What's new

Pakistan's HIT offers to upgrade Bangladeshi MBT fleet

I know, I was showing the turret, it's not new. 59s turret is still under there.
armour layer was removed, i shared pics too. dont have them now though

oh found it, look at the right side, armour cavity intact before removal

images.jpeg

Last edited:
Why should we give our MBT to a country that is ALLY of india?
So that india can easily counter us?

it is nice offer to Bangladesh lets see if the Government takes the offer

Why should we give our MBT to a country that is ALLY of india?
So that india can easily counter us?
Our MBT-2000 is essentially Chinese with add-ons from Ukraine and elsewhere. We believe it is as good as the best in SA - if not better.

Our MBT-2000 is essentially Chinese with add-ons from Ukraine and elsewhere. We believe it is as good as the best in SA - if not better.
Having only 44 MBT is a joke you need a lot more than that

Better look of Alzarrar in counter insurgency.
Pakistan_Military_Oversees_Popul-51040.largeslideshow.jpg

pakistan-refugees-return-2009-7-10-15-10-57.jpg

pakistan-refugees-return-2009-7-10-15-12-24.jpg

Having only 44 MBT is a joke you need a lot more than that

They are modernizing and buying MBTs according to their allocated Funds and requirements. The Numbers is sufficient for the next 10 Years. However opinion is BD Army should opt for small Numbers of MBT-2000/VTA1 or MBT-3000 rather than spending it on Type 59

- Type 59II/potentially upgrades to G/Al-Zarrar
- Type 69II-G still BD Army's main MBT
- MBT-2000

We will probably have 6 regts eventually.Because of terrain constraints these are best used for ops across our frontier. And we have plenty of other tanks to equip mechanized bdes integral to all infantry Divs.

Daksh Nakra, Bangalore - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
28 May 2014

Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT), Pakistan's state-owned tank and armoured vehicle manufacturing unit, has offered to modernise Bangladesh's ageing T-54/Type 59 and Type 69 main battle tanks (MBTs).

Brigadier GM Qureshi (rtd), director of Budget, Marketing and Procurement at HIT, told IHS Jane's the company had offered to upgrade the MBTs to the Al-Zarrar configuration "as per Bangladeshi requirements".

"The options include complete upgrade of the tanks or priority-based upgrade of power pack and transmission coupled with protection system or installation of new fire-control system with battle management system," he said. "The dialogue is in progress with Bangladesh to assess their requirements and we have the capability and flexibility to deliver any type of comprehensive solution."

(115 of 641 words)

Pakistan's HIT offers to upgrade Bangladeshi MBT fleet - IHS Jane's 360

@Loki @BDforever @Aeronaut @Armstrong @fatman17
I have a question, now when we upgrade their tanks to Al Zarrar configurations, and given their gov's closeness to the indians, dont it give the indian army a chance to study how our tanks would behave, and how to tackle them.

@Aeronaut

I have a question, now when we upgrade their tanks to Al Zarrar configurations, and given their gov's closeness to the indians, dont it give the indian army a chance to study how our tanks would behave, and how to tackle them.

@Aeronaut

its an offer by HIT, nothing more.

its an offer by HIT, nothing more.
I realized that once I went through the whole thread, but in case if something like that happens, how does PA ensure about the fact that the enemy dont get to study our equipment.

I realized that once I went through the whole thread, but in case if something like that happens, how does PA ensure about the fact that the enemy dont get to study our equipment.

Sadly i agree with u. I don't trust my country with our current army. In effect its a UN paid mercenary force now. It failed to protect the country's soverginity and its countrymen when the time came. Army as an institute have been destroyed by Hasina so no idea what's going on inside the army.

Back
Top Bottom