What's new

Pakistan's intelligence ready to split with CIA

Whatever Pakistan decides about the CIA isn't going to solve Pakistan's problems. The fundamental problem, as I see it, is that the Pakistani Army remains a colonial army, but rather than being responsible to a foreign power it is responsible only to itself. Like the British East India Company who once exploited the country, but with local masters. No civilian checks and balances: the inspector generals are all appointed by the Army brass themselves, with the practical result that no soldier can appeal an illegal or unethical order without endangering his own career (at least). The opportunities for corruption, as long as one appeases his superiors, appear limitless. In other words, the Army (and, by extension, the ISI) is a loose cannon, one aimed at making a mockery of Pakistan as a law-abiding democratic state.

Ever tried to look in the mirror ??

No ??

Do so, may be you see something much more horrible then the one you are trying to see in us.

You Americans are so busy in pointing out to others their mistakes and flaws, that you have forgotten to look at your own self and see what you have become.

infact this policy of harming the ties was started by CIA after they are left red-faced in the wake of their continuous failure .

but jana one thing confuses me is that why ISI allowed CIA to get so strong inside PAKISTAN especially in FATA and balochistan and now even in punjab....

sir may be it proves to be a turning point because as Imran said now ISI should decide america or PAKISTAN ....
because it is clear now that american intentions about PAKISTAN are not positive..
even american NGO,s working in PAKISTAN are in actual part of spy network that is scattered throughout PAKISTAN.............

Bro I agree with you. But if they really had to chose between Pakistan and America, it wd have done after 9/11. And guess who they chose?! Finally, did it take them this long to know US intentions? Woh bhi after awam caught one and put it on a plate for them. What were they doing all this time? So they know very well what CIA is upto, either they are unwilling or (most importantly) UNABLE to do anything and now there is this incident. They wanna score some brownie points now in front Of the awam so they are sayin we'll do this, we'll do that. Fact is they wont do jack s*it.

SIR YES SIR::Every Military has a certain code of conduct which by the way lies beyond the limited scope of an ordinary civilian. And yes everything is prone to corruption , cant deny that , even the CIA must have some corrupt loonies, but its controllable provided the effectiveness of the checks and accountability which makes sure the org remains pretty much immune to such stuff.
The CIA was subjected to greater congressional control back in the late 1970s. Appointment of CIA inspector generals must be confirmed by and do report to Congress; this makes the IGs much stronger, they can't be dismissed on the whim of the CIA leadership so any CIA employee could squawk to the Intel Committee if he feels something is wrong inside the CIA itself. (ref: A Spy's Journey: A CIA Memoir, by Floyd Paseman.)

In case of CIA-ISI cooperation its always been CIA that had been benefited. ISI has got no helping cooperation from CIA .

Why? Dont they get Dollars from CIA (US) Jana? US DOLLARS! and how much they got for every pakistani they sold to US? u prob know more yar, u r Da Journalist! Enlighten me please! Thanks.

Bro I agree with you. But if they really had to chose between Pakistan and America, it wd have done after 9/11. And guess who they chose?! Finally, did it take them this long to know US intentions? Woh bhi after awam caught one and put it on a plate for them. What were they doing all this time? So they know very well what CIA is upto, either they are unwilling or (most importantly) UNABLE to do anything and now there is this incident. They wanna score some brownie points now in front Of the awam so they are sayin we'll do this, we'll do that. Fact is they wont do jack s*it.

situation is now very different my dear...............

My looking in a mirror doesn't solve the way you look, does it? Shouldn't you have your own reasons for straightening up?

Well then before lecturing us, why don't you straighten yourself up since you guys are on the democratic and civilized nation path for hundreds of years now, shouldn't you guys be the role model for humanity ??

As i recall, the major bloodshed in the world since last few decades has been very much the doing of the US and its people, even the mess we are in now, is thanks to you and your successive govts.

So why not you guys get yourself in order before lecturing us and we will try to get ourselves in shape.

Could you please explain how is it different? Nothing substantial has changed.

sir at that time america was attacked and whole worlds moral and military support was for her.
it was war against terrors and we in actual had to decide either to be attacked by america and allies or to just pass that trouble.............
now its intelligence war and america is trying to spread afgahan war inside PAKISTAN. many more i think you are not a child that you don,t know what has changed.
it is reality that now even liberal class of PAKISTAN is not ready to lend countenance to american policies...

Well then before lecturing us, why don't you straighten yourself up -
Isn't that the same as saying, "As long as everyone else isn't perfect, we Pakistanis have the right to rape our own countrymen"?

sir at that time america was attacked and whole worlds moral and military support was for her.
it was war against terrors and we in actual had to decide either to be attacked by america and allies or to just pass that trouble.............
now its intelligence war and america is trying to spread afgahan war inside PAKISTAN. many more i think you are not a child that you don,t know what has changed.
it is reality that now even liberal class of PAKISTAN is not ready to lend countenance to american policies...

Bro nothing has changed much. The only thing thats changed is that all this stuff is now in the open, exposing OUR inefficencies, and failures of OUR Intel agencies. Fact is US policies have stayed the same throughout, its not their fault what is hapening here in Pak. Our agencies are sleeping and taking dollars right from the begining of war. They can sell us (pakistanis) to anyone for Dollars but cant do anything to protect us.

Back
Top Bottom