What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
no way in hell is that rifle 7.62x51. the mag does not have the dimensions to load those bullets. now the results might be of a different chambered rifle, but that rifle is not 7.62x51. it's 7.62x39. see the curve.
go to page 190 and come to the current page. everything will become clear!!

i have been watching alote of bren videos.all i can find is some heating issues rest it a great gun

The heat is likely to move southwards in the coming days. :laugh:

:D:D :astagh:
Does showing 'cleaning kit' to COAS make sense? How do other kits look like ?

SCAR-H is around 2500-3000 US$
Beretta ARX-200 costs 1500-2000 US$
CZ 807 is 1200-1500 US$

Ye suicide karne se pehle Horus aur Oscar ko maare ga. :disagree:
POF can bring the rifle costs down using the Pakistani rupee, labour costs, and material costs. Yes, it'll have the overhead (from the ToT acquisition) to worry about, but that can be scaled using odomestic requirements. In the long-run, we could potentially bring the CZ-807 platform to sub-$1,000 levels, which is markedly competitive on the market (boosting export prospects).

no way in hell is that rifle 7.62x51. the mag does not have the dimensions to load those bullets. now the results might be of a different chambered rifle, but that rifle is not 7.62x51. it's 7.62x39. see the curve.
Yaar yay bik gaye scar qasam say , read the chart the model in front is .39 but the accuracy chart is of .51

I still doubt that BREN 7.62 X 51 was there to participate for replacing G3. If it would have been there they would have shown it the magazine which @TheOccupiedKashmir also has nothing to say about X 51 version so I am now more in doubts secondly I am waiting for @Horus and @balixd and @Oscar to clear the situation.
Hazrat @Zarvan it is CZ 807 not BREN, secondly you are still not accepting this one little fact!

CZ 807 remains the same with changes made to 1)barrel 2)bolt carrier group 3) magwell or lower receiver

if they show a CZ 807 with a x51 then will you have some skoon in your life?

I am more confident than ever SCAR & Beretta are not coming purely because as your source Oscar said it here;

scar2-jpg.370736

quoting Oscar that (financial+technical+political) are the things that must be met to satisfy a contract Just getting ToT is NOT enough!

If you cannot even believe your sources either than there is nothing more we humans can do:tsk::tsk:

Hazrat @Zarvan it is CZ 807 not BREN, secondly you are still not accepting this one little fact!

CZ 807 remains the same with changes made to 1)barrel 2)bolt carrier group 3) magwell or lower receiver

if they show a CZ 807 with a x51 then will you have some skoon in your life?

I am more confident than ever SCAR & Beretta are not coming purely because as your source Oscar said it here;

scar2-jpg.370736

quoting Oscar that (financial+technical+political) are the things that must be met to satisfy a contract Just getting ToT is NOT enough!

If you cannot even believe your sources either than there is nothing more we humans can do:tsk::tsk:

Getting best Rifle is the priority if you are not getting best rifle for your soldiers which can perform best in field than sorry but you are being dishonest to them.

are you saying this because he didnt favour your Love FN SCAR :azn:
No our journalists have history of doing wrong reporting about defense matters. Our media totally sucks when it comes to defense matters.

Getting best Rifle is the priority if you are not getting best rifle for your soldiers which can perform best in field than sorry but you are being dishonest to them.
They are getting the best. On what basis are they getting the worst? Hazrat @Zarvan anything better than Type 56 & G3 is better and that is what they are getting!

and it offers a better calibre cross conversion in comparison to SCAR and Beretta with CZ 807 modular rifle.

The 7.62x39 CZ 807 was originally developed for the Indian tender to replace 65,000 rifles. The tender required multi-caliber (with easy caliber cross conversion) rifles. India cancelled the tender and CZ capitalized in Pakistan by offering the same rifle. :lol:

i thought the arx-200 has been offered. not the160? or have they offered both?

I said 'may have offered'. The are two tenders - one for x39, one for x51.

The CZ rifle consts around a $1000 bucks a piece, the Chinese made Type 56 costs around $122 a piece. So far no complaints have been received from the units on use of the Chinese Type 56. POF has even tried to develop one in-house but it failed due to the poor metallurgy. So despite all the wonderful posts on SCAR, Beretta and CZ being selected and purchased by the Pakistan Armed forces, the real news is total silence on the matter.

The CZ rifle consts around a $1000 bucks a piece, the Chinese made Type 56 costs around $122 a piece. So far no complaints have been received from the units on use of the Chinese Type 56. POF has even tried to develop one in-house but it failed due to the poor metallurgy. So despite all the wonderful posts on SCAR, Beretta and CZ being selected and purchased by the Pakistan Armed forces, the real news is total silence on the matter.
youre probably right about the cost but buying off the shelves is never a good long term approach,
its better to invest locally and not only cater to the needs of your own forces but also get the export orders,
By TOT we will get some knowhow about developing good weapons in house, this also will give us the capability to maybe later on develop a new weapon totally on our own.

POF can bring the rifle costs down using the Pakistani rupee, labour costs, and material costs. Yes, it'll have the overhead (from the ToT acquisition) to worry about, but that can be scaled using odomestic requirements. In the long-run, we could potentially bring the CZ-807 platform to sub-$1,000 levels, which is markedly competitive on the market (boosting export prospects).

Also I find it very hard to believe that a country with limited resources is going to have ToT on different riffles for different calibres. That is going to make this whole thing so expensive especially when you are dealing with expensive toys like SCAR. Only way SCAR could have been a little bit affordable ( a little bit ) was if we procure it in large numbers and do all what you have mentioned but if we are going for BREN for x39, SCAR is off completely. Its just too expensive to be inducted in large numbers

Back
Top Bottom