What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
@Armstrong thank you, your highness.

What can I say...I am well-connected ! :smokin:

valid question.
it does produce some clones and some under licence but there are market leaders that offer the advantage that POF cant offer at the moment

Yaar waisee seriously Irfan Bhai, we can build a Nuke but we can't manage to build a Rifle ! o_O

Is it apathy or are we really lacking in some areas ?

Army isn't impressed with the 5.56 mm's lack of stopping power - Dunno whether thats true or not but thats what I've read quite a few people argue quite a few times.

Greater than about 400 meters and the 5.56 loses a lot of stopping power, it's a valid concern that the US military is noticing too - the USMC is transitioning from the M16A4 to the M4 because the greater range of the M16A4 is nearly useless, so maybe Pakistan would be interested in some surplus M16s?

Marine brass endorses infantry plan to ditch M16 for M4

I've seen the bipod thing in some of Pakistan Army's pictures but thats with those machine type things not battle rifles so I thought maybe it was something else !

I mentioned that perhaps Pakistan could opt for a shift in its tactics to better support the use of smaller calibers or justify the use of larger ones, but on a smaller scale (squad level sniper)- the bipod is used on battle rifles or designated marksman weapons, which is how the HK417 is used in Western militaries including the Forsvaret - if Pakistan is going to use the HK417 as an assault rifle it's an outlier.

The SCAR-H is better suited for assault duties though.

Friday night and nothing to do ? :o:

Dinner anyone...? :ashamed:

No:(. It's 9:30, I'm bored and have already eaten:hitwall:. I don't know, maybe I'll go downtown for a while.

Any-who, I'll see you later:wave:.

Last edited by a moderator:
First order: 20,000 MPT-76
Worth: 80 million TL
---------------------------------------
One MPT-76: 4000TL (1490 $)

No other Western state can produce such a quality and effective rifle in that price. In trials, All possibilities are checked in mud, sand, rainy and icy conditions and This rifle performed perfect without meeting any single problem.

d2ccf51d251a2a73834c669cddef4687.jpg
You guys adopting the 7.62 variant?

I didn't know You were looking for a turbojet engine instead of a rifle that will be affected by athmosperic pressure and +/- O2 weather conditions. Otherwise, I am talking about -40/+45/50 but You are telling me -70 or +60 degrees as If a soldier can survive in such an extreme weather conditions, let along fighting of a soldier handling a rifle against enemy in mentioned celcius. Hope you will find what you are looking for brothers...
sir he is not talking hogwash , our soldiers do live through these conditions round 12 months. summer is -40 and in winter it is -60. 98 % casualties are through weather and there are long term medical conditions to those who return back with without frostbite . the desert in the east and the west offer yet another set of challenge. its a diverse climate country.

sir he is not talking hogwash , our soldiers do live through these conditions round 12 months. summer is -40 and in winter it is -60. 98 % casualties are through weather and there are long term medical conditions to those who return back with without frostbite . the desert in the east and the west offer yet another set of challenge. its a diverse climate country.

Just tell him about Siachen and Thar desert.

Assault rifle should be in .223rem.!

But MPT76 is battle rifle.

I am Turkish but i want to say:.308win bad choice!!!!!!!

New war doctrine diffrerent from 1970s.
In the war not professionals persons ( even old peoples, womens and childs) how to use strong and hard caliber?
Also .308 has a bad accelaration in full auto mode.

And also ammo costs verry important. In the war, for a 1 year you need 1-2 billion ammo?? .308win : 2$, ; .223rem:1$!!!!!!!!!

Turkish rifle verry new production , it is early to trust to this gun.!!!

FN SCAR-L best choice.
CZ 805 Bren verry smart choice.

Differents of calibers.

Edit: .308 win very strong caliber, very high power in the rifle. Ballictic velocity and energy may broke the rifle, if rifle made by non quality materials.

Also this rifle is aliminium, Turkey has a few knowlegde of heat tratment.

Last edited:
Ma'am you do realize that most of it is gibberish to me; I am a finance guy how the heck would I know what a Harris Bipod or a Brass Catcher is ? :o:

But the finance guy in me tells me that 'cause most NATO countries (including Norway) have smaller armies and well established economies you guys can buy the best of the best out there....we'd probably be priced out 'cause we're the what 7th largest Army in the world funded by the 21st largest economy (PPP) in the world - Simple costing works against us ! :(

Finance :)..its my second selection in line this year. Let's see.

Well Mr. Wolf of Lahore Street, a bipot in the military is primarily used to mount small arms on in ranging from assault rifles, DMRs to automatic grenade launchers to give a more accelerated, stable position for the shooter. It is specifically used by navies as well in counter-piracy operations and countering assymetric threats on the surface.

Yaar waisee seriously Irfan Bhai, we can build a Nuke but we can't manage to build a Rifle ! o_O

Is it apathy or are we really lacking in some areas ?
bit of both.
we are already doing much already from a fighter jet program to missile program , tank and APC program and what not. infantry weapons seem trivial but require a considerable setup cost and then there are already established platforms with proven record and agreeable costs. if we are to set aside cash for that then it will have to come out of some other funding within the military budget.
khawaja saad rafique or Abid Sher Ali wont let you have their jelabee fund for that purpose.

You guys adopting the 7.62 variant?

Yes..The infantry and all other combatant/battle support forces will use the 7.62 nato variant. However in long-term, the cavalry might opt for the 5.56 nato variant. Also if SF/SOF likes the 56, they might choose it over M4A1 and H&K.

Just tell him about Siachen and Thar desert.

@cabatli_53

Siachen Glacier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Siachen Glacier lies immediately south of the great drainage divide that separates the Eurasian Plate from the Indian subcontinent in the extensively glaciated portion of the Karakoram sometimes called the "Third Pole". The glacier lies between the Saltoro Ridge immediately to the west and the main Karakoram range to the east. The Saltoro Ridge originates in the north from the Sia Kangri peak on the China border in the Karakoram range. The crest of the Saltoro Ridge's altitudes range from 5,450 to 7,720 m (17,880 to 25,330 feet). The major passes on this ridge are, from north to south, Sia La at 5,589 m (18,336 ft), Bilafond La at 5,450 m (17,880 ft), and Gyong La at 5,689 m (18,665 ft). The average winter snowfall is more than 1000 cm (35 ft) and temperatures can dip to −50 °C (−58 °F). Including all tributary glaciers, the Siachen Glacier system covers about 700 km2 (270 sq mi).

three are too many deserts to list
average tempature can range from 54 degrees in morning to near freezing at night.

List of deserts of Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so yea its a big undertaking for a rifle which performs well in all climates, heights and temperature , is easy to maintain and reliable all round.

Yes..The infantry and all other combatant/battle support forces will use the 7.62 nato variant. However in long-term, the cavalry might opt for the 5.56 nato variant. Also if SF/SOF likes the 56, they might choose it over M4A1 and H&K.
Well my vote is for your rifle provided that you guys come up with a better stock.

Well my vote is for your rifle provided that you guys come up with a better stock.

TBH, after Azerbaijan Pakistan is the only country which Turkish defense industry doesn't care about tranfer of critical technology, many people indicate that Pakistan had a role in development of SOM. Even it may have if we decide to go nuclear. If POF can sign an agreement with Undersecretariat of Defense Industries who has the full rights of MPT, it'd be awesome and I'd be happy to see Pakistan producing MPT-76 at home.
Having a rifle way better than anything Indian Infantry might have and also contributing to future development of Pakistan's own rifles up to STANAG qualifications.

Is it apathy or are we really lacking in some areas ?[/QUOTE]
Bombs, nukes etc must have a shelf life and they are used just once..
where as engines, rifles etc daily/frequent used items.. actually its all about material science/metallurgy..
similarly Chian and russian aircraft/automobile engine's have short lives just because ok lack of this science...
amd processors easily get hotter comapred to intel processors bcz impurities in amd processors are not controlled that efficiently...

@Armstrong

Back
Top Bottom