What's new

Pakistan's Internet censorship

currently Pakistanis are a CONFUSED LOT! they don't know if they are liberal extremists or radical extremists!

the MODERATES! are more or less non existent anymore....

i think pakistan is going in the following two directions:

MULLAH KA PAKISTAN

&

MUSHARRAF KA PAKISTAN!
Liberal extremists--:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: coming out from your backside When did Liberal extremists blow up religious extremists when did Liberal Extremists strap a bomb and kill innocent civillians..The Radical Right are terrorists.

OIC ne kya kar lena hai bhai

Us se zayada to mujhe British government per umeed hai ke agar if i complain at least my complain will be heard in the court

keep posting it,,,,,

You are maligning your own religion,, good work.

What can one expect from super duper liberals like you.!!!!!

It is not like she is taking the pictures and sending them to newspapers worldwide. She is just showing what others will see and judge us from. A few bad seeds will yet again define us and that is not good in my opinion, what do you think.

Don't shoot the messenger, it's best to sort out our little problems.

OIC ne kya kar lena hai bhai

Us se zayada to mujhe British government per umeed hai ke agar if i complain at least my complain will be heard in the court

Whats wrong trying ???

Just guess if they get few thousand messages ,they would at least get an idea that this thing "exists"

keep posting it,,,,,

You are maligning your own religion,, good work.

What can one expect from super duper liberals like you.!!!!!

I AM MALIGNING????

ahh well these pictures are actually there on FB page, i don't need to do anything to malign it, our 'true muslims are doing exactly what Europeans want them to do...

It is not like she is taking the pictures and sending them to newspapers worldwide. She is just showing what others will see and judge us from. A few bad seeds will yet again define us and that is not good in my opinion, what do think.

Don't shoot the messenger, it's best to sort out our little problems.

Already the word has spread around the world due to the ban.
I still believe banning was never a good option.

Lots of people around the world has no knowledge whatsoever about our region. Now due to this publicity in the media and considering the depth of FB users worldwide, they will have a new name to blame all their worries and problems ( its a basic human nature).

Facebook may make disputed page inaccessible in Pakistan

WASHINGTON: Facebook is disappointed at being blocked in Pakistan over a contest that encourages users to post caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) and may make the offending page inaccessible to users there, the social network said late Wednesday.
“We are very disappointed with the Pakistani courts’ decision to block Facebook without warning, and suspect our users there feel the same way,” Facebook said in a statement to AFP.

“We are analyzing the situation and the legal considerations, and will take appropriate action, which may include making this content inaccessible to users in Pakistan,” it said.

Pakistan blocked access to Facebook on a court order over a competition created by a Facebook user who set up a page called “Draw Mohammed Day,” inviting people to send in caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) on May 20.

Islam strictly prohibits depictions of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) as blasphemous and Muslims around the world staged angry protests over the publication of satirical cartoons of the prophet in European newspapers in 2006.

The statement from the Palo Alto, California-based social network said “we want Facebook to be a place where people can openly discuss issues and express their views, while respecting the rights and feelings of others.

“With now more than 400 million users from around the world, we sometimes find people discussing and posting about topics that others may find controversial, inaccurate, or offensive,” it said.

“While some kinds of comments and content may be upsetting for someone — criticism of a certain culture, country, religion, lifestyle, or political ideology, for example — that alone is not a reason to remove the discussion,” it said.

“We strongly believe that Facebook users have the freedom to express their opinions, and we don't typically take down content, groups or pages that speak out against countries, religions, political entities, or ideas.”

The statement noted that “Nazi content is illegal in some countries” but said “that does not mean it should be removed entirely from Facebook.”

“Most companies approach this issue by preventing certain content from being shown to users in the countries where it is illegal and that is our approach as well

Where is musharraf and his enlightened moderation when you need it, LOL.

Whats wrong trying ???

Just guess if they get few thousand messages ,they would at least get an idea that this thing "exists"

I am just awaiting from the decree of Allah All-mighty :lol:

I am not gonnai complain anybody neither protest anymore

Let everybody live their own lifes - Allah is himself the protector of his religion - Our leaders are bloody wankers who sleep in the "Haram" of their 4 legal and 20 illegal wives. They will do something when they come out of their wives hands.

I am just awaiting for the decree now - I am fed up with all this

Black blood, I am going to close this thread. Please post your facebook ban related ideas in the FB thread.

Back
Top Bottom