What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Pakistan has signed MOU with Belgium today at IDEAS. Is it for SCAR ?

Cx3ie1rXEAAeZMT.jpg

Last edited:
@Zarvan

You wrote: "MPT 76 was tested but we were not satisfied"

Can you elaborate? I respect fully the decisions of brother nation Pakistan whatever she choses and is for her best.

I just like to hear at which points there was no satisfaction with the MPT 76, we should hear it from brothers and try to perfect it.

I believe some insider might know the details of the trials, but as far as we know CZ Bren and FN SCAR went through trials in the final stages. However today an MOU was signed between POF and Belgium, so I believe its FN SCAR.

PM is holding CZ BREN 7,62x39 most probably.
Last leak of information is that CZ went exceptionally well in trials with 7,62x51. Second day IDEAS they might be signing some agreement with POF. I´ve heard it has beaten SCAR in accuracy by far.

Let´s see what will happen but it is certain we have 3 competitors

I believe some insider might know the details of the trials, but as far as we know CZ Bren and FN SCAR went through trials in the final stages. However today an MOU was signed between POF and Belgium, so I believe its FN SCAR.
I am also trying to get that confirmed

A new rifle may bring improved reliability and capability in the field but what about ancillaries?

For example what about sights and optics. Both for day and night capability. Are there any plans for this as well?

A nice looking rifle is one thing but relying on the iron sights will not improve a soldiers war fighting ability.

according to military technology

CZ have been shortlisted along with FN, Barretta and HK

according to Head of Sports and Display Team Jakub Sondel

A batch of 30 rifles have been provided for the test and user trials, firing ammunition provided by Pakistan. “The test conditions have been very comprehensive: the BREN2 has performed in the Himalayas, in a desert environment at up to 54°C, in marine conditions near Karachi and in a wide variety of specific test scenarios
http://www.miltechmag.com/2016/09/cz-shortlisted-for-pakistani-order.html

CZ Shortlisted for Pakistani Order

Celebrating its 80th year in business in 2016, Czech arms manufacturer Ceska zbrojovka a.s. (CZ) has been shortlisted as a contender for a requirement for one million assault rifles from the Pakistani Armed Forces.

Talking to international media at the company’s headquarters in Uhersky Brod on 8 September, Head of Sports and Display Team Jakub Sondel revealed that the newly developed CZ 805 BREN2 assault rifle, in 5.56 x45 NATO calibre, has been under evaluation in Pakistan since the beginning of 2016. A batch of 30 rifles have been provided for the test and user trials, firing ammunition provided by Pakistan. “The test conditions have been very comprehensive: the BREN2 has performed in the Himalayas, in a desert environment at up to 54°C, in marine conditions near Karachi and in a wide variety of specific test scenarios,” he said.

Surely one of the largest small arms contracts to be awarded in the foreseeable future, the Pakistani competition includes a requirement for technology transfer and licence manufacture – a scenario Sondel asserts lies at the heart of CZ’s continuing development strategy. The results to date have been very encouraging and we have every reason to believe we are a very strong contender for this order,” he said, adding that other manufacturers remaining in the competition include Beretta, FN Herstal and Heckler & Koch.

The BREN2 is the standard rifle of the Czech Army and a new generation of the weapon has been developed over the last three years, featuring advanced ergonomics and a significantly lower weight. Approval of the new generation by the Czech military came within the last two months, according to Sondel.

Posted by MILITARY TECHNOLOGY at 07:20

http://www.miltechmag.com/2016/09/cz-shortlisted-for-pakistani-order.html

Back
Top Bottom