What's new

IHS Janes | Pakistan & Saudi Arabia in talks over JF-17, Al-Khalid sales.

Modernization of Al-Khalid Main Battle Tank (MBT) PAKISTAN ARMY I II (1).jpg

@Aeronaut

I am finding it hard to keep track of multiple threads on the same topic , since suddenly a lot of news is coming from different sources . Can you merge them to make it easier to comment and discuss ?

They are based on T-72 chassis

Bhai Type96 was based on type-85III ..

Type85->type 96-> type 90IIM (jointly developed by PK-China)->MBT 2000 -> AK-> AK I -> AKII

While chinese developed the type98 or Z series..

Upgraded T-72 -> t-90 series..

India operates the export version S.. :D

@Aeronaut means the influence on original type-90 mbt came from soviet t-72, later after pakistani participation, it emerged as type-90IIM, incorporating significant changes in armour, FCS, optics, engine, gun etc.

T-90?, ohh stop, your Al-Khalid are equal to upgraded T-72's.

T-90 IS the upgraded t-72, AK is a different story

Last edited:
Bhai Type96 was based on type-85III ..

Type85->type 96-> type 90IIM (jointly developed by PK-China)->MBT 2000 -> AK-> AK I -> AKII

While chinese developed the type98 or Z series..

Upgraded T-72 -> t-90 series..

India operates the export version S.. :D

What is Type - 85 based on :blink:

That's the important thing, which over enthusiastic fan boys should keep in mind.

• However, the potential deals appear to be more about the two countries' foreign policy objectives than gaps in Saudi military capabilities

@Aeronaut I don't know but I have a strong feeling that Saudi Arabia is looking for Al Khalid than its Al Khalid II I don't think they would go for Al Khalid or Al Khalid I and also in case of JF-17 it would be JF-17 Block II

Back
Top Bottom