What's new

Pakistan's Mohammad Amir Wants To Obtain British Citizenship

Yes Alcohol might be legal here but no one ever forced me to even taste it in last 14 years :D But I often hear news coming from Pakistan that more than dozen people got killed after drinking toxic liquor ..Islamic mahol is not all about gambling and alcohol but how you deal with others people ( haqooq ul abaad)..our personal conduct and character where we are lacking behind
Thanks for supporting me. Welcome onboard bro !

:welcome::victory:

@Nilgiri @OsmanAli98

Thanks for supporting me. Welcome onboard bro !

:welcome::victory:

@Nilgiri @OsmanAli98
You welcome:P did not realize its fight between liberal vs conservative here and I actually belong to middle of boht ..conservative will call me liberal while liberal will label me as conservative

So you can I can use our Pakistani education and settle in foreign countries but a Cricketer cannot not?
I think he is applying and settling in UK because of his british wife and daughter and he is not alone to apply marriage settlement visa for easy entry into UK

You welcome:P did not realize its fight between liberal vs conservative here and I actually belong to middle of boht ..conservative will call me liberal while liberal will label me as conservative
No, mate. You are now paid up member of the -

Secularist united.

So you can I can use our Pakistani education and settle in foreign countries but a Cricketer cannot not?
Sweden is halal.

No, mate. You are now paid up member of the -

Secularist united.
If secularism mean freedom of beliefs, protecting lives and honour of citizens , equality, justice for all whether powerful or weak, poor or rich, rule of law , tolerance toward each others, social welfare, etc then I will not mind to be paid member of secular league because these secular principles are actually Islamic principles :)

If secularism mean freedom of beliefs, protecting lives and honour of citizens , equality, justice for all whether powerful or weak, poor or rich, rule of law , tolerance toward each others, social welfare, etc then I will not mind to be paid member of secular league because these secular principles are actually Islamic principles :)
Could not agree with you more. Have you noticed that despite living in UK which has a alcohol vendor at every street corner the % of Pakistani's drinking is very low. In fact I would guess it is no higher then in Pakistan.

Could not agree with you more. Have you noticed that despite living in UK which has a alcohol vendor at every street corner the % of Pakistani's drinking is very low. In fact I would guess it is no higher then in Pakistan.
True also I have witnessed many people who had very western lifestyle in Pakistan and was running after every second girl out there became more disciplined and religious in UK i.e. kept beard, visit mosque regularly etc and acted more sensible .

UK is not Islamic 'mahole'. Alcohol is legal. Blasphemy is legal. So much vice. Better to live in a Islamic country.

Bro, even the most ardent Freemasons, Athiests and Satanic Devil Worshippers are more "Islamic" than modern day Pakistanis in the truest sense. Sad but true.

This is indeed the irony, it is halal for "doctors", "engineers", "MBAs" but somehow becomes haram for a sportsman. Everyone has his dreams in his life, if Amir thinks UK is his dreamland for living permanently then there is no need to make an issue out of it.

Last edited:
Well he can be a dual citizen. His wife is a British citizen and he will probably settle down there after he retires from cricket. No harm in that.

He was on the winning team for the champions trophy

he has done enough he doesn't owe anyone anything

I love my country as much the next person but the well being of my family comes first

same with him '

Good luck

Test Cricket is a huge workload on the body, especially for a fast bowler. Injuries have plagued many legends-in-the-making and have forced many bowlers out of the game despite still being very young (usually age 33-36 is the retirement age for fast bowlers). Look at the likes of Shane Bond, Muhammad Zahid, Simon Jones, Shaun Tait and Nathan Bracken etc etc. These guys were killing it on the beginning stages of their careers and all of them PERMANENTLY retired from all formats when their bodies completely gave out in their mid-late-20's!

It takes a lot of discipline and good maintenance of the body to have a prolonged test career, Amir could have very well done that if it wasn't for those 5 years off which really messed him up. Yes he showed shades of that brilliance when he came back from his ban in the test arena but you could tell he wasn't the same again. He also stated he wants to prolong his Odi and T20 career which is a valid reason since he just did very well in the WC and with 2 back to back World T20's coming up along with the 2023 WC, I actually think it's the right decision.

And like some said above, he helped us win the 2009 T20 WC and the 2017 CT with a mesmerizing performance in the final for both tournaments, he has already done more than enough. As for dual citizenship, many of us do that and nothing wrong with trying to provide more opportunities for his family and children in the future. Many other cricketers hold dual citizenship so what's the problem?

Didn't medium pace bowler and all Rounder Azhar Mahmoud become a British national after marrying a Brit Pak national? Majority of the Pak cricket team have relatives in the UK. I watched an interview by legendary Pak batsman Ejaz Ahmed who openly criticized the Pak players of a lack of discipline and poor diet when they tour England. Anchor asked what he meant? Ejaz replied, majority of Pakistani players visit their relatives and scoff on samosa, pakoras and other unhealthy south Asian snacks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom