What's new

Pakistan's plans for 5th generation

Munir said:
Most nations will never release their best project to press.

they dont have to show it, most of the time the press sniffs it out.

Munir said:
Most nations will never release their best project to press. So if J10 is now shown as often as possible one can be assured that there are several other projects in advanced settings. The Chinese do have their own Area 51. Those highly detailled CG are not done bu someone with millions hours time...

the china's area 51 is Airforce Base No. 1.:)

melb4aust said:
But i again i would like to remind you about Thunder, thats was an incomplete project as well. It went extremely successful unlikely LCA. And who knows, they may have already benn working on JXX.

Few Chinese people can provide more info about that.:coffee:

any source about 4th gen. fighter is secret and strictly controlled. the people who reveal them will be put in prisons.

we can only view some technical reports and disquisitions in material and electronics to estimate the possible progress, such as stealth coating, composition material, engine, radar and a-a missle seekers.

usually, when us press releases news about taiwan issues and the news are regarded as threat to china, china will impliedly release some info about its much progress in some weapons.

It's good that China doesn't reveal too much.

:army:

during my google, i found indian MCA.

The twin-engined Medium Combat Aircraft (MCA) is a stealthy 5th generation combat aircraft optimised for strike missions. It will complement Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) and Su-30MKI as India's 2nd line of strike fighter jets. If given the go-ahead, it should fly before 2010 and be inducted by 2015. Right now it is only a concept.

http://www.india-defence.com/specifications/fighters/58

looks like a kite:buck:

Neo said:
Dude,

J-XX is stealth, how on earth can you compare the development of JF-17 with a gen 5 stealth fighter?? :confused:

Yaar you can have a plane devloped in les then 5 years if needed, in both world wars, both sides were devloping planes like there is no tomorrow. And now don't tell me that it's because those planes were made out of wodd etc, in their times they were the F-22 of their times. So if needed, we can have a fighter devloped in a short time.

Good to have you back Thunder, where've you been hiding?

I dounbt if a stealth plane can be developped in five years from the drawing table. If a technological superpower like the US needed more than a decade to develop JSF, its still in testing phase.

empty talk - boast the country's morale - fake sense of pride can go a long way if u dupe everybody

There Was A Hint Some Time Back That Russia Might Allow Us To Buy Planes If So Can We Get The Su-34 0r Su-37?

Thunder said:
Yaar you can have a plane devloped in les then 5 years if needed, in both world wars, both sides were devloping planes like there is no tomorrow. And now don't tell me that it's because those planes were made out of wodd etc, in their times they were the F-22 of their times. So if needed, we can have a fighter devloped in a short time.

You know the amount of money that would take? And have an impact on unit costs?

can someone please post some news regarding the j-xx it looks realy good from what i saw in CDF but its not a 5th generation fighter jet as far as i know though its surely looks like an advanced 4th generation fighter jet but would like to know more about this bird which when done will no doubt add the needed grace to P.A.F INSHA'ALLAH

Good to have you back Thunder, where've you been hiding?

I dounbt if a stealth plane can be developped in five years from the drawing table. If a technological superpower like the US needed more than a decade to develop JSF, its still in testing phase.
Thanks bro, was'nt really hiding, just lazy.
You know the amount of money that would take? And have an impact on unit costs
As for the topic, well the reason F-22 was devloped so late was becasue they know that it's chanalger won't come till 2015. They can take all their sweet time.

i doubt that thing could turn.....

The MCA is supposed to be a stealthy tail less plane. The indians were recently begging Boeing to give them the plans and the tech details for the YF-23 (the F-22 RAPTOR was chosen). I seriously doubt the MCA will fly before the year 2050...let them induct the LCA,Arjun, Dhruv etc first :cheers:

Well from my point of view, Pakistan is not going to have the 5th generation fighter any time soon. It will most likely have the 5th generation fighter when the United States will be closed to developing a 6th generation fighter platform.

Possible candidates will rise in the future, and there will be broad availablities including JSF, J-13/14/XX in the future. The only way we can hope for a best 5th generation fighter is by having a good economy, while through all that time we will be using J-10, JF-17, and F-16 as the front line aircrafts.

But one wonders after India picks up its MRCA what would Pakistan do to counter it, or is there no need to counter it, and we can meet our requirements just by J-10, JF-17 and F-16.

From my point of view we should try to develop a fighter indeginously without anyones help. India has tied LCA and we make missiles so why not a modern jet.:flag:

Back
Top Bottom