What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
CZ Shortlisted for Pakistani Order

Celebrating its 80th year in business in 2016, Czech arms manufacturer Ceska zbrojovka a.s. (CZ) has been shortlisted as a contender for a requirement for one million assault rifles from the Pakistani Armed Forces.

Talking to international media at the company’s headquarters in Uhersky Brod on 8 September, Head of Sports and Display Team Jakub Sondel revealed that the newly developed CZ 805 BREN2 assault rifle, in 5.56 x45 NATO calibre, has been under evaluation in Pakistan since the beginning of 2016. A batch of 30 rifles have been provided for the test and user trials, firing ammunition provided by Pakistan. “The test conditions have been very comprehensive: the BREN2 has performed in the Himalayas, in a desert environment at up to 54°C, in marine conditions near Karachi and in a wide variety of specific test scenarios,” he said.

Surely one of the largest small arms contracts to be awarded in the foreseeable future, the Pakistani competition includes a requirement for technology transfer and licence manufacture – a scenario Sondel asserts lies at the heart of CZ’s continuing development strategy. The results to date have been very encouraging and we have every reason to believe we are a very strong contender for this order,” he said, adding that other manufacturers remaining in the competition include Beretta, FN Herstal and Heckler & Koch.

The BREN2 is the standard rifle of the Czech Army and a new generation of the weapon has been developed over the last three years, featuring advanced ergonomics and a significantly lower weight. Approval of the new generation by the Czech military came within the last two months, according to Sondel.

Posted by MILITARY TECHNOLOGY at 07:20

http://www.miltechmag.com/2016/09/cz-shortlisted-for-pakistani-order.html

5.56 NATO calibre , that's a massive change if true

15094885_688245051348733_7477509117134730284_n.jpg

15178959_688245034682068_6575160863542744807_n.jpg

SCAR is sheer beauty
reminds me of my face

No we haven't 4 Rifles are in competition and soon we would know who won

I think it entered late that is we may see another winter trials to determine which Rifle performs best @Arsalan It seem my source was right on Rifles going for another winter trial taking place. @Path-Finder
Not ALL of them as i told you earlier plus not very critical step that. Two top priorities and one Second priority already forwarded and the second priority is also met our requirements. It is one of these that is likely to be selected. The winter trials are not part of a full blown selection process but there might be evaluation of some specific features of just some specific guns. Dont know how much more is available and thus can be shared so that is all that should be said for now.

I am trying to get full info, but from past discussions with some links to insiders, it may seem that cz bren has been selected as smg replacement for ak-47. Army was for past few years trying to replace ak 47s.

If so, then race for assault rifle is still on.

Pak army still going with a 2 tier system, 1 smg option to replace ak47s and mp5s and 2nd an assault rifle.

I will try to get more info.

I am trying to get full info, but from past discussions with some links to insiders, it may seem that cz bren has been selected as smg replacement for ak-47. Army was for past few years trying to replace ak 47s.

Pak army still going with a 2 tier system, 1 smg option to replace ak47s and mp5s and 2nd an assault rifle.

Thank you Sir !!! Please try to get more information because confusion is now becoming hilarious also raising questions on credibility of whole process. @Rafi

This means CZ will replace Type56 & MP5 with CZ BREN and CZ Scorpion 9x19 Submachine Gun. meanwhile the battle between SCAR & ARX200 is still ongoing. @Zarvan

assumption, most of his facts originate from other members of this forum.
MPT 76 is not being considered. It was even tested before these Rifle Trials begun. It wasn't satisfying not even close

MPT 76 is not being considered. It was even tested before these Rifle Trials begun. It wasn't satisfying not even close
See, that's an assumption. If our military could select everything on the basis of satisfaction, the world would've been a better place.

according to the MKEK Rep in IDEAS it still is in the competition! so let's not assume things out of thin air and wait for final decision!!!

Back
Top Bottom