What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
This is the right time for Pakistan Army if they choose the right rifle, it can come out with a great deal and ToT and it could lead to more and better equipment for the Army!

Nope..battle rifle variant. They might opt for it in different roles if JÖAK likes it.
E25zmmc (1).jpg

FB_IMG_1439034270125.jpg

The Gun soldier carrying looks different than the Gun in picture below. Why is that ? I am not talking about the handle or accessories.

Yaar waisee seriously Irfan Bhai, we can build a Nuke but we can't manage to build a Rifle ! o_O

Is it apathy or are we really lacking in some areas ?[/QUOTE said:
Bombs, nukes etc must have a shelf life and they are used just once..
where as engines, rifles etc daily/frequent used items.. actually its all about material science/metallurgy..
similarly Chian and russian aircraft/automobile engine's have short lives just because ok lack of this science...
amd processors easily get hotter comapred to intel processors bcz impurities in amd processors are not controlled that efficiently...

@Armstrong
Yes why not developed indigenous riffle which can fulfill the requirement of the army specification and could save lot of foreign exchange. In a long run this approach will be the most beneficial.

But the magazine at least is bigger
Only difference I see is the folding front sight post. You should not that the dude handling the gun looks pretty small, making the rifle look big. Magazine appears to be what any .308 box mag would look like.
Note the flash suppressor, stock, rail, rear backup sight post and charging handle. It's the same gun.
And anyway, AR-15 typically don't go beyond .308.

Hope we get best gun for our jawans no compromises should be made for cheap gun

Dear dont use comments on gun which we already using AK 47

Dear HK 417 is multi caliber HK 416 is single caliber

And having multi caliber gives our soldiers more option with single gun

Scar should be bought for SSG

Still HK 417 is superior
SCAR is far too expensive, PA can't afford it.

What about HK416/417? Can PA afford it? I would prefer it since we have been using a lot of HK stuff for a long long time.

Maybe, maybe not, I don't know Pakistan's budget, but I do know the HK417 isn't cheap either. I did a rundown of the 417's cost to the Norwegian Armed Forces:

Pakistans future Assault Rifle | Page 18

We're using it as a designated marksman weapon, it's far too expensive to equip military wide.

You tell me, knowing more about the budget than I do, whether or not this is affordable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe, maybe not, I don't know Pakistan's budget, but I do know the HK417 isn't cheap either. I did a rundown of the 417's cost to the Norwegian Armed Forces:

Pakistans future Assault Rifle | Page 18

We're using it as a designated marksman weapon, it's far too expensive to equip military wide.

You tell me, knowing more about the budget than I do, whether or not this is affordable.

Well we have around a million soldiers to arm and as per your calculations it doesn't look cheap. We might have to go for Turkish one then.

What about HK416/417? Can PA afford it? I would prefer it since we have been using a lot of HK stuff for a long long time.
It depends. The HK is supposedly cheaper.

One thing to keep in mind is that Pakistan will not be paying one lump sum, that's never how these things work. Instead, Pakistan will pay an initial fee, and then pay over time, for each rifle manufactured in Pakistan, under license...or at least something similar to this affect.

The SCAR, even with this sort of financial plan is expensive for Pakistan. The advantage the 416/7 has is that, HK and Pakistan already have a working relationship, plus the hk-416/7 was initially designed to be a relatively cheap replacement for the m-16/4 of the US (and the ak-47 to a good degree).

Right now, I think that PA is going to seriously consider the HK rifles, along with the mpt-7, far more than any other competitor. If I had to bet, I would wager that the HK rifle has the highest chance of selection.

Tl;dr If the price for the HK (as has been suggested) is correct, then it is the best bet for PA, and would consolidate HK-PA business relations.

Back
Top Bottom