What's new

Pakistan’s PL-15 Missile Equipped JF-17 Block 3 is a Serious Game Changer - How India Can Respond to

Another extended range meteor style AAM is in in-house development.
In-house development with the PLAAF?
It was a bvr kill brother, I don't think a hud video is possible, considering the fact that our ac did not leave our own air space.
The strike package (Mirages and Thunders) did, though, right? PAF pilots claimed on record in the official Mujahideen e Aflak ko Salaam program before ambassadors and military attaches that they tried to lure IAF. Could that be done while staying in our airspace?

Last edited:
Not sure, but I'd wager the missile in question is either a cruising missile or an AAM. It's hard to tell as there's no way to tell its size relative to anything. @JamD

I really don’t think it’s an AAM based off of the image, unless we were shown a weird angle which distorted the proportions significantly
View attachment 765452

Dont forget Amraams Aim 120c5 behind this sparrow Aim7, which gave hell to IAF 2 years ago.

Pakistan has HUD videos of Su30MkI being shot down, its not released on Russias request. Both Indian Su30MKI pilots died in that aerial combat.
That’s an AIM-120B/A.

So the big question is, is there an irst on block 3 ?
Or even better
Distributed Aperture System

I've mentioned this in previous posts, but the change from UV based MAWS to more sensitive IR based MAWS providing all round detection could in theory negate the need for an IRST, in a similar manner as the DAS on the F-35. However, this all depends on the quality of the IR MAWS on the Block III and the appropriate onboard processing.

Vijainder Thakur is not a reliable source when it comes to air to air missiles

UK top military think tank RUSI has clarified why Meteor is indeed better than PL-15

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

ElzUaRDU0AEpLsb

Link to report:
Royal United Services Institute is the world's oldest Defence think tank (150-170 years) and is also one of the best.

UK top military think tank RUSI has clarified why Meteor is indeed better than PL-15

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

ElzUaRDU0AEpLsb

Link to report:
Royal United Services Institute is the world's oldest Defence think tank (150-170 years) and is also one of the best.

Seems like some people are getting very worried.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

ElzUaRDU0AEpLsb

Link to report:
200km range... if it is the range fired from a supersonic bird, from max altitude, in a ballistic mode (ie no turn) and against a target on the ground level, it is a useless range. In such a situation Meteor can reach more than 300km.
The sole realy interesting data is the NEZ. Those of AMRAAM is in the 15-30km depending of the model. Those of Meteor is at least 60km. PL15?

Idk how you guys are talking ‘NEZ’ which is pretty much a marketing term and highly highly classified across the board lol
It's not a marketing data (not invented ly Lockeed Martin...).
It's the sole and impartial data to compare missiles.
It is highly secret, but there are some leaks here and here. For the Meteor the common information is " > 60km ". ie 61km... 65, 70, .... 80?

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

ElzUaRDU0AEpLsb

Link to report:

From the same article:

China has developed J-11 and J-16 series Flanker derivatives featuring AESA radars, new datalinks, improved EW systems and increased use of composites, which give them a superior level of overall combat capability to the latest Russian Flanker, the Su-35S.

Not that I agree with the assessment, but you can't just pick and choose you know.

It's not a marketing data (not invented ly Lockeed Martin...).
It's the sole and impartial data to compare missiles.
It is highly secret, but there are some leaks here and here. For the Meteor the common information is " > 60km ". ie 61km... 65, 70, .... 80?
Please show me these leaks. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom