What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
The shoes, the camo, the ruk sack, the pads etc are all Pakistani. Reports of SSW having accepted SCAR as FN2000 replacement also out there...

15032174_1281013311966602_6565652399835936402_n.jpg

15095646_1281246888609911_8615287168109758177_n.jpg

Are they Marines or which unit ?
@Arsalan @Horus @Path-Finder

SSW.

A good detailed documentary on beretta defence technology (45 mins). Gives an overview of the four main companies under BDT:
Beretta (small arms and assault rifles manufacturer which is the maker of Arx 200),
Steiner (optics and sights manufacturer from germany),
Sako (sniper rifles and ammunitions manufacturer)
and Benelli ( shotguns and other tactical arms).
Over 500 years of history in making arms.

You can find little glimpses of the ARX 200 design and development in the video. Some good 3 to 4 minutes testing footage of ARX 200 in the end from 38:00 This is the only action footage of arx 200 I could find on the internet. SCAR H has many reviews and videos availabe from their US users on youtube.
Based on the footage the recoile seems quite controllable with no upward or sideways movement. I would assume accuracy should be as good as SCAR H if not better.

Regards

Last edited:
A good detailed documentary on beretta defence technology (45 mins). Gives an overview of the four main companies under BDT:
Beretta (small arms and assault rifles manufacturer which is the maker of Arx 200),
Steiner (optics and sights manufacturer from germany),
Sako (sniper rifles and ammunitions manufacturer)
and Benelli ( shotguns and other tactical arms).
Over 500 years of history in making arms.

You can find little glimpses of the ARX 200 design and development in the video. Some good 3 to 4 minutes testing footage of ARX 200 in the end from 38:00 This is the only action footage of arx 200 I could find on the internet. SCAR H has many reviews and videos availabe from their US users.
Based on the footage the recoile seems quite controllable with no upward or sideways movement. I would assume accuracy should be as good as SCAR H if not better.

Regards

If Berreta is also giving permission to export than I think POF should produce both SCAR and Berreta we can export both Rifles and make lot of money.

m416-jpg.299790

What's the difference between them?

FN SCAR®-H TPR

1.png

Introduction

FN Herstal’s SCAR® precision rifle is the latest addition to the FN SCAR® family.

Utilizing the proven operating system and modular architecture found elsewhere in the FN SCAR® family, the FN SCAR® precision rifle incorporates features seldom found in a semi-auto precision rifle, and retains the same performances as an assault rifle at shorter ranges.

The FN SCAR® precision rifle is durable yet lightweight, and guarantees rapid and accurate fire at long and close ranges.

The FN SCAR® precision rifle is available with a foldable buttstock (FN SCAR®-H PR model) or with a non-foldable precision buttstock (FN SCAR®-H TPR model).

Benefits
  • Enhanced Ergonomics
Compared to traditional precision rifles, the FN SCAR® precision rifle is lightweight (4.5 kg without accessories).

The FN SCAR®-H PR features a foldable buttstock - identical to the FN SCAR® assault rifle -, which makes the precision rifle compact and easy to handle in confined areas, such as patrol vehicles. When in folded position, the weapon does not exceed 816mm in length, and is still in firing position. The buttstock is also adjustable in length (6 positions) and height (2 positions) to accommodate respectively operator’s body armor and web gear, and operator’s head position when using iron, optical or electronic sights. These adjustments are retained after folding and unfolding the buttstock.

The FN SCAR®-H TPR features a non-foldable durable precision buttstock that can also be adjusted in length and in height to the operator’s preference, and has an elastomer-covered, sloped cheek rest for improved comfort.

• High Accuracy
The FN SCAR® precision rifle features a free-floating 20” heavy barrel and a two-stage trigger module (Match type), ensuring longer effective range and higher accuracy (1.5 MoA at a distance of 600 meters).

The precision rifle features an extended top MIL-STD 1913 rail molded in the monolithic aluminum receiver. Barrel can therefore be removed and replaced by the operator for cleaning and maintenance operations with no impact on previously established zero. The top rail is 575mm long and can accept in-line night and day sights.

• Enhanced Comfort
The FN SCAR® precision rifle features a 90° firing selector, and manual safety can be engaged with hammer de-cocked for improved safety.

• Reduced Costs
Commonality of training and components throughout the FN SCAR® family simplifies operator training and maintenance.

Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all product photographs, descriptions and specifications on this website are accurate. However, inadvertent errors may occur, and changes in design or materials, due to our continual effort to improve products, may result in some change in specifications before subsequent publications are issued. FN Herstal, S.A. reserves the right to modify or change specifications without notice.

http://www.fnherstal.com/primary-me.../product/875/878/875/36/_/fn-scarR-h-tpr.html

FN SCAR - SSR Mk.20 Mod.0 / Sniper Support Rifle (USA)

FN SCAR - SSR Mk.20 Mod.0 / Sniper Support Rifle

Caliber

7,62x51 NATO (.308 Win)

Action

Semi-automatic, gas operated

Overall length

1028 mm

Barrel length

508 mm

Weight

5,05 kg

Magazine capacity

20 rounds

The FN SCAR Mk.20 Mod.0 SSR / Sniper Support Rifle is the latest offspring of the Special Forces Combat Assault Rifles (SCAR) family, developed for US Special Operations command (US SOCOM) by US-based subsidiary of the famous Belgian small arms-making company FN Herstal. The FN SCAR-SSR Mk.20 Mod.0 Sniper Support Rifle is based on the 7,62mm Mk.17 Mod.0 SCAR-H rifle, and is designed to provide accurate and rapid semi-automatic fire at ranges beyond capabilities of the standard 5,56mm assault rifles currently in service. It can be used as a Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR), as a tactical equivalent of the famous Russian Dragunov SVD rifle, or as a weapon for a 2nd member (spotter) of a conventional sniper team, where the 1st member is armed with long-range and precise, but relatively slow-firing weapon such as XM2010 ESR (hence the moniker “Sniper Support Rifle”).

Manufacturer claims that FN SCAR-SSR Mk.20 Mod.0 Sniper Support Rifle will deliver sub-MOA accuracy at ranges of up to 1000 yards (910 meters), assuming that proper sniper-grade ammunition is used.

The FN SCAR-SSR Mk.20 Mod.0 Sniper Support Rifle is already cleared for fielding by US SOCOM. It is interesting to note that Mk.20 SCAR-SSR rifle appears to be direct competitor to the Mk.11 Mod.1 / M110 Semi-automatic Sniper rifles, currently fielded by US military.

The FN SCAR-SSR Mk.20 Mod.0 Sniper Support Rifle is gas-operated, semi-automatic weapon. It uses short-stroke gas piston, located above the barrel, and rotating bolt locking with dual front lugs. It is based on the Mk.17 Mod.0 SCAR-H rifle (stated parts commonality with parent Mk.17 SCAR-H rifle is about 60%), but uses extended aluminum alloy upper receiver, special barrel extension and enhanced trigger. It also uses same 20-round detachable box magazines. The precision-made barrel has special profile and is fitted with flash hider, which also serves as a quick-detachable suppressor (silencer) mounting point. The shoulder stock is of fixed (non-folding) design and has adjustable buttplate and cheek rest. Like all other rifles in the FN SCAR family, SCAR-SSR rifle is provided with integral Picatinny rail on top of the receiver, with additional rail attached to the extended forend. It can be fitted with detachable back-up iron sights and any type of optical or IR/Night sight, which is suitable for planned mission.

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sniper-rifles/usa/fn-scar-ssr-mk20-mod0-e.html

If Berreta is also giving permission to export than I think POF should produce both SCAR and Berreta we can export both Rifles and make lot of money.
zarvan this is what I have been trying to say for a while that Baretta offers a complete system that as a package makes sense, where as you say buy a rifle and then buy scopes/optics separately and other gizmos separately where Beretta is a complete package. glad you have finally agreed to it.

I think that is extremely unfeasable and cost prohibitive. I think purpose of POF, or any othe army run manufacturing org is to meet our armed forces needs primarily; exports are secondary. SCAR H and ARX meet the same requirement of 7.62 battle rifle ( both quite comparable in performance and quality).
Why not just produce and export SCAR H only? After having SCAR H is there a need to have ARX in Pakistan: NO. So why spend millions of dollars to manufacture ARX just for some additional potential exports?? And if we are in the exporting business why not just export SCAR H? Similar arguments can be made for producing ARX only if we end up choosing it instead of SCAR.
It has taken PA so long to even start the process of replacing a 1960 G3 ... and from that PA wont jump to producing two new expensive battle rifles. No country in the world, even rich ones, would ever do this.

Regards

Last edited:
The lower one is CZ BREN in 7,62x51 with Meopta sight
No mate, it is not CZ. Both are SCAR.

are they Colombian? I doubt they are but thought ill ask
Hein.... what makes you think that? OR ask that? :)
No they are Colombians. :)

Just cant figure out the exact military wing they are from. The uniform is a new one or at least i cannot remember it. It is not of the Marines, neither SSW. Not so sure about that.

No mate, it is not CZ. Both are SCAR.

Hein.... what makes you think that? OR ask that? :)
No they are Colombians. :)

Just cant figure out the exact military wing they are from. The uniform is a new one or at least i cannot remember it. It is not of the Marines, neither SSW. Not so sure about that.
I have also seen this Uniform in use of Pakistan but also finding it hard to figure it out which one. But Horus is insisting that they are not Pakistanis.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom