What's new

Pakistan's plans for 5th generation

From my point of view we should try to develop a fighter indeginously without anyones help. India has tied LCA and we make missiles so why not a modern jet.:flag:
Does JF-17 ring a bell ? Also the jf-17 is just to gve some experinence to our engienners, the real planes will be coming later on in the future.

no flame. but friends i just wana ask that will plaaf will also induct the fc-1. because there were reports that plaaf dont want this plane and more interested in j-10. what u think?

no flame. but friends i just wana ask that will plaaf will also induct the fc-1. because there were reports that plaaf dont want this plane and more interested in j-10. what u think?

Vijay.
Cina has committed to buying somewhere between 150-250( different reports)JF 17s. Their problem remains that their philosophy appears to be of jets with longer range, hence their interest lies in J10, and SUs. However they have a huge no.s of J7s, A5,s which will need replacing. Whether there is any role for JF17 as a replacement plane is something that needs to be seen. However their main emphasis is on J10 at the moment.
Regards
Araz

China is commited to buying 250 but, my geuss is that the numbers can easily go over 400. China is no super power or rich nation, it cant afford to have 500-600 hundred sukhoi's and 500-1000 J-10. The maintanence alone of these fighters will take a large bite out of the chinese airforces budget. So the only fighter left to procure is the jf-17 reason? Its cheap, highly versatile, easy to maintain, etc... But still not as good as the J-10

As for pakistan's future plans for a 5th generation fighter,trust me if I were the leader of Pakistan I would start focussing for the future and not the past. The F-16 is getting obsolete everyday at the same time India is going for much more advanced fighters. We cant match the IAF quantitative wise then we can try to be better than them qualitative wise. To do this we need to scrape the F-16 deal and start investing in future projects such as China's j-xx program

Instead of buying something like the China's 5th Gen J-xx fighter why not join the program instead and obtain the benefits like transfer of technology? Let's face it, U.S. is not going to be selling Pakistan any F35s anytime soon so its time to look elsewhere.

If India can get their hands on full TOT on the Russian PAK-FA perhaps then why not Pakistan do the same too in an own 5th gen fighter program with Chinese support? :toast:

Instead of buying the something like the China's 5th Gen J-xx fighter why not join the program instead and obtain the benefits like transfer of technology? Let's face it, U.S. is not going to be selling Pakistan any F35s anytime soon so its time to look elsewhere.

If India can get their hands on full TOT on the Russian PAK-FA perhaps then why not Pakistan do the same too in an own 5th gen fighter program with Chinese support? :toast:

Yes I agree with you but lets trie to be relistic here. There is a high (90%) chance pakistan will buy the J-xx in the future but joining a highly technological project as the J-xx requirs alot of cash and brains. India wont be making its own fighters anytime in the future let alone a fake russian fighter that russia wont be even getting

I have read that there is a stealth version of J-10. WOW!!!

A stealthy version of the J-10 and an Indian Butterfly aircraft? Where do get your info from? :angry:

China have enough problems already just to integrate a decent EW equipment onto J-10, the WS-10 engine still needs alot more time to develop and air-to-ground capabilities is still lacking on the current fighter. A stealth version?..not yet, but maybe you are referring to another Chinese project, the JXX. :google:

The whole Indian Butterfly plane, no coment..Haha. :D

Oh, yeah, the LCA (last chance aircraft) hehe he's right. :sick: :lol:

Thank You Web Master for verifying my MCA claim. I appreciate it.

Moo brother the J 10 stealth version is a plan and i have read it on Wikipedia.

Back
Top Bottom