What's new

Pakistan’s PL-15 Missile Equipped JF-17 Block 3 is a Serious Game Changer - How India Can Respond to

Good initiative for af but most importantly fighter jet radar has to compliment with missile range for example thunder has a range of 200 and pl 15 has 400 range is useless because its aircraft has has to track enemies far as misile range i hope u get my point the far jet seas the better it is

Good initiative for af but most importantly fighter jet radar has to compliment with missile range for example thunder has a range of 200 and pl 15 has 400 range is useless because its aircraft has has to track enemies far as misile range i hope u get my point the far jet seas the better it is

Is PL-15 Data Link capable with AWACS?

can’t PAF fire based on the data feed
From an awacs ? Pl-15 does have its own data link which can be updated by the awacs?

kv

Suggestion to the PAF carry these inside a 747 and use the awacs to fire these.

there was a similar test to use b-1b as aerial super fortress fire based on designation from a f-22

kv

Don't take people in PAF to be dumb enough to know the fact. There is always a catch. We might not have that information available with us in public domain but we have seen PAF operate on a level that is kind of unprecedented. 27 Feb is a clear cut example of that.

From an awacs ? Pl-15 does have its own data link which can be updated by the awacs?

kv
for KL-7A AESA has a range of over 200 km ,its a miss conception that KLJ-7A AESA has MAX range of 170 KM, Chinese websites (AVIC) clearly state KLJ-7A has range of 170 km against the Ariel targets of 5 meter square, so against the enemy's main jets like MKI/M-2000/Mig-29/RAFALE, KLJ-7A has longer range than 170 km to detect and track

Not AWACS, I am not aware of any operational AWACS that operates at frequencies high enough to provide targeting data to an AAM. Other fighter assets via satellite comms sure, but then defeats the purpose of a missile with 700 km range - hence, doesn’t make sense.
grip 3.jpg

After 5 years, situation will surely gonna to change. Since, you are just taking about
PAF then me give possible response from IAF..

1. Su 30 mki and mig 29 UPG with R77 M ( range 197 km).
2. Upgraded Mirage 2000 with meteor missiles (more likely)
3. Rafale with meteor missiles
4. Half Tejas mk1a - 80 planes with Astra --2 ( range 150-200) missiles from 2025
So, I don't find any advantage of PAF over IAF.
Paper Tiger.

kv
The pic shown in post 281 is technology in early 2000's, i think 2006, its 2020 now so hopefully PL-15 can be data linked to ZDK-03 and JF-17 can fire PL-15 WITHOUT using own radar.

@ziaulislam, this is for you too since you asked me somewhere how can JF-17 Block II fire Pl-15 without a long range radar like AESA for Block-III.

Not AWACS, I am not aware of any operational AWACS that operates at frequencies high enough to provide targeting data to an AAM. Other fighter assets via satellite comms sure, but then defeats the purpose of a missile with 700 km range - hence, doesn’t make sense.
Well, the KJ-500 can guide 48 AAM's. Besides the point, the fighter can receive information via awacs and relay that to the missile. i have discussed this in my post history,

Well if your source for the SAAB info-graphic is reliable then I stand corrected.
Its technically possible to guide BVR via AWACS, ask your countrymen and professional @gambit and its not difficult either to guide BVR via AWACS

Why not? It's such a potent deterrent especially after two slayings on 2/27

dont think we need Ultra long range missiles

we aren't going to be taking out long range bombers over vast distances

nor AWACSs for that mater

Back
Top Bottom