What's new

Pakistan's Internet censorship

Any wonder why some physcos end up making negative headlines.

These kinds of events provides fuel to the extremists and likewise.

It works both ways. Extremism in the western world against Islam is fueled by the extremism in the Islamic world against the west. And vice versa.

She should be hanged with her tongue and then shot in the middle of skull. Such brains do not deserve to live and I am praying that she would suffer an exemplary death.

Man! you seem a total suicide-bomber case! :woot:

look at your choice of words... all for drawing a cartoon.:hang2:

some of you have no idea whats going on all you hear is the word islam and start getting psychotic and jumping up and down like apes her cartoon was about censorship of south park not muhammed(pbuh)this idea was hijacked made into a facebook group and made into a big religion issue which was then further publicized thx to idiot actions of pakistan.This drawing day controversy is nothing to do with her
She has disowned the group,apologised to muslims for any hurt she caused and even joined the rival group in protest against this draw muhammed day so before you so called muslims talk about beating and killing a woman and disgracing islam further learn the facts first !

This is the second time i'm posting this and i hope you e-mullahs take the time to read her letter......

"My cartoon was the beginning and end of expressing my personal views about Comedy Central's South Park censorship. If I had wanted my one-off cartoon to be the basis for a worldwide movement to draw Mohammed, then at this moment I should be thrilled," Norris tells Comic Riffs today. "But instead I am horrified! My one-off cartoon that was specifically about Comedy Central's behaviour vs. Revolution Muslim's threat leading to a slippery slope of censorship in America is not good for a long-term plan. The results have shown to be vitriolic and worse, offensive to Muslims who had nothing to do with the censorship issue I was inspired to draw about in the first place." Molly

I did NOT 'declare' May 20 to be "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day." I made a cartoon about the television show South Park being censored. (I wish that was what our energies were going toward -- protesting revolutionmuslim.com's threat to Comedy Central, and Comedy Central's over reaction to it which set America on a slippery slope toward censorship!)

At any rate, my satirical poster, with a fake 'group' behind it (Citizens Against Citizens Against Humor) was taken seriously, hijacked and made viral.

I never started a facebook page; I never set up any place for pepole to send drawings to and I never received any drawings (I see that two European graduate students and another woman started the facebook pages).

My one-off cartoon does not work well as a long-term plan. The vitriol this 'day' has brought out, of people who only want to draw obscene images, is offensive to Muslims who did nothing to endanger our right to expression in the first place. Only Viacom and Revolution Muslim are to blame, so...draw them instead!

I apologize to people of Muslim faith and ask that this 'day' be called off.

Thank you to those who are turning this crazy thing into an opportunity for dialogue.

Oh, and screw all of you who are mad at me for not leading a 'movement'. My cartoon was the beginning and end of what I had to say about this creepy, historic censorship. (By the way, where is Cowardly Central now? Pretty dang quiet. Guess they can dish it out but can't take it.)

Sincerely,
Molly

P.S. The nicest email I have received have been from Muslims.

Molly Norris Art Sculpture Criticism Lovelace Watkins English Bulldog

She should be hanged with her tongue and then shot in the middle of skull. Such brains do not deserve to live and I am praying that she would suffer an exemplary death.

As a non-muslim , I really get amazed at your kind of reactions for things...that should best be condemed and nothing beyound this...

I understand ISLAM from my Muslim Indian Friends.......whether I believe or not in PROPHET PBUH, its my personal business but will never utter a word in disrespcet, coz I love my Muslim friends who are like my brotehrs and I believe GOD exist..whatever we call him...

My point is MY GOD IS VERY POWERFUL....JUST BECAUSE SOME LUNATICS DRAW HIS CARICATURE (these lunatics are also his creations, spolied sons) I WILL NOT GO AND KILL HIM. LET GOD DECIDE AND I AM SURE GOD IS MOST MERCIFUL ( will you kill your son for drawing your funny picture?)

Does your GOD power diminishes by these silly act..?
Who ae you to judge and decide....he is causing no harm....they may be sick needing treatment.....YOU DON'T KILL A SICK PERSON.

I am not able to express well, but all that I want to say is GOD CAN FEND FOR HIMSELF, YOU TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND YOUR PARENTS ( YOUR PARETS ARE YOUR GOD'S IMAGE MOST CLOSEST TO YOU)....

Sincerel apology..if I am not making any sense..of have hurt anyone...I am not too good in communicating ...

great moves by Pakistan... Now TTP and their shiiter masters can no longer use and post new videos on Youtube anymore.

Guys let me ask this guy question yet again as I have never gotten a firm answer ever on several different forums. Am I allowed to insult a woman, verbally harass her as much as I want in the west, under the freedom of speech? Because from what I hear you can get arrested for that.

Back
Top Bottom