What's new

Pakistan's Nuclear Submarine Development | News and Discussions

Hi Mr. Mughaljee, this article is over a year old, and nothing has become of it. Maybe the deal has been signed, and the PN is simply being tight lipped, but nothing public has come out.

Well nuclear submarines isn't something we'd be surprised about. To operate them, you need oceanic depth in region. For some reason, your strategists seem to be keen on matching us weapon to weapon at any cost without thinking how much inner damage this would do to you especially in today's situation. Maintaining nuclear submarines isn't going to give you any advantage over us for the following reasons:

- You share a huge border with us and conventionally are within reach.
- Your land based missiles cover us already.
- Your aerial reach is also manageable to significant parts of our country.

So adding a third leg to you would be disastrous to your military budget. A strong underwater fleet is good but there's a reason why nuke submarines are not found with every other country on the planet. Operational costs and management are key words here.

Please take a look at the waters present in South Asia. Arihant would operate deep from IOR, Arabian Sea (off-coast Gujarat) and Bay of Bengal. Tell me; how would your nuclear submarine be of any strategic use when there is little or no territorial depth?

In open seas the rations can be air dropped/sea dropped to a certain depth where it can be held for indefinite periods for replenishment. Indefinite does not mean literally, rather a very prolonged period of time. During times of distress or war, a Nuclear submarine can stay under water virtually indefinitely by picking up these rations and waiting for prime targets to reveal themselves.

But they have to reveal themselves to pick-up these rations. and once detected ........

Will be surprised if pakistan does. Nevertheless, it will be a remarkable achievement for pakistan as it hasnt yet designed a ship and doesnt actually have what you'd call tons of shipbuilding experience. However, if they manage to pull this off, i'd be damn proud if i were a pakistani

Will be surprised if pakistan does. Nevertheless, it will be a remarkable achievement for pakistan as it hasnt yet designed a ship and doesnt actually have what you'd call tons of shipbuilding experience. However, if they manage to pull this off, i'd be damn proud if i were a pakistani
two of F22p Frigates were constructed here in karachi ship yard , Now you will say that with the help of china .... Bro Seriously u guys got Russians and french together that's why u have build Ships not completely Indigenously

re read my post. At what point did i say that pakistan doesnt have ANY shipbuilding experience. The f22p was INDEED a chinese design . You guys managed to build it in pakistan, and that IS a step ahead for pakistani shipbuilding
I didn't bring india into this, YOU did. So there:

License building foreign frigates is what we used to do in the late 70-s and early 80s with the leander class, In fact most of those frigates have already been retired. From then on, most of our mainstay frigate classes have been designed and built indigenously ie. the godavari class, the brahmaputra class and the shivalik class. We made trushul ,kora and kamorta class corvettes, magar and kumbhir class tank landing ships and various fast attack vessels.
These werent just built in india, they were also designed in india from scratch. These are INDIAN vessels in every sense of the word. Of course, we didnt have indegenous radars and weapons to put on the boats at first, but now, with the new kolkata class stealth destroyers, We'll have the brahmos and akash on them as well

Dude, we're even building aircraft carriers indegenously

We've never designed a diesel electric sub on our own, but we've built and are building quite a few here. Even then, it took us a long time to come up with our own nuke sub.

I appreciate pakistan's progress with the f22p being built at karachi, and understand that its a big leap forward for you guys, but seriously, bro, try to at least fathom the level of out-of-your-leagueness, of indian shipyards, before starting to troll us

Good....buy it.....it will damage you more than India...Please fix your economy before dreaming expensive war toys....unless India will win without having any war.....

which shipyard in pakistan can built a nuclear sub?
India wont be surprised if pakistan buys it from other country(china) :disagree:

which sub will pakistan buy or built any one knows

Well , bro we built two upgraded shishumar class (upgraded, longer, bigger type 209) subs in india under license n tot. Those were the first two subs built in india. then we got hit by sanctions. Right now we're building the latest french scorpene subs. We've also built an indigenous ssbn ie. the arihant class . ins arihant has been built and will be formally inducted after sea trials later this year. Its sister nuke sub ins aridaman is completely fabricated and will be launched by this year's end or next year first quarter...

the third ship in the class is ALSO being fabricated as we speak.

which shipyard in pakistan can built a nuclear sub?
India wont be surprised if pakistan buys it from other country(china) :disagree:
maybe they can, maybe they cant...thing is, does pakistan have the experitse to design one? that's one question time and the pakistanis themselves will answer

I highly doubt that PN would undertake this ambitious kind of project when we are in dire need of SSKs. I think it is just one of the many assessments which strategic communities around the world make about their adversaries' capabilities. But, If it is true, then I am sure it is more of a political project just like Nuclear weapons. It is an attempt to tell the world what we are capable of doing though chances are remote. I will love to see more advanced SSKs in PN with capability to fire and launch nuclear-tipped weapons rather than an expensive nuclear propelled sub.

I highly doubt that PN would undertake this ambitious kind of project when we are in dire need of SSKs. I think it is just one of the many assessments which strategic communities around the world make about their adversaries' capabilities. But, If it is true, then I am sure it is more of a political project just like Nuclear weapons. It is an attempt to tell the world what we are capable of doing though chances are remote. I will love to see more advanced SSKs in PN with capability to fire and launch nuclear-tipped weapons rather than an expensive nuclear propelled sub.

Absolutely correct. More SSKs; and no need for SSNs/SSBNs. It would eat up huge resources with little use.

In addition, anti-ship missile platforms either shore-based or ship-based must be increased.

Absolutely correct. More SSKs; and no need for SSNs/SSBNs. It would eat up huge resources with little use.

In addition, anti-ship missile platforms either shore-based or ship-based must be increased.

Hi,

Actually if pak navy can develop nuc tipped torpedoes small yield---these silent propulsion subs would wreak havoc on the enemy

Hi,

Actually if pak navy can develop nuc tipped torpedoes small yield---these silent propulsion subs would wreak havoc on the enemy

Is it a common norm among navies?? Nuke tipped torpedoes...don't know much about it...

Back
Top Bottom