What's new

Pakistan's Intelligence Agencies have failed to protect its citizens

Pakistan is 3 times the size of Iraq. That means the threat has that much more population to conceal within and act. Similarly terrorism in India is even more difficult to track and hold back than in Pakistan. Its all a matter of population, potential support etc.

Pakistan is going through a very rough time but such intensity has a peak and it cannot be sustained by the terrorists. Sooner or later their support base will erode, or the population will become too hostile for them to act with freedom.

In Pakistan, the problem is that people confuse Internal Security (IS) by looking at the capability of their conventional forces. This is a wrong way to look at the situation. Army is essentially an entity that can buttress some of the IS efforts, but it on its own cannot take on the threat of militancy across the country by way of only conducting CI operations.

What is well established is that whenever Army is inducted in kinetic operations against the militants, the Army dominates and pushes the militants out. However beyond the kinetic operations, the police, paramilitary, and the law enforcement intelligence have to be brought up to par to take on and sustain pressure on the groups conducting these terrorist attacks.

This is slowly materializing as Pakistan has never had a need for such capability until now. I think we will see that it will take time to put such capability into place and in the course of this, we will see quite a few more lives lost unfortunately, however this is a steep learning curve and Pakistani law enforcement agencies are learning it the hard way. If funding is available to them then I think we will see results sooner, otherwise it will be a challenging task.

Plus Army and intelligence setup has a limit to operate. This is political leadership which will have to show some charter in these tough times along with forces. Up till now there is only point scoring is going on.

Practically, I think everyone must try to keep an eye on the door next to his own for anything unusual. This seems very small and basic step but it can really bring some change and can make work of enemies difficult.

So you are waiting for killings in IOK, that goes to show how people feel differently when others are suffering.

Your assertion can be termed as jumping to conclusions,
The reference was in reply to the Indo/Afghan spy agency with a prominent call sign of......... RAMA.

terrorist attack in multan could've caused havoc but for the couragious resistence by the army personnel at the checkpost. mind you the offices being targeted are located close to a thoroghfare & it's really difficult to totally insulate the locality. Qasim Bela is having a population of over 150,000 and is joined with the city through the only road passing through the heart of multan cantt.The installation being targeted is located on this road yet away from the heartland.It's pretty well protected & that's why the terrorists were unable to achieve their objective of destroying the buildings housing the offices of our premier int agency.It's quite convenient to sit in our cosy rooms & critisize those who are exposed to all sorts of hazards.Over here there isn't a particular direction from where the enemy can come, nor can be identified from its dress or appearance. Standing vigilant in the harsh winter days & nights for long hours is not an easy task. It,s altogether a different ball game. What we need to do is to back those who are fighting a war for our liberty & freedom and play an active role to help win this war.

Never Mind but the fact is Pakistan Intelligence are TOTALLY FAILED and thats hardcore fact but FACT!!!

Pakistan agencies are totally failed continously from last 8 years. They even dont know terrorist suicde attacker standing in front of ISI, FIA HQ ? wow... I agreed on some offical today he said "Agencies dept doesnt mean 9 - 5 Work time hour and thn go back to home. Intelligence work 24/7.

I havent seen any single INVESTIGATION REPORT since last 10 years WTH! They even dont know who are doing this ???? who funding terrorist ???

Only person Gen Kiyani did good job in brussels NATO Conference. But the point is OUR AGENCIES ARE DONT KNOW STILL WHO ARE BEHIND ??? ITS IMPOSSIBLE!

Al-Qaidda, Tahreek-e-Taliban Punjabi Taliban blaa blaa ALL ARE BULLSHITS simple The point is after all every time everyday after any single sucide attack news just like

50 - 100 died
Head of Sucide attacker under police for investigation (MOST FUNNIEST NEWS I HAVE EVER SEEN AND LISTEN EVERYDAY) 5 floor powerfull building almost finished 1000 people are A-Z died but HEAD OF TERRRIOST FOUND WOW WHAT A REAL BS!
High officals pass order of report
Investigation start

-
-
-
-

after no END now lets start another investigation

MAN MAN MAN FACT BUT FACT! intelligence agencies are TOTALLY FAILED! even single unknown attacker go and blast IN FRONT OF AGENCIES HEADQUATER WOW impressive! i think and fact they are SLEEPING!!

Bombing on civilian blaa blaa taliban OH STOP THIS BS! n our country they are not talibans talibans are freedom fighters and only in Afghanistan. HERE ARE TERRORIST AND FUNDED TERRORIST By our SUPER DUPER AND (lots of SENIOR MEMBERS especially on this forum proud to feel SSTAND WITH AMERICANS) and the same american killing our people DRONE strike and these SUICIDE ATTACKERS funding from Afghanistan UNDER US UMBRELLA!!

ALL are play for MONEY!! THATS FACT!!

IRAN and even in US and today world 90% are people openly passed comment about this WOT is WAR AGAINST MUSLIM AND DESTABLIZING PAKISTAN simple and still our BS LEADERS working with US

SIMPLY>>>> DAMN DAMN WRONG WITH OUR OVER ALL MACHINERY!!!

30,000 + people died not only inocent civlian including "INNOCENT MILITARY" who are standing for BS PROTOCOLS!!!! of SO CALLED HEAD OF STATE MILITARY OFFICALS!!

I have not even single feeling for STATE HEAD either govt dept or any military or any agency dept but i have feeing for those who are standing for protectingthose who are WORKING WITH US !

PAKISTAN MEDIA, ISPR and other GOVT people STOP FOOLING PAKISTANI PEOPLE! FACT WE KNOW AND WORLD KNOW AND CLEARLY VISIBLE!

even US Military retd Officals said this WOT are not actually WOT!!!

The objectives are totally different . What a BS from last 10 years they even not able to capture Usama bin laden! OH FORGOT SAKE STOP THIS CARTOON NETWORK TALIBAN AND AMERICA GAME!!

cool down man this all happened due to our lack of long sightedness.Some times i think that Indians are right we should not have used Proxies.

Well it not entirely our Intelligence fault.

I mean look they alone are trying to tackle RAW,CIA and the great one Mossad.

And then they have hired terrorists.I mean it's just overwhelming for our Intelligence community.

Bombing on civilian blaa blaa taliban OH STOP THIS BS! n our country they are not talibans talibans are freedom fighters and only in Afghanistan.

I understand your frustration because of the loss of life from civilian side. But you should know that ,what TTP is doing to Pakistani people, Afghani Taliban are doing exactly the same thing on Afghanistan's public. They are killing us every day by suicide bombing just like the TTP is killing pakistanis. If this is freedom fighting then god save us from freedom and its fighting.

Taliban are invisible. They look like everyone else, dress like everyone else, do not have any kind of symbol such as a tattoo or something. How do you fight that?

The spy agencies are connected more to the military than they are to the corrupt political side of the givernment. And we all know that the military is the least corrupt.

Remember the CIA was put to shame when 13 of them were killed in a suicide attack? It can happen to any agency. Even blackwater could get something unexpected. ;)

Taliban are invisible. They look like everyone else, dress like everyone else, do not have any kind of symbol such as a tattoo or something. How do you fight that?

The spy agencies are connected more to the military than they are to the corrupt political side of the givernment. And we all know that the military is the least corrupt.

Remember the CIA was put to shame when 13 of them were killed in a suicide attack? It can happen to any agency. Even blackwater could get something unexpected. ;)

Well said. This is the problem in Afghanistan too, they even wear women's burkas and hide themselves. So i wouldnt jump to conclusion and blame ISI entirely for the failings. It is a hard fight.

Never Mind but the fact is Pakistan Intelligence are TOTALLY FAILED and thats hardcore fact but FACT!!!

Pakistan agencies are totally failed continously from last 8 years. They even dont know terrorist suicde attacker standing in front of ISI, FIA HQ ? wow... I agreed on some offical today he said "Agencies dept doesnt mean 9 - 5 Work time hour and thn go back to home. Intelligence work 24/7.

I havent seen any single INVESTIGATION REPORT since last 10 years WTH! They even dont know who are doing this ???? who funding terrorist ???

Only person Gen Kiyani did good job in brussels NATO Conference. But the point is OUR AGENCIES ARE DONT KNOW STILL WHO ARE BEHIND ??? ITS IMPOSSIBLE!

Al-Qaidda, Tahreek-e-Taliban Punjabi Taliban blaa blaa ALL ARE BULLSHITS simple The point is after all every time everyday after any single sucide attack news just like

50 - 100 died
Head of Sucide attacker under police for investigation (MOST FUNNIEST NEWS I HAVE EVER SEEN AND LISTEN EVERYDAY) 5 floor powerfull building almost finished 1000 people are A-Z died but HEAD OF TERRRIOST FOUND WOW WHAT A REAL BS!
High officals pass order of report
Investigation start

-
-
-
-

after no END now lets start another investigation

MAN MAN MAN FACT BUT FACT! intelligence agencies are TOTALLY FAILED! even single unknown attacker go and blast IN FRONT OF AGENCIES HEADQUATER WOW impressive! i think and fact they are SLEEPING!!

Bombing on civilian blaa blaa taliban OH STOP THIS BS! n our country they are not talibans talibans are freedom fighters and only in Afghanistan. HERE ARE TERRORIST AND FUNDED TERRORIST By our SUPER DUPER AND (lots of SENIOR MEMBERS especially on this forum proud to feel SSTAND WITH AMERICANS) and the same american killing our people DRONE strike and these SUICIDE ATTACKERS funding from Afghanistan UNDER US UMBRELLA!!

ALL are play for MONEY!! THATS FACT!!

IRAN and even in US and today world 90% are people openly passed comment about this WOT is WAR AGAINST MUSLIM AND DESTABLIZING PAKISTAN simple and still our BS LEADERS working with US

SIMPLY>>>> DAMN DAMN WRONG WITH OUR OVER ALL MACHINERY!!!

30,000 + people died not only inocent civlian including "INNOCENT MILITARY" who are standing for BS PROTOCOLS!!!! of SO CALLED HEAD OF STATE MILITARY OFFICALS!!

I have not even single feeling for STATE HEAD either govt dept or any military or any agency dept but i have feeing for those who are standing for protectingthose who are WORKING WITH US !

PAKISTAN MEDIA, ISPR and other GOVT people STOP FOOLING PAKISTANI PEOPLE! FACT WE KNOW AND WORLD KNOW AND CLEARLY VISIBLE!

even US Military retd Officals said this WOT are not actually WOT!!!

The objectives are totally different . What a BS from last 10 years they even not able to capture Usama bin laden! OH FORGOT SAKE STOP THIS CARTOON NETWORK TALIBAN AND AMERICA GAME!!

Appreciate your concerns. Monkeys do not understand human language. Do they? Lion cannot fly and so on.
Pakistani politicians, some religious organizations (I would say 99% of them), Few incompetent Army generals (competent to accept the U.S. their daddy), always criticizing Pakistani civilians (nothing practical) and so on leads to a nation which is called Pakistan.

You want to change Pakistan?
Than change civilians from criticizing others to become more practical.
Change from cars to books.
From illiterate people to literate people.
From making 7 star hotels which we can't afford to sustainable development.
From a paltu army to a Pakistani Army.
From ghunda politicians to patriotic politicians.

You know what we need?
A country in which every class of people is active in studies, socially concerned citizens and so on.

Barking at others make you weak.
So barking at politicians or army is making us weak because they have showed their strength.

I am surprised to see comments from staff and senior members stating that this the failure of our intelligence agencies.

Pls look at the beast they are dealing with, Pakistan is fortunate to have these guys working day and night protecting us and our loved ones.

It is nearly impossible to stop someone who has decided to blow himself up and yet our agencies have folied many attempts. Don't you guys read papers and see how many of TTP agents are arrested on a regular basis??

I can understand the frustration but I don't understand the lack of resolution. Lets pray for the fallen and for a victory over these foreign funded terrorists. Lets show the world that we are united and standing behind our security establishment!

Back
Top Bottom