What's new

Pakistan’s infant mortality rate highest in the world

Unless you want to measure India's priorities with same yard stick, don't go on this path.
But India's poverty is decreasing and other social indicators are improving whereas Pakistan's social indicators are improving very slowly or are stuck at the same level.

But India's poverty is decreasing and other social indicators are improving whereas Pakistan's social indicators are improving very slowly or are stuck at the same level.
"better than Pakistan" isnt the yardstick to measure our standard
compare it with developed nations
we are lagging
and the rate of decrease of poverty and increase of social indicators isnt gud enuff.....it should be a lot better

But India's poverty is decreasing and other social indicators are improving whereas Pakistan's some social indicators are improving very slowly or are stuck at the same level.

I want to go into this detail as it's not my fort, I will leave that for experts :P

Anyway - Pakistan is at war since 1 decade and was practically without any govt. for 5 years and thieves at charge, so the result is not surprising. I hope things will improve now ---- But still there is no denial that social welfare systems scuks in Pakistan and needs hell of reforms & improvement.

Our defence budget is minuscule as a percentage of our GDP. :pop::pop::pop:

In term of % of GDP our is also minuscule. :pop::pop::pop:

"better than Pakistan" isnt the yardstick to measure our standard
compare it with developed nations
we are lagging
and the rate of decrease of poverty and increase of social indicators isnt gud enuff.....it should be a lot better
Fair enough,can you tell me what is the average rate of decrease of % of people below poverty line in India??

But ours is lower than Pakistan's, and we are reducing the percentage, while Pakistan is talking about increasing it. :pop::pop::pop:
Military expenditure (% of GDP) | Data | Table

And we are threatened by two neighbours, Pakistan is not, Pakistan has no threat from us unless they themselves decide to start a war. :pop::pop::pop:

1. Increase is legitimate because we have to deal with terrorists and also maintain our minimum defense capability, If PPP govt. wouldn't have fcuked up economy for 5 years than this wouldn't have been called increase as in term of % of GDP it would have been same.

2. Same can be said for India - You don't have any threat from China unless you yourself decide to start war, and India's current capability is already many times more that she require to counter Pakistan's threat.

2. Same can be said for India - You don't have any threat from China unless you yourself decide to start war, and India's current capability is already many times more that she require to counter Pakistan's threat.
China attacked on us first in the 1962 war.

1. Increase is legitimate because we have to deal with terrorists and also maintain our minimum defense capability, If PPP govt. wouldn't have fcuked up economy for 5 years than this wouldn't have been called increase as in term of % of GDP it would have been same.

Fair enough, but I will take coffee this time, enough of popcorn!! :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

I don't think the same can be said about China, they are getting increasingly aggressive, and unpredictable, our safety and security is in maintaining a credible deterrence against them. Given a chance, they can take advantage of our unpreparedness like they did in 1962. :)

China attacked on us first in the 1962 war.

That's your version, as per Chinese it was India who showed aggression first.

I don't think the same can be said about China, they are getting increasingly aggressive, and unpredictable, our safety and security is in maintaining a credible deterrence against them. Given a chance, they can take advantage of our unpreparedness like they did in 1962. :)

Well based on 1971 Pakistan have more reasons to have stronger defense against Indian than India needed against China.

That's your version, as per Chinese it was India who showed aggression first.

Well based on 1971 Pakistan have more reasons to have stronger defense against Indian than India needed against China.
1231451_495652400526718_983705891_n.jpg

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom