What's new

Pakistan's Internet censorship

Ohh its ok ..i am happy googling.. well is the search engine Pakistan specific .. like will it be having any external sources??

:lol:

I do not know what it is either, but all I know is that whatever it is, it is halal.

yes it is cnfrmed tht youtube is also banned in Pakistan...
but whts da big deal?
Y r u upset abt it?

youtube is actually a good source of information the pakistan army even has it's own official channel with thousands of subscribers they had many awesome vids about their military operations it's gonna be inactive now so what good is blocking it gonna do only harm us by cutting off information .Theres so many good channels with pakistani news,military,history,music and entertainment official channels why block all of them too ?
You can also find many islam videos,nasheeds,documentaries,shahada and convert vlogs etc if you ban your just denying it good information library and a form of communication to millions of people and isolating pakistanis further just ban the offensive pages not the whole site blocking the entire thing is too harsh.

will somebidy check the pictures on that page, they are potraying the perfect 'terrorist,intolerant,violent muslim world'

capt8d48b3b657af4778bc1.jpg

one can only imagine that , if this FB didnt got banned what would happen..:rolleyes:

Guys I guess Flickr has been banned too for now... I got a "This site has been restricted message"

The last picture is the picture of the decade, I cannot stop laughing after looking at it.

The irony is that the proscription against images of Prophet Mohammad was originally put into place to prevent him from becoming a religions icon or object of worship.

An irony totally lost on the people that would kill otherwise innocent people over a line drawing of the man.

The last picture is the picture of the decade, I cannot stop laughing after looking at it.

And i am damn sure that he doesn't have a single clue what Facebook actually is.!!!:rofl:

It was a right policy to stop the turmoil , i was there when the cartoons issue was on its peak.

I didn't took part in the protest but i did Paint the Danish Flag on the Roadway which lasted few months. :P

And i am damn sure that he doesn't have a single clue what Facebook actually is.!!!:rofl:

He probably does, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a profile on it, how else will he conduct his propaganda business.

If you can find him, add him.

i think MODs should add a poll in this thread to see an opinion of the peoples.

Should facebook be banned in Pakistan? or how to counter these peoples - something like that

OK then i BYCOTT YOU :sarcastic:

no worries dear,

If you have a shop selling both wines and Islamic books - its upon the individual which product he wants to buy. Google is a kind of a shop........ its upon the individuals if they type "Listen QUR'AN" or "Watch Mujra"

I try to stay away from religious issues or rhetoric but I'd like to remind people that symbolism has been important to Shii'te culture since its initial days. Even with increasingly harsh restrictions on this liberal nature in Iran, portraits of the Prophet and other religious figures are common throughout Iran and many Imambarghas. If people are offended due to the sketches, portraits and drawings and the LHC has found it necessary to ban Facebook altogether, I urge the LHC to ban travel to Iran, the Federal Govt to cut off diplomatic ties, kick out the Iranian ambassador, recall our own and add Iran to the first line on the Passport where it states that "this passport is valid for travels to all countries except Israel". Why be tolerant of Iran then? Why be tolerant of anybody?

Ban everything. Fascism awaits us. People cannot act rationally and try to ignore things they get offended at. I have probably signed my death warrant and a fatwa for apostasy by saying this.

The thing I was most offended by was that every TDH on my friends list started complaining even last week that Jews were behind this all issue. Somehow everybody has supernatural powers to tell that Jews are behind everything. Facebook's hypocrisy of deleting anti holocaust groups quickly aside, I find it always offensive that half of my friends are members of three kinds of groups at the same time:- A love Islam/Muhammad group, an anti-India/hate group and and anti-Israel/antisemitic group.

Anybody who has joined any hate group, any offensive group should have no right to complain about any other hate group. Before complaining about these issues, unjoin your Israel/Jew/India/USA hate groups.

i don't agree with you when you say symbolism is an important element in shiaism, since there are many shias who object to such custom. secondly when they sketch such things they do it out of love and respect. and as far as my own experience is concerned i haven't seen any sketch of Sarkar do Alam Hazrat Mostafa s.a.w . yes there are sketches of Imam Ali a.s and like i said earlier , they have been drawn out of Love and absolute respect.
as far as this idiotic and meaningless group EDDMD is concerned they are doing it , in other to disrespect our Prophet Rehmatu al Almamin s.a.w . don;t confuse the two things.
and when you say ban going to Iran as well , give me a solid reason why should the government do it, as we have strong national and religious ties with Iran. and if you want to state the above reason. i wod ask LHC to ban going to Saudi Arabia too since they think and treat Quran as a normal ordinary book and for whom Sarkar Do Jahan s.a.w is just an ordinary person.
and blaming jews is a part of forbidden ritual. ;):cheesy: just like Washington blames everything on ALqaeda .. :agree:

Back
Top Bottom