What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
So today i actually shot both the FN Scar and the ARX100 (Civilian version of the ARX160 which many consider to be better than the follow on ARX200). The SCAR while heavier on the front end shot with far more ease and accuracy and with less recoil which was more predictable. It felt better in the hand vs the ARX and i wasn't as scrunched while shooting (this despite the ambidextrous capabilities of the ARX... AND IM LEFT HANDED). In 1 hr the ARX jammed 1x needing to clear a shell (mind you these were civilian guns (semi auto only) while the scar was smooth functioning the whole way through. This was in a controlled environment inside at a shooting range, and gramted i had never shot AR 15s before, but i felt quite confident with the scar. Id go with the SCAR any day.

Last edited:
There's a reason why I hardly write on this thread, its full with kids. CZ lost to AK-103, if it gets selected, it will have to do things other than 'performance in trials'. SCAR won the x51 trials by a wide margin, Italians are down to dirty tactics to win the tender. Before ideas, Army team visited Belgium and met with FN reps. @Oscar @balixd

Which basically means that certain generals and government members are going to have some cash transferred into their accounts pretty soon and their children will live in Dubai High rises and import S-classes here.

Congratulations to Ak-103 and Beretta.

There's a reason why I hardly write on this thread, its full with kids. CZ lost to AK-103, if it gets selected, it will have to do things other than 'performance in trials'. SCAR won the x51 trials by a wide margin, Italians are down to dirty tactics to win the tender. Before ideas, Army team visited Belgium and met with FN reps. @Oscar @balixd
Well I hope those rifles which have performed best in trials come. If SCAR H and AK-103 have performed best in their categories than I hope even if these companies have to bribe some of our officers who are demanding it than they should do. Because I know it sounds bad but we should first think of our soliders who is going to use these weapons. He should have best weapons not 2nd best or 3rd best. Corruption issue can dealt but first time to get best weapons. If AK-103 has performed best in trials than I hope that the high level Russian delegation which has arrived in Pakistan is for AK-103 and SCAR H if best in 7.62 x 51 replaces G3. @Horus

Speaking to people involved in the tender, though the SCAR did very well and was the favourite, because it had the trademark factor, but it's down side is its too damn expensive, even if license produced to scale.

I get the impression (could be wrong) that the PA is hesitant to spend so much money on a new rifle, when CZ is offering something just as good, and in the case of calibre conversion is much better than Scar.

In fact CZ is offering up front a ton of rifles for new recruits for orientation and SPEC OPS.

Also they are offering something priceless, a long term close relationship with upgrades, new tech.

The Italians have also sweetened the pot, but CZ have grabbed the tender by the goolies, it's theirs to lose now.
That's good news. Now waiting anxiously for the official confirmation

India Scared Again ! Lolllll MUST WATCH and SHARE. Neutral Assessment of Indo-Pak WAR. I request all Patriots to Share!

this video have flaws, as India also have T-90 in good numbers and upgraded T-72s supported by AH-64s gunships.

Pakistan to buy numerous AK-103 assault rifles to Russia
Pakistan is planning to purchase a big batch of AK-103 assault rifles manufactured by Russia’s Kalashnikov Corporation, a source in the Pakistani Defense Ministry told TASS at the Eurosatory 2016 defense and security international exhibition.

Pakistan_to_buy_numerous_AK_103_assault_rifles_to_russia_640_001.jpg

Kalashnikov AK-103 assault rifles

Read furhter details on the link given below

http://www.armyrecognition.com/june...3_assault_rifles_to_russia_tass_32106163.html

Old article but still relevant specially as @Horus has suggested that AK-103 was better in 7.62 x 39 category than CZ-807 BREN than this news could be true may for Anti Narcotics Force we are buying them.

Rafi bhai, let me jump in.

There are 2 caliber requirements.

1: 7.62x39 to replace Type-56, Bren didn't win those trials, their rifle malfunctioned multiple times. The trial was convincingly won by AK-103.

2. 7.62X51 to replace G-3.

SCAR-H won the tests by a considerable margin with ARX-200 stumbling behind.

Terms & Conditions : FN is offering full package, including full technology transfer, training, upgrading the factory tools, associated goodies like UBGLs, grips, even down to red dot sights. FN is also offering full rights to export the rifle after the Pakistani requirements have been satisfied. They are also offering 7.62X51 variant of the Minimi because that tender is also coming up. They have also presented their DMRs for tests.

Metallurgy - AK-103 is like a Tank, it works everytime. CZ couldn't beat it. Plus mags are interchangeable with other AKs and the soldiers don't need much training to operate it as its ergonomics are almost identical to Type56.
Same reason I don't respond to the thread either, plus i have been pretty busy with the work lately..........
You should know better that it is not all about the performance in the trails, Trails will just test the weapon system, the realy bargain will be ON the Table & Under the table

Although AK rifles are a Tank and rigorous, as I have fired x39 & 12g molot....these rifles are so rough and even charging handle will leave a bruise on your finger ---- Plus I just love the sound of racking back that charging handle on AK and letting it go :man_in_love:, but I would like to see Bren being selected.....It has a modular design, you can change the calibre/ barrel length & CZ would be on the bent to offer a better deal than Italians.......
as far as jamming is concerned than G-3 & T56 were never a perfect weapon system and nor is Colt M4......all mass produced rifles have there its & bits ------- with time and effort we can improve on that

my bro advise, better stay in hibernation just as am doing ---no point arguing over here

Same reason I don't respond to the thread either, plus i have been pretty busy with the work lately..........
You should know better that it is not all about the performance in the trails, Trails will just test the weapon system, the realy bargain will be ON the Table & Under the table

Although AK rifles are a Tank and rigorous, as I have fired x39 & 12g molot....these rifles are so rough and even charging handle will leave a bruise on your finger ---- Plus I just love the sound of racking back that charging handle on AK and letting it go :man_in_love:, but I would like to see Bren being selected.....It has a modular design, you can change the calibre/ barrel length & CZ would be on the bent to offer a better deal than Italians.......
as far as jamming is concerned than G-3 & T56 were never a perfect weapon system and nor is Colt M4......all mass produced rifles have there its & bits ------- with time and effort we can improve on that

my bro advise, better stay in hibernation just as am doing ---no point arguing over here
Well that is not fair you despite knowing what is going with the trials and now talks are keeping us guessing. If BREN had passed the tests also and that too with good margin well I have no issue with it coming on 7.62 X 39 caliber. But few months ago there were reports that Pakistan has ordered large number of AK-103 so no idea for which force we ordered those if we ordered them. Secondly what is the situation in 7.62 X 51 category. According to @Horus SCAR H was best but now Berreta is down to dirty games so what news you have Sir @balixd. By the way AK also revealed upgraded AK-103 few years ago
oboronexpo14-3.jpg

Well that is not fair you despite knowing what is going with the trials and now talks are keeping us guessing. If BREN had passed the tests also and that too with good margin well I have no issue with it coming on 7.62 X 39 caliber. But few months ago there were reports that Pakistan has ordered large number of AK-103 so no idea for which force we ordered those if we ordered them. Secondly what is the situation in 7.62 X 51 category. According to @Horus SCAR H was best but now Berreta is down to dirty games so what news you have Sir @balixd. By the way AK also revealed upgraded AK-103 few years ago
oboronexpo14-3.jpg

The guns have been discussed to death, now what good is any inside news ?? There will be no change in the performance of the guns if members of this forum are told about the decision earlier. With time Pakistan army will reveal the results and why it chose the gun. Give it a break and wait for official results

The guns have been discussed to death, now what good is any inside news ?? There will be no change in the performance of the guns if members of this forum are told about the decision earlier. With time Pakistan army will reveal the results and why it chose the gun. Give it a break and wait for official results
The real question is which Rifles have performed best in our trials and which are we going to select to replace out Type 56 and G3.

View attachment 361322
As Ak-103 came to the discussion out of no where,this pic had to be posted.
Is this picture from Pakistani trials ???? and sorry but AK-103 was among top 5 Rifles which we initially started testing to replace our G3 and Type 56. Although I have reservations on AK-103 because of it being 25 years old but Russian weapons perform best in extreme temperatures.

Since optics have been coming up quite a bit in the discussion, any idea which optics companies are being considered? The big ones in the reflexive sights (red-dot) industry are Meopta (Czech Republic), Steiner (Italy), Aimpoint (USA), and SIG Sauer (Germany). From what I recall, the average price of reflexive sights from these companies range from $350 to $450. There are also many very low-cost vendors too, but I'm not sure if professional users in the armed forces or law enforcement buy those ones.

Since optics have been coming up quite a bit in the discussion, any idea which optics companies are being considered? The big ones in the reflexive sights (red-dot) industry are Meopta (Czech Republic), Steiner (Italy), Aimpoint (USA), and SIG Sauer (Germany). From what I recall, the average price of reflexive sights from these companies range from $350 to $450. There are also many very low-cost vendors too, but I'm not sure if professional users in the armed forces or law enforcement buy those ones.

(Aimpoint is Swedish!)
Hazrat @Zarvan is in knowledge about some Turkish offering in reflex type optics maybe he can shed some light on their offerings?

Back
Top Bottom