What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
The final decision will be made based on a number of parameters and the performance is just one of them. I am not sure if was talking about quality/performance alone (seem unlikely as SCAR is an excellent gun and not sure how it could be left behind any on performance bases) of was he talking about the whole induction process and the decision making (again unlikely as a guy working in the production may not be aware of any development on this front). May be you can talk to him again. :)
OR
The best thing will be to just wait and see.

He also told us that CZ Bren didn't do great in 7.62x51, they fell off, but later returned with modified gun. Also new players from US, Turkey and Swiss entered the game. According to him in accuracy tests M77 was shoulder to shoulder with SCAR and Bereta. There is also no need to mention that Zastava rifles based on AK are well made and reliable. Area in which Zastava M77 certainly falls behind competition is rifle ergonomics, but on the other hand it's 700$ rifle, compared for example with 2000$+ when we talk about SCAR.

Is AK-103 the one which got selected ? Is this the bad news ? @F.O.X @Arsalan @Tipu7 @Sulman Badshah
I wont worry about that too much!
The possibility to change the decision is there from what i have learned about the induction approach. The selection being made right now is not confirmed for whole army but will be a most likely candidate for sure. The final decision will be made once a batch is produced and inducted. After that we will decide either to keep with the same gun and equip all units or to change to a new one.

A very sensible and mature approach i would say. Shows how real military procurement must be done to the fanboys.

I wont worry about that too much!
The possibility to change the decision is there from what i have learned about the induction approach. The selection being made right now is not confirmed for whole army but will be a most likely candidate for sure. The final decision will be made once a batch is produced and inducted. After that we will decide either to keep with the same gun and equip all units or to change to a new one.

A very sensible and mature approach i would say. Shows how real military procurement must be done to the fanboys.
You mean inducting with one brigade test Gun and if not like that than again entire process will be repeated

You mean inducting with one brigade test Gun and if not like that than again entire process will be repeated
I mean inducting in batches. Getting a few thousand and distributing them. If the results and performance comes back satisfactory continue with production or else opt for some new option based on all this current learning experience. The real though processing behind such an approach is the love for an indigenous systems that can be found in hearts of people, some of them in position of some influence. This is the best way to pursue that option if we want/need and choose to.

P1000843.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

716-Patrol-left-side-courtesy-ghostfirearms.com_.jpg

Mate check wiki of Pakistan army military equipment apparently ak-103 is going to replace g3 :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom