What's new

Pakistan's indigenous built JF - 17 Block III to get state of the art AESA Radar, ECM and Missiles

Block 2 flyaway cost is $16 million and depending upon the overall package 20-30 million a piece which may include support part etc for x years

Myanmar price was about $ 35M for first batch once inducted and training completed locally and support structure established sustainment cost will go down bottom line for pac/paf the cost is 1/2 and is the very reason why the program was initiate rather than buying f-16 which could not be afforded in such numbers
When will Myanmar JF-17 be inducted?

Last edited:
I hear that now BAF shows very interest about JF-17 and a delegation team have visited Pakistan for JF-17 from BAF. Here a link about it --- JF-17 is the inspiration of Muslim Ummah. Bangladeshi peoples love this jet very much. We often discuss about this jet in this forum and our domestic website.
None sense
The whole country is based upon anti Pakistan sentiment

Yeah so it confirms that it is "WILL BE" as we all know, no "Is Being" as asked. Thanks.

China will upgrade Pakistan Air Force JF-17 Thunder multirole combat aircraft with the KLJ-7A active electronically scanned-array (AESA) radar, according to a 28 March report by the China Daily newspaper.

We do know that the upgrade is planned. Blk-I to be brought up to Blk-II standard and all existing examples planned to be upgraded with an AESA at some point. Currently no plane in undergoing this AESA upgrade.

@Thorough Pro

Yeah so it confirms that it is "WILL BE" as we all know, no "Is Being" as asked. Thanks.

China will upgrade Pakistan Air Force JF-17 Thunder multirole combat aircraft with the KLJ-7A active electronically scanned-array (AESA) radar, according to a 28 March report by the China Daily newspaper.

We do know that the upgrade is planned. Blk-I to be brought up to Blk-II standard and all existing examples planned to be upgraded with an AESA at some point. Currently no plane in undergoing this AESA upgrade.

@Thorough Pro
How do you know? Report came in March 2018 and May be upgrade started after 02-03 months ie May / June/ 2018.

Correct. The best possible upgrade for Blk 1/2 will be hmds solution.

I am predicting 100+ Blk 3 not 50s. Remember the time frame for delivery is around 4 yrs to fullful 50 units; by then another 50 will be signed up; like Blk2 was.
Thank you.
The numbers of block 3 remain uncertain. It again depends on finances. At 40 million a pop can our finances take a 4 billion hit is the question which is a burning one. Another option maybe to make all the changes but retain the PD radar for a possible future upgrade. How viable that would be remains to be seen. Generally we change blocks every 50 ACs so is the 4th block going to come in and at what stage. We also need a 3rd fighter and that choice is also a consideration.
A

Last edited:
I know because it is not happening. There are plans, yes, but that is all there is. Currently there are no Blk-I or II planes at PAC undergoing AESA refit.

Well, there was news about rehauling starting in China...

Well, there was news about rehauling starting in China...
That was related to Blk-I MLU prospects and up gradation. Note that there is a plant o bring Blk-I to Blk-II standard as well, the news you are referring to was about that plan. A AESA upgrade for Blk I & II is NOT finalized and not in progress right now.

Thank you.
The numbers of block 3 remain uncertain. It again depends on finances. At 40 million a pop can our finances take a 4 billion hit is the question which is a burning one. Another option maybe to make all the changes but retain the PD radar for a possible future upgrade. How viable that would be remains to be seen. Generally we change blocks every 50 ACs so is the 4th block going to come in and at what stage. We also need a 3rd fighter and that choice is also a consideration.
A
aik masoomana sawal.

kya Pakistan thunder ki payment PAC and CAIC ko dollars me karta hai ya rupees me?

Its is now 2018 ending - fck it, no sign of Jf17 block III in actual sight with AESA, Super Cruise and Long Range Radar targeting, what is Pakistan’s bloody answer to Rafale Jets.:angry::pissed:

Its is now 2018 ending - fck it, no sign of Jf17 block III in actual sight with AESA, Super Cruise and Long Range Radar targeting, what is Pakistan’s bloody answer to Rafale Jets.:angry::pissed:
It's not as if there's someone sitting outside of PAC reporting of every thing going in and out. The PAF generally uses major events (e.g. IDEAS, Dubai Air Show, etc) to outline the JF-17's progress. Based on what had been mentioned by the previous CAS, the Block-III's design is frozen, so the subsystems (i.e. AESA radar, new EW/ECM, etc) have been chosen and are in the process of being integrated. The production timeline is 2019-2020, which is still 1-2 years out.

Thank you. I am aware of the development. My understanding is currently the range of this radar is less than the current radar on Block 2s. Secondly what I am talking about is the actual necessity of changing radars when the PD radars are working effectively.Even if we had 1-2 planes per squadron guiding the other planes who operate with their radars shut and deploy weapons as directed by the AESA radar lead plane or even the AWACs, then do we actually in our resource constrained environment need to change the radar. The next question that I have is what happens to the radars which are taken out. Are they bought back by the parent company or can they be used else where and for what purpose.?
A
what if the lead AESA plane is taken out first? then what? abort mission?

Back
Top Bottom