we are quite a case of How not do things.
thanks God you came back to MONITORING from CONTROLLING. I hope you understand the difference and its implications!!
Monitoring and helping in recruitment process, YES
Controlling the police as an institute, (as your earlier posts suggested) NO!!

CZ has shown the flexibility which others could not. Things have progressed to meetings and parallel sales to LEA's.
This is a good development indeed.

Any further derailing will initially lead to thread ban. Thread cleaned from off-topic discussion for the time being and must avoid such useless practice.

Thanks.

LMAO:rofl: would any body will care to elaborate about,the choice of calibre PA is going to make,since many are here with links all over in MoDP.
Hazrat @Zarvan your SCAR is piece of junk:hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom