What's new

Pakistan’s PL-15 Missile Equipped JF-17 Block 3 is a Serious Game Changer - How India Can Respond to

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Was not a surface-to-air missile system one of three weapons being developed under Project AZM?

This video showed us a fifth generation aircraft, a MALE UAV, and this ramjet missile. I am pretty sure this missile is the SAM, which was supposed to developed under Project AZM.
Not sure, but I'd wager the missile in question is either a cruising missile or an AAM. It's hard to tell as there's no way to tell its size relative to anything. @JamD

The very reason that it looks like YJ12 and that it was declared in 2017 MODP year book that an indigenous ASCM is under development we thought that its that.

But now a credible member is saying that a ram-jet AAM is underdevelopment and the fact that the video is from Air Force and related to their RnD setup could mean that it’s an AAM.
Who is saying this

Not sure, but I'd wager the missile in question is either a cruising missile or an AAM. It's hard to tell as there's no way to tell its size relative to anything. @JamD
FYI
Also, at the risk of being tinder to the fanboy flames: I was pleasantly surprised to find out that there is work on solid fuel ramjets being carried out locally. It sounded in its very early stages (simulations and feasibilities) but is definitely there. Could be a product in 10 years. Could fizzle out too.

Also, I doubt AvRID currently has any capability to develop an AAM. Very safely the domain of AWC.

FYI

Also, I doubt AvRID currently has any capability to develop an AAM. Very safely the domain of AWC.
The picture is from AWC.

1628600945247.png

FYI

My hunch tells me that the likeliest project to materialize is the cruising missile for the Navy. It's possible that there's an air-to-surface variant of it in the works too. While an AAM could be under development, it may be a more complex undertaking -- i.e., smaller, requires a seeker, etc.

is there any Block 3 pic out there. i need a dose of excitement to get out of severe depression. help me fiends.. :)

The picture is from AWC.

View attachment 768681
How can you tell?
My hunch tells me that the likeliest project to materialize is the cruising missile for the Navy. It's possible that there's an air-to-surface variant of it in the works too. While an AAM could be under development, it may be a more complex undertaking -- i.e., smaller, requires a seeker, etc.
Right, I think so too. From what I know AAM is a distant prospect.
is there any Block 3 pic out there. i need a dose of excitement to get out of severe depression. help me fiends.. :)
1628602054354.png

You walked right into that one. :)

Given the rumored range of PL 15 and assuming an equivalent AESA to go along with it, India seems to be effectively outgunned. Only hope for now is the EW suite on Rafale.

Best way for India to deal with this in future is to acquire a stealth jet. But that may not happen anytime this decade.

How can you tell?
The video was released by the PAF, so I am assuming this a AWC project. Why, do you disagree?

Oh, scratch that. I momentarily mistook AvRID for an army organisation. Still, AWC makes more sense.

The video was released by the PAF, so I am assuming this a AWC project. Why, do you disagree?

Oh, scratch that. I momentarily mistook AvRID for an army organisation. Still, AWC makes more sense.
I doubt AWC because AWC is a super-secretive SPD organization that would never release something like this. AvRID, on the other hand, might. Furthermore, considering AvRID's currently limited capability, I would doubt that this is anything more than a conceptual design. But that's just my opinion.

I doubt AWC because AWC is a super-secretive SPD organization that would never release something like this. AvRID, on the other hand, might. Furthermore, considering AvRID's currently limited capability, I would doubt that this is anything more than a conceptual design. But that's just my opinion.
You are probably right there. This is just a shot in the dark, but I am guessing that this may be a derivative SAM of the ramjet AAM messiach mentioned - a result of collaboration between two or more organisations.

We do know that a SAM was part of the Azm project.

Back
Top Bottom